Millar reveals the title to his first Ultimate Fantastic Four story: Crossover

E

Excelsior Club
Mark Millar returned today from holiday break and had this to say on his message board:

"Anyway, back at work today. Eager to see what's been happening while I was gone and itching to get started on the first issue of UFF. What a surprise, eh? Neil's Thor ideas were great, JMS had twists on them that made them even better and I was really looking forward to getting started. But UFF was an emergency and JQ knew I'd contributed very, very little to the first six issues and was itching for a proper crack at this. He played on that quite a bit when I was in New York last month and it all ended up just too tempting. I'm really excited about this and love Greg Land (FF is his favourite book ever) and we have quite a nice surprise lined up for the first story. All I'm going to leak is the title of this little corker and that's CROSSOVER. You have been warned."

Read this post in its entirity here: http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=43912

Mark Millar is always a crazy fellow. I can't wait to see what he'll do with the UFF. He didn't disapoint me with Ultimates 2, so I can just guess that he won't let me (or anyone) down.

Go you crazy ******!!! :p

Goodwill said:
It could be my Spider-Man/ FF idea after all, E!

I'm thinking more along the lines of FF/Ultimates, if it is even that kind of crossover.

It'd be cool if the FF hired the Ultimates PR dept. or was able to use them because they're military.

:lol: How can you get anything out of that, D? I hope you're right, though, Millar has let us down in the past (UXM). I am eagerly awaiting his run, though.

Goodwill said:
:lol: How can you get anything out of that, D?

Goody, of all people to utter those words, I'd never expect it to be you.

XTFLyons said:
I might be stupid... but just because the title is "Crossover" does that mean two titles are gonna meet up??

Absolutely not, which is why I said...

UltimateE said:
I'm thinking more along the lines of FF/Ultimates, if it is even that kind of crossover.

Well hey, since in the other thread, E, you mentioned maybe time travel relating to WW2 (I don't know if you were joking or not), mabey that's what CROSSOVER is?

icemastertron said:
Well hey, since in the other thread, E, you mentioned maybe time travel relating to WW2 (I don't know if you were joking or not), mabey that's what CROSSOVER is?

Maybe whatever crossover they do will clean the line up a bit. Say crossover into the mainline Ultimate Universe from the little branch they're currently inhabiting.

Then we could have Ultimate Fantastic Four, 616 Fantastic Four, 2099 Doom, and Earth Prime's Jonah Hex all meet up! Yeah!

I'm sorry, I read Crisis on Infinate Earths last night.

Baxter said:
Maybe whatever crossover they do will clean the line up a bit. Say crossover into the mainline Ultimate Universe from the little branch they're currently inhabiting.

Actually, maybe this can happen! I can totally see Millar doing this, and it would indicate to the title being CROSSOVER! So hey, good thought Baxter! :wink:

icemastertron said:

Ooh, I hope. Since all of the problems now stem from the appearance of the UFF, I'd like to see it cleared up in the pages of UFF, rather than in a universe-spanning event Bendis has hinted at. But I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Latest posts

Back