Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

New pic at Noob.com with Quan Chi.

encounter.jpg

neat-o

I'm thinking Quan Chi is the enforcer and the one talking is Shinnok. Because of the whole bound to the netherrealm and because Quan Chi was Shinnok's enforcer at that point.

I'm thinking Quan Chi is the enforcer and the one talking is Shinnok. Because of the whole bound to the netherrealm and because Quan Chi was Shinnok's enforcer at that point.
I don't think so, Quan Chi clearly has the amulet on, and if Quan has the amulet, he is not working for Shinnok

I don't think so, Quan Chi clearly has the amulet on, and if Quan has the amulet, he is not working for Shinnok

He had the amulet when he was working for him though. It's how he bested Shinnok in Chi's MK4 ending. How he revealed that he was playing Shinnok from the start.He got it back in mythologies which storyline wise takes place before the MK1.

Edit:

see?

[youtube]lv_DTnFUvT4[/youtube]

Last edited:
He had the amulet when he was working for him though. It's how he bested Shinnok in Chi's MK4 ending. How he revealed that he was playing Shinnok from the start.He got it back in mythologies which storyline wise takes place before the MK1.

Edit:

see?

[youtube]lv_DTnFUvT4[/youtube]

thats because it was part of his character model and Midway is lazy so they didn't alter it

realistically he would have kept it hidden until he betrayed shinnok

in other news

Midway actually had to borrow money, to finance the mass production of this game yesterday.

So if this game doesn't turn a profit, a sizeable one at that, this could be it for Midway this time next year the company could be part of EA or Activision-Blizzard, or be completley bankrupt and sold off it's license's to other companies.

The Idea of the Mortal Kombat license being sold to another company would have me giddy with excitement, Ideally I'd want Namco-Bandai to take it, but since they already have two major fighting games license's Tekken and Soul Calibur I doubt they'd purchase yet another one. However if SEGA purchased the rights they could turn it into their very own version of Soul Calibur, so they would have Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter to counter Namco-Bandai's Tekken and Soul Calibur. But odds are it'll end up being purchased by EA or AB, maybe Sony or Microsoft too.

Capcom could use it to do a Capcom vs Mortal Kombat game.

They could, but in the unfortunate occurance of MK/DCU not making a profit causing Midway's tanking, it would show that maybe MK doesn't have the crossover potential that Capcom may want.

In fact, if Midway actually tanks, I think it's far more likely that MK/DCU would become the Final MK game, than another company talking an unsuccesful license and trying to make some coin off it.

Chances are none of the other companies would want it and if they did take it it would probably be less violent unless the guys at SNK got it. Though, i'm not sure about any of the japanese companies taking the helms of an western made game . Not oppose to it just don't know what to think.

Capcom could use it to do a Capcom vs Mortal Kombat game.

I've been wanting a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game since I can remember I even posted about that here :lol: God i hope that would happen.

I've been wanting a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game since I can remember I even posted about that here :lol: God i hope that would happen.

Again though, the japanese companies hardly take the series( or most western games) seriously so i doubt it would happen.

Boon called him out first though.

The fact that they responded at all kinda proves my point though. I don't think Namco, Capcom, or Sega need to worry about competition in the sales market, MK isn't stealing any customers right now, but over the last 16 years that MK has been around it has proven to be a succesful franchise, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if any company spent considerable time mulling over an offer to purchase the license should the oppurtunity arise.

Latest posts

Back