Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

Some Arcade mode gameplay(don't worry there aren't spoilers).

[youtube]E8LMqGarNRM[/youtube]

Last edited:
How are the Fatalities, Are they like they use to be to pull off or easier to pull off?

as they've always been four or 5 D-pad/Face button inputs

Ah good. I was worried they might have made them much easier to please casual gamers like most games seem to be doing these days.

Damn just read the differences in uk and usa.

For UK :

Pros : Uncensored Fatalities (apparently usa one cuts away on them e.g Joker's zooms in on Joker when he fires gun but uk version shows full)

Usa Joker Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX-PoVM5vM8

UK Joker Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaCcWJvsRA

Usa Deathstroke Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxP6p722U3k

Uk Deathstroke Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqqbQjKQKKg

Plus Kitana's is meant to be a little a different.

I don't get this at all. It was made in USA so why our version is uncensored but your one is not makes no sense to me at all could someone explain?

Cons :

No bonus disc in Kollectors edition.

No bonus artwork - :( I really, really wanted that cover.

Neutral

We get tin box in Kollectors edition, USA gets velvet box.

Getting this tomorrow, I was looking forward to playing people on here and getting the cover. Neither is happening now as Europe can not play USA on it thanks to the censorship we have different servers. And I can't get the cover I wanted either :( Disappointing.

Still should be fun, I was just reading up on differences and the game before I got it, I thought others on here might find the censorship issue weird or interesting or both.

it's o.k, kindof exactly what I expected, it's alot more fresh but not necessarily bettr, if that makes sense

one thing that irks me is that I've played through both sides of the story mode, beat arcade with an MK character and a DC character. but I haven't unlocked Darkseid or Shao Kahn due to some trophy glitch thats totally bogus

they kinda sorta leave it open for a sequel because Darkseid and Shao Kahn
end up imprisoned in eachothers universes
so it could be revisited

I lfind the arcade endings very amusing though, showing a lasting impression on eachothers universes,
Kano becoming MK's Joker, Deathstroke starting a clan of mercenary's each with vaguely MK-ish powers

Last edited:
it's o.k, kindof exactly what I expected, it's alot more fresh but not necessarily bettr, if that makes sense

one thing that irks me is that I've played through both sides of the story mode, beat arcade with an MK character and a DC character. but I haven't unlocked Darkseid or Shao Kahn due to some trophy glitch thats totally bogus

Are you sure? If you have ps3 version press R1 or R2 to make the extra characters pop up (not sure on 360). I couldn't see them unlocked at first and was like "what the hell?" then I pressed the button trying to see if I could see an alternate costume for someone (none in game I think but worth a look) and it popped up.

I don't get this at all. It was made in USA so why our version is uncensored but your one is not makes no sense to me at all could someone explain?

Different censorship regulations for games over here, obviously. Maybe there was some work done on the game in the UK and they were able to keep that stuff in.

Different censorship regulations for games over here, obviously. Maybe there was some work done on the game in the UK and they were able to keep that stuff in.

yeah but seems weird a usa made game is only censored in usa :lol:

Damn just read the differences in uk and usa.

For UK :

Pros : Uncensored Fatalities (apparently usa one cuts away on them e.g Joker's zooms in on Joker when he fires gun but uk version shows full)

Usa Joker Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX-PoVM5vM8

UK Joker Fatality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaCcWJvsRA

I love how Joker dances around after shooting. Its so Joker. :)

Simple: Jack Thompson and soccer moms.

Censorship is MUCH worse in the USA than it is in Ireland and the UK.

And a large portion of the rest of the world. We're prudes over here in the States. ;)

And a large portion of the rest of the world. We're prudes over here in the States. ;)

Censorship is much worse in Ireland and the UK than it is in the rest of Europe, though. Toplessness isn't even considered censor-worthy nudity in the rest of Europe.

Censorship is much worse in Ireland and the UK than it is in the rest of Europe, though. Toplessness isn't even considered censor-worthy nudity in the rest of Europe.

That's because of the Europe is gay and would see a topless girl and just go :roll:

I'm so getting infracted for that comment aren't I

So I watched the story cutscenes online and I have to say they got these character really down. The voices are great as well as their interactions. Very well done on their part

Just looked at the stuff inside box besides game to read comic (btw way I liked the comic) but to my surprise what did I find? The Alex Ross picture I was disappointed our version of Kollectors edition didn't have in poster format :rockon::rockon: Now no doubt usa version had poster but I didn't think we did as we didn't get cover.

I'm officially very happy and prefer our version. Loose a bonus disk and slip cover gain Uncensored Fatalities and still have the picture I bought Kollectors edition for :D

Though as for the game it's self, Loving it. Only done DC story mode so far and not played as a Mortal Kombat person but so far my favourite character to be is the Joker and I have his shoot to the face Fatality memorised and his normal moves so I'm liking him.

My only complaint/semi-complaint is lack of modes. The other 3d mortal kombat games had some sort of fun mini game attached to them and the Chess game with DC vs Mortal Kombat would have been great, the kart game too but the chess game more so. Also no Vs mode for 1 player? That's a bad move IMO as I would like to play some battles just in VS e.g 1p Lex vs Com Superman in Ruined Metropolis.

Apparently concerning video games, the UK and Ireland are more relaxed in terms of censorship (at least concerning violence) than in the US, hence the zooming in on the US version as opposed to the full view in the UK version.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back