Movies of 2011

nigma

Drive Angry 7.1 the best parts of the movie were when Nick Cage was getting shot in the face or getting the crap kicked out of him. the movie itself was an odd one and over the top in everything.
The Adjustment Bureau 8.2/10 I liked the premise and set up of the film. everything moved at just the right pace and explained everything in just the right little bits.
I am Number Four 7.6/10 as a whole the film wasn't that bad, enough CGI and bad guy killing to keep me entertained. and not care to much about the unneeded love story. and it has a kick ass girl with a bike.
Gnomeo & Juliet 7.7/10 just enough laughs, adults humor, and mayhem to keep you watching.
Paul 8.0/10 couldn't stop laughing. Keith Nash. :lol:
The Eagle 7.5/10 solid movie, decent action and movies the story along nicely to keep you watching.
The Dilemma 6.4/10 it wasn't a bad movie, just not my cup of tea.

The Mechanic 7.5/10 Solid Jason Statham film, just enough guns, stunts, and what not to keep the movie going, but not too over the top either.
Green Hornet 8.5/10 I loved the movie, it was fun, entertaining, and when they started singing alone to Gangsters Paradise by Coolio just made the movie for me. and i loved the fight scenes, cuz there wasn't much CGI involved it was real. it sort'a reminded me of the Rush Hour movies.
Season of the Witch 5.9/10 to much religion in it for me, if its in the background or secondary i can normally tolerate it, but it just seemed to much for me. other than that Ron Perlman (Hellboy and Sons of Anarchy) did a fantastic job with what he was given. and i wont even get started on Cage, if it wasn't for Ron i would have given it 4.1

Last edited:
The Green Hornet -- C+ It was relatively entertaining. Seth Rogan kind of grates on me. Kato was really what held the movie together. And James Franco at the beginning was the best part.

Unknown -- B Not as good as Taken, but still pretty fun. I was hoping that the OZ graffiti in the background all the way through the movie was going to be significant, or at least some kind of easter egg, but it turns out there is actually a graffiti artist in Germany who uses the pseudonym OZ and tags his work with that name.

Last edited:
updated for: Drive Angry, The Adjustment Bureau, I am Number Four, Gnomeo & Juliet, Paul, The Eagle, and The Dilemma

tumblr_lhxnouaALi1qcf9bk.jpg

Rango
Gore Verbinski's first animated film is a triumph. Rango is funny, surreal and unique and has some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen. You can tell everyone involved was simply having a blast.

Last edited:

Rango
Gore Verbinski's first animated film is a triumph. Rango is funny, surreal and unique and has some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen. You can tell everyone involved was simply having a blast.

This. I think it's one of the best animated films to come along in quite some time. In the future, I'm going to try to see as many animated films as I can in their 2D presentation versus the 3D-glasses one.

Seen so far this year:
DRIVE ANGRY 3D
RANGO

Rango

They really included that reference to Fear and Loathing in the film?

Drive Angry was pretty amazing. I was surprised.

YES. It's on par with Con-Air when it comes to Nic Cage guilty pleasures. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a theater before.

Paul was a decent film. It wasn't as funny as I expected from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but it contained enough pop culture references to keep me entertained. Before I went in I thought that Seth Rogen was kind of a stupid choice to play the voice of an alien, but he actually did a great job. Jason Bateman and Bill Hader were awesome.

Latest posts

Back