Movies that make you cry

I remember when I was little, I balled my eyes out to All Dogs Go to Heaven and I refuse to watch it to this day. Em, let's see, what else. The scene in The Iron Giant when he
closes his eyes and says "Superman" before colliding with the nuke to save the town
also made me misty, just because of how powerful the scene was. Grave of the Fireflies really tore my heart out, I felt bad for two days afterwards.

Moving away from cartoons :? I remember crying a little when I first saw The Seven Samurai and I still shed a tear at the end of Shane even now.

I was in the same room as a TV that had Grave of the Fireflies on it once. I was suicidal for a week. You actually watched it and lived? You Sir are a stronger man than I.

And yeah, The Matrix and Batman Begins? Come on guys. I'm a bigger nerd than all of you combined and those haven't moved me to tears.

I can't stress just how ball-blastingly hilarious Lone Wolf McQuade is. I don't even want to post any clips from the movie. It's better if you see the whole thing from start to finish to truly soak in the hilarity.

I've never laughed as hard as I did in this film. Never.

Y
I'm sure Langsta cried when the Asian chick in the star-spangled jumpsuit got eaten. She had just proven herself by kicking that zombie in the face in slo-mo, when she's cut down from her heroic destiny.

So bold. So moving. So tear-inducing.

This film does prove something though. All Asian people, be they business men, or strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits, are martial arts experts. Especially strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits.

This film does prove something though. All Asian people, be they business men, or strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits, are martial arts experts. Especially strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits.

That's terribly insensitive.

Over there, they call them "geishas", and they all know martial arts. It's part of their sexy pole training.

Last edited:
I have to admit to tearing up to my fair share of movies but very few have made me actually need a tissue, the first was Mask (with Cher and Eric Stoltz not Jim Carey) and the most recent was the end of The Guardian (yes the one with dynamic acting of both Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner).

By the way I haven't seen it in years but I really liked Lone Wolf McQuade, but the one where Chuck has the mullett and dresses like the Undertaker was absolutley terrible

Okay, the main one that made me cry was the ending of A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

It was just so horrifically sad.... oh my god.... it's horrible. It's not even that good of a movie. It's pretentious and overblown and most of all manipulative, but damn if that manipulation didn't work.

The two main scenes in It's A Wonderful Life that get me every time are
during the opening narration when you hear one of George's kids say "something's wrong with my daddy", and of course, Mr. Gower's frantic apology.

The things that make me cry harder than any movie though, are the ending of the best Futurama episode ever, "The Luck Of The Fryrish", and the last minute or so of one of the best episodes of The Office ever, "Take Your Daughter To Work Day".

For some reason, the latter was simply touching the first time, but absolutely moving the second time I saw it, months later. I had to immeadiately watch it again the next day because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Any...anything that has people portraying others when they're not the same race.

It...it gets me every time. :cry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peter Sellers in "The Party" made me cry tears of laughter (he played an Indian ... red dot not feather)

I thought Peter Sellers was part-Indian anyway.

Although I do agree Langsta is a wuss, I'll give a serious answer:

Forrest Gump when he's talking to Jenny at her grave.

For me with Forrest Gump, it's
the reactiong shot when Jenny tells him it's his son. Tom Hanks is the greatest actor.... ever.

These are the only movies that have made me cry.

White Fang
Requiem For a Dream
Brian's Song
Pan's Labyrinth

These are the only acceptable movies for a man to cry during.

That is all.

Sorry bro, but if you cried during Pan's Labyrinth, well, you're just a big tool.

:neutral:

The scene in The Iron Giant when he
closes his eyes and says "Superman" before colliding with the nuke to save the town
also made me misty, just because of how powerful the scene was.

YES.

In some ways that is the greatest Superman movie ever.

Also, the first time I saw it,
the last bit where the piece starts whistling and you see that even after all of that, he's still being put back together.

But Batman Begins and The Matrix?

Seriously?

I know.... what the hell.:?

the end of The Guardian (yes the one with dynamic acting of both Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner).

That movie was great and underrated.

I don't know any martial arts.

Unless you count my bed skills with children, for that is when my body... becomes a weapon.:heybaby:

"A Moment To Remember" made me cry.

a-moment-to-remember.jpg

Ive been a sucker for Korean Romance movies ever since

Last edited:
No lie, I just watched the Matrix, and at the part where Trinity is like "The Oracle told me that I would fall in love, and that that person, the person I fell in love with, would be the One. So you see Neo, you can't be dead....you just can't," I just started bawling my eyes out.

Great movie.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

and the most recent was the end of The Guardian (yes the one with dynamic acting of both Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner).
That movie was great and underrated.

You speak the truth, I'm a lifeguard by choice, so I related to alot of things in that movie. It hit me a lot closer than most. When Ashton asked "What's your real number?" and Kevin replied "22." Ashton was shocked "22? That's not bad. It's not 200 but..."

and this line makes me well up and cry every single time: kevin "22 is the number of people I lost, Jake. The only number I kept track of."

and the end, its just perfect. Im almost crying now, remembering how amazing this movie is.

No lie, I just watched the Matrix, and at the part where Trinity is like "The Oracle told me that I would fall in love, and that that person, the person I fell in love with, would be the One. So you see Neo, you can't be dead....you just can't," I just started bawling my eyes out.

Great movie.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

yeah? makes me excited, like quote from gladiator: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Both movies get me pumped, but i could never see crying during these parts.

Joe Somebody

that movie made you cry? where, when and why?

AvP2.

The tears are because it was actually made.

this movie actually made me excited, it had such promise, and then i saw it.

a part of me died

Latest posts

Back