Movies that make you cry

H.R. Giger does not masturbate in the traditional way.

He just diddles himself with a cell phone.

cellphone.jpg

No lie, I just watched the Matrix, and at the part where Trinity is like "The Oracle told me that I would fall in love, and that that person, the person I fell in love with, would be the One. So you see Neo, you can't be dead....you just can't," I just started bawling my eyes out.

Great movie.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Okay who dipped you in Sissy-sauce?

I think that every day, we should take an Ourchair quote completely out-of-context and post it on the main page or at the top of the forum. Heck, maybe have people write short stories around them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay who dipped you in Sissy-sauce?

He's Asian. Asians are all sensitive and stuff.

so Sweet and Sour Sissy-sauce?

Too.....much.....funny.....

No.... such.... thing...

I think that every day, we should take an Ourchair quote completely out-of-context and post it on the main page or at the top of the forum. Heck, maybe have people write short stories around them.
I wish I could produce that much decontextualizable wit to justify it daily.

The short stories idea would be awesome, though.

We know.

God bless her. *Salutes*
*salutes with a tear running down his cheek*
I can't stress just how ball-blastingly hilarious Lone Wolf McQuade is. I don't even want to post any clips from the movie. It's better if you see the whole thing from start to finish to truly soak in the hilarity.

I've never laughed as hard as I did in this film. Never.
I think my dad has it on DVD.

I'm not ****ing kidding.

But it's probably still unwrapped and unopened, just like all his other DVDs that he never watches.
This film does prove something though. All Asian people, be they business men, or strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits, are martial arts experts. Especially strippers in star-spangled jumpsuits.
"Kwang Lee Jung! Wouldn't it be easier to use a gun?"

"I don't need a gun. My hands are deadly weapons!! Hee-Haaww!"
[youtube]vgNeoMvC6hA[/youtube]

further proof.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

"You created it all so you could be immortal! Why?"

"To live forever."
Okay, the main one that made me cry was the ending of A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

It was just so horrifically sad.... oh my god.... it's horrible. It's not even that good of a movie. It's pretentious and overblown and most of all manipulative, but damn if that manipulation didn't work.
Oh god, that was sad as hell.

It made me want to give my mom a hug.
The things that make me cry harder than any movie though, are the ending of the best Futurama episode ever, "The Luck Of The Fryrish"
One of my favorite Futuramas.

I love that Futurama was able to end so often on truly touching poignant moments. Not an easy thing for an animated show. I don't think even The Simpsons ever managed it.
H.R. Giger just masturbated to it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I definitely remember you admitting to going misty-eyed during some scenes in Begins and definitely in Phantasm.

Yeah, the Falcone-arclight scene in Begins was borderline-tears for me the first time I saw it...... but I don't get the Rachel stuff.

MOTP is a different story. I freely admit to tearing up at times in that, but it's got more tragedy and true love than pretty much any other bit of Batman anywhere.

Okay, the main one that made me cry was the ending of A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

It was just so horrifically sad.... oh my god.... it's horrible. It's not even that good of a movie. It's pretentious and overblown and most of all manipulative, but damn if that manipulation didn't work.

What happened? I started watching at the robot circus and it was still too long to hold my attention.

Off the top of my head:

* Children of Men (pervasive sense of hopelessness at the convincing depiction of civilization's breakdown;
then the glimmer of possibility at the arrival of the Human Project ship
)

* 28 Days Later (the overall horribleness of it all; especially the part when the survivors realize that there will probably never be any new films made, etc. The scenes with the military were almost unbearably harsh. I cried during Y the Last Man volume 1, during the similar conversation about all the dead rock bands)

* Lord of the Flies (I went to an all boys Catholic school, until second year high school; it's potentially every bit as brutal, and you can be sure that I'd never want to be stuck on a desert island with my former classmates. For some reason, Battle Royal doesn't quite have the same effect on me, though. :?)

One of my favorite Futuramas.

I love that Futurama was able to end so often on truly touching poignant moments. Not an easy thing for an animated show. I don't think even The Simpsons ever managed it.

The ending of "Mother Simpson" is probably the best they did, and it's very good. It's actually too bad they didn't try for more stuff like that, mainly with Homer. Every person in America is practically family to these characters, so they had plenty of leverage.

Simpsons is still a much better and funnier and even a deeper show, though.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

When they finally get the burgers.

I've been in similar predicaments, when you finally get what you crave, it tastes so good.

Aw man, yeah...

Everytime we watch that, we go over to Mc Donalds for those Happy Meal Hamburgers you can get for €1. It's the closest imaginable substitute. We don't have White Castle over here. In fact, we actually have very little fastfood joint-franchises (pretty much just McDonalds, Burger King and some smaller ones). Definitely a good thing.

Simpsons is still a much better and funnier and even a deeper show, though.

I partially disagree. I think, particularly in it's last two seasons, Futurama was equalling and even surpassing The Simpsons in it's prime in comedy, as well as intellectual and emotional depth. In breadth of material though, yeah, The Simpsons comes out on top.

Latest posts

Back