Movies that make you cry

I think I might have cried during some Disney movies, but I don't remember any specific ones.

I felt like crying near the end of Return of the King when the ring is finally destroyed because it was so intense. The journey was over. Lord of the Rings had dominated my life for 3 years. I was free.

I was fighting back tears during a handfull of scenes in Return of the King because of just how damn good it was. The first time was when you see Gandalf actually fight for the first time on the wall at Minas Tirith, but it kept on going, from Eowyn fighting the Witch-King the Ring being destroyed and a million other moments it would be blasphemous to recount in text.

Edit: Yes, I get the irony that "text" was where those scenes originated, and no I don't care because the films top it by a mile and a half.

Last edited:
I am Sam makes me bawl like an infant every time.
Pursuit of Happyness made me mist pretty heavily the first time I saw it.
Life is Beautiful always causes a tear to be shed by me.

This isn't a movie,* but I got misty at the point in Mass Effect where you have to decide which of your party members to save and leave the other one to die.

*though it had enough cutscenes to qualify as one

Yeah, Up was a lot sadder than I was prepared for.

While "Almost Famous" doesn't make me cry, it does give me the ol' misty eyes. Especially the "Tiny Dancer scene" in the bus. Also the part in "Tombstone" where Doc Holliday says goodbye to Wyatt Earp just before he dies. Val Kilmer is great in that movie. :cry:

I tear up in "Enchanted" too...there I said it. I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
I think I might have cried during some Disney movies, but I don't remember any specific ones.

I felt like crying near the end of Return of the King when the ring is finally destroyed because it was so intense. The journey was over. Lord of the Rings had dominated my life for 3 years. I was free.

I was fighting back tears during a handfull of scenes in Return of the King because of just how damn good it was. The first time was when you see Gandalf actually fight for the first time on the wall at Minas Tirith, but it kept on going, from Eowyn fighting the Witch-King the Ring being destroyed and a million other moments it would be blasphemous to recount in text.

Edit: Yes, I get the irony that "text" was where those scenes originated, and no I don't care because the films top it by a mile and a half.

Hmmm. Interesting. My eyes got a little misty at the very end when Viggo is crowned king and then he and Liv walk down the crowd and the hobbits bow....then Viggo says, "My friends......you bow to no one." And then he along with everyone else bow to the hobbits.

They're humbled....I'm humbled....I don't know why that scene gets me. But it tends to.

Weird.

I am Sam makes me bawl like an infant every time.
Pursuit of Happyness made me mist pretty heavily the first time I saw it.
Life is Beautiful always causes a tear to be shed by me.

Definitely.

Especially Pursuit of Happyness.

The opening in Up. :(

Most definitely. I wasn't prepared for that. Curse you Pixar.

I forgot all about The Pursuit of Happyness. :cry:

Up definitely had me crying, and I've talked in this thread before about how hard it is to get me to tear up during a movie.

I made it through the opening but I broke when Carl is looking through the book near the end and
he sees all the photos and the note from Ellie
and the very end,
when he puts the "badge" on Russell.

Kills me.

Although I do agree Langsta is a wuss, I'll give a serious answer:

Forrest Gump when he's talking to Jenny at her grave.

I have to admit the last time I watched Forrest Gump I cried there too.
But that was because my girlfriend and I had just broken up.

And I just watched Up recently. I cried like a little girl at several points in that movie. No excuses or explanations, Up is a wonderful, moving story.

My Neighbour Totoro/Grave of the Fireflies double feature. :(

The final scene in Avatar got me misty.

ALSO

Just saw It's A Wonderful Life again, cried at the end.

The Scrubs season finale (not the crappy Scrubs Med School) when JD walked down the aisle and
saw all the people from his past and then saw his future
. I watched it on dvd and just cried and cried.

Last edited:
I was expecting to cry last night at Where the Wild Things Are.

I didn't. Instead I was mostly perplexed that the monster James Gandolfini voiced was named Carol. :?

Latest posts

Back