Movies that make you cry

The Simpson's is quite possibly the most overrated TV show in the history of TV (second to maybe Family Guy), I mean after the 4th season it's become horrendously repetitive and entirely unfunny

He speaks truthisms.

Sorry, I've just never heard ANYONE ever say that The Simpsons fell apart let alone became "entirely unfunny" after the 4th season, and can't really understand the concept of that. The 4th season is where it took off.

Maybe not the fourth season, but most people who grew up with the Simpsons think it has severely dropped off in quality. Definitely over here in the UK anyway (although Mole might argue with me) and we British have far greater senses of humour than anyone else. We created Fawlty Towers and Monty Python.

He speaks truthisms.

Maybe not the fourth season, but most people who grew up with the Simpsons think it has severely dropped off in quality. Definitely over here in the UK anyway (although Mole might argue with me) and we British have far greater senses of humour than anyone else. We created Fawlty Towers and Monty Python.

The way it worked is this. The first season was pretty terrible, but it got progressively better over the next two seasons. Then the fourth season was the first that was hilariously funny. And it stayed real funny for a while. It was good until about season 11 or 12 where it was really crazy and gonzo and fun. Then it fell off the map for a little bit. and for years I didn't really watch it. and it kind of sucked. but I've watched a few of the new episodes in the last few weeks, now that I've got a DVR, and they've actually been pretty funny.

Maybe I'm just more tolerant to the show now, since I haven't really watched it in years.

The way it worked is this. The first season was pretty terrible, but it got progressively better over the next two seasons. Then the fourth season was the first that was hilariously funny. And it stayed real funny for a while. It was good until about season 11 or 12 where it was really crazy and gonzo and fun. Then it fell off the map for a little bit. and for years I didn't really watch it. and it kind of sucked. but I've watched a few of the new episodes in the last few weeks, now that I've got a DVR, and they've actually been pretty funny.

Maybe I'm just more tolerant to the show now, since I haven't really watched it in years.

This is exactly it, with the only thing being that every time I try and watch a new one these days I cringe and grimace and turn it off within a few minutes.

This is exactly it, with the only thing being that every time I try and watch a new one these days I cringe and grimace and turn it off within a few minutes.

Actually, now that I'm looking at the episode lists, it was a little earlier. It really started dropping off around season 9 or 10. It didn't necessarily suck but it wasn't all that great anymore, and then shortly after that, it really started to suck.

Last edited:
I think South Park was right with "Simpsons Did It".

The Simpsons has done so much, that they have just run out of storylines. Everything has been done before.

The Simpsons has done so much, that they have just run out of storylines. Everything has been done before.

realistically almost every story the simpson's ever did had been done before too some extent

originality is about as rare as sasquatch these days

I agree with this assessment.

Simpsons isn't significantly 'better' or 'worse' than it was before. It has simply done everything.

The Simpsons is my favorite show of all time. It started when I was 9 and I loved it immediately, and it still makes me laugh when I watch it these days. It's been in my life longer than my dad was! I will never think it "sucks."

It's been unwatchable for the past 5 years or so, but literally everybody I know grew up watching it and the entire 90s was Simpsons classic from start to finish.

The recent Ralph Wiggam for president episode was fantastic.

But otherwise its just been recycling. Hell, its even acknowledged it in the second time the got a horse.

Actually, now that I'm looking at the episode lists, it was a little earlier. It really started dropping off around season 9 or 10. It didn't necessarily suck but it wasn't all that great anymore, and then shortly after that, it really started to suck.

I completely disagree that it started slipping that early. Seasons 9 and 10 are loaded with absolutely hysterical, classic episodes and even Seasons 11 and 12, although just starting to become the "new" Simpsons at that point, were still incredibly funny every single week, probably moreso than anything else on TV at the time and infinitely rewatchable.

I agree with this assessment.

Simpsons isn't significantly 'better' or 'worse' than it was before. It has simply done everything.

No way. The show is scripted and timed HORRIBLY nowadays, and although the plots definitely aren't as cool and creative as they used to be, it's the depressingly talentless execution that makes it unwatchable. The jokes aren't funny.

I watched Disney's Meet The Robinsons again this morning before I took it back to Blockbuster.

I got plenty misty eyed at the end.

**** you....don't judge me. :x

Finally thought of a movie that makes me come damn close to crying. I forgot how powerful it was until I caught it on tv again last night: "Mysterious Skin".

It's the very last scene:

[youtube]0HDxHumpCu0[/youtube]

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Latest posts

Back