My Movie Watching Project

Newman as Microchip sums up that whole movie.

I didn't have that one queued, thankfully.

These movies take around 4 hours to convert. I wasted time converting that turd when I could've been converting something good.

It does takes some steps in the right direction but for every good thing they completely screw up 5 other things. It's amazing.

Hellboy - 3/5
Decent but kind of confusing story (the comics aren't super easy to follow for me anyway). Good casting.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - 4.5/5
A bit formulaic and predictable but it was still good. Cool concepts and effects but it would have been nice if the characters weren't so generic.

Crazy Heart - 5/5
Wow. Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal are amazing and it's such a good story. Highly recommended. If I wanted to dumb it down I'd say it's The Wrestler for country music but it's much better than that.

Prince of Persia was the worst film I saw last year. I haven't seen Crazy Heart but I love The Wrestler.

Re: All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

I feel like the only person who really really enjoyed King Kong. I'm also the only person who didn't really enjoy Lord of the Rings. Maybe I'm not a person.

I know a handful of other people, myself included, who appreciated that LOTR were well-made movies, but found them intensely boring. It's been a good five odd years since I've properly watched any of them, so maybe a repeated viewing would yield a different result.

I also thought King Kong (2005) was pretty mediocre the one time I saw it. And I adore the original.

I really enjoyed Terminator: Salvation. I rented the Blu-Ray last year, with really low expectations and I found it to be a really decent action/adventure. I loved how they even found a way for Worthington to wear a leather jacket and CGI Schwarzenegger was fun, even though it had been spoiled to Hell in trailers and TV spots.

Last edited:
Punisher - 0/5
The most important thing this movie taught me is that IMDB user ratings are completely worthless and wrong. It is a 6.3 - not great, obviously, but that should indicate that a movie is not so terrible that I am forced to turn it off after 1/2 hour. This might have been the worst 1/3 movie I've ever seen. Full of horrible 80s movie cliches, the worst acting of just about any movie I've ever seen...I was grossly misled. Screw you, IMDB.

The part that did it for me was when Maria and Will (?!) were run over by a truck (?!?!?!?!) and there was absolutely zero blood. There was nothing redeeming about anything up to that point, but for some reason that was my breaking point.

I'm mad. Now it's too late to start (what I hope will be) a decent movie tonight.

this was the 80s punisher and not the one with Thomas Jane, right?

Prince of Persia was the worst film I saw last year.

What specifically did you not like about it?

this was the 80s punisher and not the one with Thomas Jane, right?

It was the one with Thomas Jane, who I had not (to my knowledge) seen in a film before (thought I did see him in Arrested Development) and didn't know he was a horrible actor.

Lost Highway - 2/5
Weird for the sake of being weird, with a few interesting moments. I generally am OK with films that let the viewer decide what happened and how, but it was too weird and incoherent to be able to do that.

It was the one with Thomas Jane, who I had not (to my knowledge) seen in a film before (thought I did see him in Arrested Development) and didn't know he was a horrible actor.

hmmm, i certainly didn't love the movie, nor would I watch it again if I had the choice, but I think you're the first person I've heard that hated it so much.

I didn't get to watch any movies last week because I didn't have my computer, and the next three are all movies I've seen already but wanted to rewatch.

Inception - 5/5
This is now my 2nd favorite movie ever, after Pulp Fiction. I love movies that through huge, unique concepts at the viewer and this does exactly that.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 4/5
A lot of it is corny but who cares; it looks cool. I loved Transformers more than anything as a kid so it's ingrained in my brain to love anything that has to do with them. I couldn't hate the movies if I tried.

Sin City - 5/5
One of my top 10 favorites, stylistically perfect, and the truest comic-to-movie adaption I've seen. Some of the best characters I've seen and perfect casting to match.

Animal House - 4/5
This was a new one - I'd never seen it. It was very funny, but it was one of those movies where I've seen enough movies that are sort of derivative of it that the impact of what it is was kind of lost on me. I had a similar problem with Watchmen (comic, not movie) when I first read it.

Really? I watched the first Transformers movie and was horrified by it. I literally drove my friends bananas and they stopped the movie because my Houde-atary was making everyone laugh to much.

I adored Transformers as a kid, and I hate the current films.

Houde-atary sounds like some kind of disease obese people would get.

"You've eaten so many Twinkies you've got Houde-atary!"

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
I literally drove my friends bananas and they stopped the movie because my Houde-atary was making everyone laugh to much.

If you did that to me I would kill you.

I love the original TRANSFORMERS and I thought the new TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED was awesome.

But Michael Bay is awful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back