My Movie Watching Project

i saw the first Transformers in theatres and then made a blood pact never to go see any sequels that involved Michael Bay or Shia LeBoeuf.

The transformers/action was cool, but then there was everything else...

I like the first Transformers. I haven't seen Revenge of the Fallen since the cinema. I haven't seen Dark of the Moon at all.

The Princess Bride - 5/5
Very funny and a great story.

inconceivablepo4ad0.jpg

Smokin' Aces - 3/5
Entertaining in the most superficial of ways...Acting was pretty good and lots of action but the story was pretty convoluted. Not sure I'd bother watching it again but I guess I will go ahead with the sequel.

Beer League - 3/5
Typical immature comedy but it was pretty funny. Been wanting to see this for a long time because I listened to Artie Lange on Howard Stern for a long time. Cara Buono was adorable for a herpes-infected skank.

Smokin' Aces - 3/5
Entertaining in the most superficial of ways...Acting was pretty good and lots of action but the story was pretty convoluted. Not sure I'd bother watching it again but I guess I will go ahead with the sequel.

Smokin' Aces 2 - 2/5
Big fat "meh".

The Princess Bride - 5/5
Very funny and a great story.

This is probably my favourite movie ever. Except that I've seen it so many times that I now only ever watch it with people who have never seen it before. And then they get mad at me for quoting EVERY line with the movie.

Robocop - 1.5/5
This is one of those movies I feel dumb for having never seen. I wish I wouldn't have bothered watching it. The acting is terrible - some of the worst I've ever seen in any movie. The effects are good (for 1987) but I have no idea why people love this movie so much.

Black Dynamite - 5/5
I've seen it already but wanted to watch it again because it's one of my favorite movies and one of the funnies movies I've ever seen.

"Who saw that coming - I mean - who saw where that came from?"

Robocop is awesome!

I didn't like the first Smokin' Aces. I can't imagine how bad the sequel is.

Robocop - 1.5/5
This is one of those movies I feel dumb for having never seen. I wish I wouldn't have bothered watching it. The acting is terrible - some of the worst I've ever seen in any movie. The effects are good (for 1987) but I have no idea why people love this movie so much.

80s social satire and amazing over-the-top violence. It's an 80s Black Dynamite! "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!"

Planet-man said:
80s social satire

...too poorly executed to be given credit for it in any way...

Planet-man said:
and amazing over-the-top violence.

Yeah, that was pretty well done, too.

Latest posts

Back