Namor's ankle wings

DIrishB said:
Ding!! Sounds like we might be onto something...though not sure how much I like the idea. Depends on how it turns out.

And there's your connection to Attilan and Atlantis. Attilan has Gorgon/Medusa/Tri-Clops/Triton (All from Greek Mythology), and Namor is remeniscient of Hermes, the Messenger God og the Greek Pantheon. The more I think about, the less miffed I am about Namor having ankle wings. At least the serve a purpose, unlike Cap and Thor's wings.

Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Hermes was the weakest of all the Olympus gods. I would really hate for this connection. Namor should be badass and tough as nails. Hermes... cmon guys.

Good connection and could easily be done but I don't want to see it. Namor shouldn't have wings to begin with.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hermes was the weakest of all the Olympus gods. I would really hate for this connection. Namor should be badass and tough as nails. Hermes... cmon guys.

Good connection and could easily be done but I don't want to see it. Namor shouldn't have wings to begin with.

Maybe he's the love child of Hermes and Posideon? :lol: Seriosuly, though, maybe the myths were wrong. If Medusa doesn't turn the FF into stone right away, maybe Namor was the ambassador between Attilan and Atlantis. Obviously, the myth about the name is wrong (If this is the connection), so why couldn't his strength be a misconception?

Hawkeye101 said:
um, that's where the original Namor got the wings, the idea at least.
Sorry man, but the wings where originaly fins...... way back in 1939, when Namor was first created..... and I believe the original reason he could fly was because of real life, prehistoric, fish fossels that had wings, leading some people to believe that these certain fish could fly from one body of water to another........ I'm sure it all seemed like a good idea at the time

TheManWithoutFear said:

No, Hebe was the weakest of the gods. She was so weak that they had to make her the cup-bearer of the gods and when Hercules came to Olympus they forced the two to marry because she needed somone strong to defend her.

Af for the Hermes connection, Hermes was a "harlot". There were many brothels deticated to him all throughout Greece. So maybe he got frisky with the Atlantean princess or something

Last edited:
Hawkeye101 said:
No, Hebe was the weakest of the gods. She was so weak that they had to make her the cup-bearer of the gods and when Hercules came to Olympus they forced the two to marry because she needed somone strong to defend her.

Hebe was not one of the 12 major gods of Olympus. Which is what I was referring too.

And if they're going to make this a running theme with Medusa, who was a Gorgon wasn't she? And now possibly Hermes I want to see a reference to Thor made along with how these gods of mythology are real and not fake...er wait upcoming arcs President Thor? hmm....

TheManWithoutFear said:
...er wait upcoming arcs President Thor? hmm....

Big, hairy, muscley Thor. Mmmmm....

...what?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hebe was not one of the 12 major gods of Olympus. Which is what I was referring too.

And if they're going to make this a running theme with Medusa, who was a Gorgon wasn't she? And now possibly Hermes I want to see a reference to Thor made along with how these gods of mythology are real and not fake...er wait upcoming arcs President Thor? hmm....

Answered your own question, didn't you? :lol: I don't think they're gods, per se, but they are so far evoloved that they were worshiped as gods and in the case of Thor and Loki. . .they believed it. And good catch on the Gorgon thing, I forgot the details of that story until just now. Perseus slayed her, as she was the only one of three Gorgons that was not immortal. Obviously it didn't happen this way in the Ultimate Universe, but we have three sisters, right? Medusa, Gorgon and Crystal.

And a side note about the President Thor arc. It has to take place after Ultimates 2, right? I suppose it could take place before Ultimates 2, but it wouldn't make much sense. WOOT FOR THOR'S RETURN!

I love UFF right now. It's probably the best Ultimate book out there next to Ultimates.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:

Hestia was weaker than Hermes. And she was a sister of Zeus. She gave up her chair, for pete's sake! To Dionysus! Who, now that I think of it, was also weaker than Hermes.

One of the most widely accepted theories on Namor's wings is that the human half of his DNA is homo-superior, meaning he's a mutant/Atlantean hybrid. Of course, it's still up in the air.

iceman said:
Hestia was weaker than Hermes. And she was a sister of Zeus. She gave up her chair, for pete's sake! To Dionysus! Who, now that I think of it, was also weaker than Hermes.
Easy! How am I (or any of us) to even know who the strongest of the gods were. I meant physical appearance Hermes looks like a fairy.

See, this whole Greek reference should include Hercules and he and Thor should have a show down, the whole Olympus vs. Asguard thing would be awesome.

Hawkeye101 said:
See, this whole Greek reference should include Hercules and he and Thor should have a show down, the whole Olympus vs. Asguard thing would be awesome.

Why are you so focused on these showdowns? This is like the 8th one you've mentioned today alone. Not saying it wouldn't be interesting, but my God, what about the actual story?

DIrishB said:
Why are you so focused on these showdowns? This is like the 8th one you've mentioned today alone. Not saying it wouldn't be interesting, but my God, what about the actual story?

By golly, you're right. Omega Red vs. Deadpool. Blade vs Deadpool, Doom vs Magneto, Thor vs Hercules, am i missing any?

Anyway, they would be cool though, wouldn't they, I mean when I'm not so frickin' tired and hyped up on my Deadpool, I'd come up with a decent plot. I mean I do it all the time. I love writing.

Hawkeye101 said:
By golly, you're right. Omega Red vs. Deadpool. Blade vs Deadpool, Doom vs Magneto, Thor vs Hercules, am i missing any?

Anyway, they would be cool though, wouldn't they, I mean when I'm not so frickin' tired and hyped up on my Deadpool, I'd come up with a decent plot. I mean I do it all the time. I love writing.

Thats cool, thats all I'm saying. Don't just have them fight for the sake of fighting, come up with ideas to show WHY they're fighting, their reasons for doing so. And make those reasons valid instead of just contrived. Then you'll be onto something. Like I said, some of your ideas have been on par with Doc's, just need to put a bit of thought into it is all. And not focus solely on who should be fighting each other and the only reason being because "it would be cool".

DIrishB said:
Thats cool, thats all I'm saying. Don't just have them fight for the sake of fighting, come up with ideas to show WHY they're fighting, their reasons for doing so. And make those reasons valid instead of just contrived. Then you'll be onto something. Like I said, some of your ideas have been on par with Doc's, just need to put a bit of thought into it is all. And not focus solely on who should be fighting each other and the only reason being because "it would be cool".

But look me square in the eye and tell me that Latveria and Genosha head on in a WWIII like setting wouldn't be cool.

Latest posts

Back