Namor's ankle wings

DIrishB said:
I agree, if he flies at all. Personally I'd rather see him not be able to fly, just because, as I've said, it doesn't make sense for a being who is descended from a race of people who grew up in the ocean.
I don't think Namor should fly either, don't really have a reason, just think it shouldn't be done.

Pandrio said:
Why not? :lol:
Cuz flying is cool. Theres nothing wrong with keeping him a mutant. Where's the problem there? He already has his "weakness" to his character with the whole having to be on land half of the time and the other in water.

So I hope Millar keeps him that way. He doesnt need the ankle wings to fly. He can just fly without them.

Wait, do you mean, fly like let's say Superman, because that would suck. I guess if you mean however he flew in 616, didn't read much Namor, it might be OK.

No, NAMOR FLYING WOULD SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I always thought it was idiotic for the king of the sea to be able to fly.

UltimateE said:
I always thought it was idiotic for the king of the sea to be able to fly.

Thats what I've been saying this entire thread.

icemastertron said:
Why? What's so bad about it?

Cuz he's from the ocean. Not that everything needs to be compartmentalized, but something like that just doesn't work well. His mutant power should have been the ability to control water (like Hydroman can in a way) as opposed to flying.

icemastertron said:
Why? What's so bad about it?

Why would a man who lives underwater need to fly?

icemastertron said:
Because he also lives above water,

Not in the sky though.

icemastertron said:
and his father passed the mutant gene to him, which gave him flight.

I know what makes him fly. But that doesn't answer my question of WHY or what is the use.

DIrishB said:
Thats what I've been saying this entire thread.

Cuz he's from the ocean. Not that everything needs to be compartmentalized, but something like that just doesn't work well. His mutant power should have been the ability to control water (like Hydroman can in a way) as opposed to flying.

Acctually I'd trade in his flying for water abilities. And only trade in the flying abilities for that.

Hawkeye101 said:
Acctually I'd trade in his flying for water abilities. And only trade in the flying abilities for that.

Thats what I'm talking about! He should be able to make forms out of water to use in battle, or flood the land...oh wait, can't he already do that considering that was the ploy he used to use to try to take over the cities of man back when he was a villain during the 1940's? Sorry, I wasn't born until 40 years later so I'm a bit ignorant on that, plus I'm just generally ignorant on a lot of 616 stuff as is.

DIrishB said:
Thats what I'm talking about! He should be able to make forms out of water to use in battle, or flood the land...oh wait, can't he already do that considering that was the ploy he used to use to try to take over the cities of man back when he was a villain during the 1940's? Sorry, I wasn't born until 40 years later so I'm a bit ignorant on that, plus I'm just generally ignorant on a lot of 616 stuff as is.

Still, if he can't have that, he should keep his flight.

according to the cover for uff in decemeber, namor's got his ankle wings BOOYAH!!! me loves the flying namor. i just basically love old 616 namor...so i'm hoping to love uu namor

Latest posts

Back