Avengers New Avengers by Bendis & Immonen [spoilers]

detail.jpg

*facepalm*

How ****ing long can the oral history of the Avengers possibly be?

Chaykin! :arrgh: :arrgh: :arrgh: :arrgh: :arrgh:

I know it`s cheap fanboy bait but

detail.jpg

:drooling: I gotta go clean myself off...

Honestly with all the predictable match-ups being advertised this is the most intriguing thing I`ve seen in regards to Avs.X.

As much as I'm not enjoying Avengers vs. X-Men and find the number of cross-overs pretty ridiculous, I am really digging the New Avengers thing going on right now with Iron Fist and Da Vinci. It's different and good.

...and the way they used Spider-Man in #27 was pretty good. Kind of jarring to see a Bendis comic that genuinely poignant.

Also, #27 did more to add character to Hope than any other AvX comic I've seen yet.

#28 is a perfect crossover issue. It's tied in to the main AvX story but nothing in it is crucial to the main story, and there's no reason to reference it in the main story.

...and the way they used Spider-Man in #27 was pretty good. Kind of jarring to see a Bendis comic that genuinely poignant.

Also, #27 did more to add character to Hope than any other AvX comic I've seen yet.

Yeah, I felt the same way. This and the next issue of AVX where Spidey faced off against Phoenix Colossus and Magik were the best parts of the whole event.

On an unrelated note... The Wonder Man story from the New Avengers and Avengers Annuals were flashback stories from before Fear Itself? They happen before he rejoins the team in the last arc of Avengers (vol 4)?

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. They came out around the same time as fear itself but weren't collected until the final tpbs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back