Avengers New Avengers: Civil War discussion (#21-26; spoilers)

MaxwellSmart said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this issue made Tony look like a jackass?

Tony has been made to look like a jackass in just about every book he's been in since Civil War #1.

MaxwellSmart said:
But Tony volunteered the info. He could have had some team loyalty, but he didn't.

I think we have an answer to Spidey's question of whether or not Tony would turn on him if he didn't register.

But, if he keeps any secrets from her, it'll just come back to bite him. He doesn't want to be a hypocrite. That and he figures he has nothing to lose with all this drama going on. He doesn't care about friends, he just wants to save his ***.

E said:
Tony has been made to look like a jackass in just about every book he's been in since Civil War #1.
Up until this I thought Tony came across as someone who just had a difference of opinion. Now he doesn't care what bridges he burns as long as he kills this resistance.

I never really was interested in Spider-Woman.

But this issue was very well done. Copiel art was pretty good and not awkward like I found it in the past.

Everything was good in this book. I felt really bad for Jessica.

Best issue of the arc yet.

Last edited:
Who else was waiting for Tony to say to Jessica, "Where are your rebel friends now?" when they were on the Hellicarrier.

thee great one said:
I never really was interested in Spider-Woman.

But this issue was very well done. Copiel art was pretty good and not awkward like I found it in the past.

Everything was good in this book. I felt really bad for Jessica.

Best issue of the arc yet.

I think Bendis has done a good job with Drews... if anything you have to appreciate the fact that this wasn't a Carol Danvers story. She sucks. But no, this was not the best of the arc. clearly Luke Cage's issue was standout.

MaxwellSmart said:
Who else was waiting for Tony to say to Jessica, "Where are your rebel friends now?" when they were on the Hellicarrier.

Haha that would have been great.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Bendis has done a good job with Drews... if anything you have to appreciate the fact that this wasn't a Carol Danvers story. She sucks. But no, this was not the best of the arc. clearly Luke Cage's issue was standout.

Yeah, as much as I love Drew, Luke's issue was just sweetness unheard. I love the old man popping caps on SHIELD. Makes you think about the people. How some welcome the registration and how others think it's a bad idea. I think it shows perfectly how not everything in the public is one-sided. That there's regular people that disagree with the registration because you're taking away the people who make their neighborhoods better.

Hibiki said:
Yeah, as much as I love Drew, Luke's issue was just sweetness unheard. I love the old man popping caps on SHIELD. Makes you think about the people. How some welcome the registration and how others think it's a bad idea. I think it shows perfectly how not everything in the public is one-sided. That there's regular people that disagree with the registration because you're taking away the people who make their neighborhoods better.
Or society is made up of psychos who would either beat the crap out of a hero who have saved the world hundreds of times and those who shoot at law enforcement. Could someone spoil this issue for me?

Last edited:
Basically it opens with Jessica being interrogated by Hill and Tony. Tony comes out and tells her than he and Hill know about her involvement with Hydra.

Tony tells her with such blatant disregard that its pretty jarring. She tells Hill and Tony to piss off.

All of a sudden Hydra Agents bust into the helicarrier and break Jessica out. When she wakes up, she's on a Hydra island. They tell her they know all about her arrangement with SHIELD, etc. They offer her amnesty and give her a chance to join them once and for all. She responds by blowing up their base/island.

We see her confiding the whole story to Capt America begging him to let her join him because she doesn't have anywhere to go.

A really good issue.

Random said:
Or society is made up of psychos who would either beat the crap out of a hero who have saved the world hundreds of times and those who shoot at law enforcement. Could someone spoil this issue for me?
Drew is hiding from SHIELD. SHIELD ambuishes her and brings her back to the Hellicarrier. HYDRA rescues her and brings her to their secret island. This guy propositions her to take usurpe Madam HYDRA, and they would run the origanization together. She beats him up, blows up the island, and takes off in a boat. She shows up at one of Fury's safe houses, finds Cap and pleads with him that she has nowhere to go.

What is going on with New Avengers #24? I had it down as coming out this week, but according to the posted lists, it's not.

ETA: Nevermind - found it. Delayed to 10/11.

When the hell is #24 supposed to come out. I thought all solicits were for the 10th but nobody seems to have it. And this stupid annoying new kid is looking at the list that came out before Civil War started and saying, " Oh...well deedeedee, it was supposed to come out on the 24th of September so you might have missed out. "

What an idiot. he's such an idiot.

When the hell is #24 supposed to come out. I thought all solicits were for the 10th but nobody seems to have it. And this stupid annoying new kid is looking at the list that came out before Civil War started and saying, " Oh...well deedeedee, it was supposed to come out on the 24th of September so you might have missed out. "

What an idiot. he's such an idiot.
It has been delayed to 10-25-2006 http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=5096

Latest posts

Back