Avengers New Avengers: Secret Invasion discussion (#38-47; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers: Secret Invasion discussion (#38+; spoilers)

The probably with this, while 40 was a very good issue, is that is was too important to the main story.

And it's a tie-in. This should of been somewhere in the main chunk of story.

Mighty Avengers might be the same.

Why would Spider-Woman do the most damage?

I'm also sick of New Avengers becoming nothing but a tie-in book.

Because both avengers teams are on the main Mini so there's really nothing they could do about it.

Because both avengers teams are on the main Mini so there's really nothing they could do about it.

or now this is just an idea, with some careful adjustments

do the savage land part in New Avengers and Mighty, because NA#40 coulda have easily been in the main mini, the Nick Fury stuff could easily be in the main mini

making the main mini about the Avengers, and making the avengers books about the Marvel Universe just seems a little ***-backwards

or now this is just an idea, with some careful adjustments

do the savage land part in New Avengers and Mighty, because NA#40 coulda have easily been in the main mini, the Nick Fury stuff could easily be in the main mini

making the main mini about the Avengers, and making the avengers books about the Marvel Universe just seems a little ***-backwards

Not really, remember SI was originally was gonna be in MA and NA.When it became a major crossover they needed to do something with the avengers books and here we are.

Quite frankly i love the story about the Skrulls point of view and MA being on what Nick is up to.

That's IMO though.

So, if i read this right, the Skrulls are now able to shape shift at a genetic level, duplicating another being entirely (as opposed to the more superficial way they used to?), and that's why they smell the same, and are...mystically the same, etc.

So, they are essentially clones. Skrull clones.

Wait for it.....

SCONES.

To make sure they smell the same, etc., they have to stay in the human form and persona for a certain amount of time so then the full effect is completed.

To make sure they smell the same, etc., they have to stay in the human form and persona for a certain amount of time so then the full effect is completed.

Convoluted. Blech.

Captain Marvel is a skrull that when he founds out he is, doesn't care because his memories still say he is Captain Marvel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myspace Cup O' Joe:

Wonder Doug asks, "Hello Joe, I was wondering since Quicksilver started on the road to redemption in X-Factor: Quick and the Dead, can the Scarlet Witch be too far behind? Us Scarlet Witch fans have had a rough couple of years. Or can you possibly let us know when she'll be seen next?

Thanks in advance if you answer this."

JQ: Can't tell you when just yet, but I can tell you who: Allan Heinberg.

(Wanda also plays a role in New Avengers 45...)

That's right, I just laid down some more exclusive happiness on ya!

Last edited:

Ka-Zar and Shanna are cool.

#41 was good. Another one of those "behind the scenes" issues that shows that Ka-Zar and Shanna were there in issue #6 when SHIELD bombed the New Avengers in the Savage Land.

The art was really good, and so was the coloring. The colors were bright and vibrant. I am not even sure what it is about the art that I like but it just looked good.

OBVIOUSLY the Cap at the end is a Skrull but it doesn't seem like he knows it. Hmm.

#41 was good. Another one of those "behind the scenes" issues that shows that Ka-Zar and Shanna were there in issue #6 when SHIELD bombed the New Avengers in the Savage Land.

The art was really good, and so was the coloring. The colors were bright and vibrant. I am not even sure what it is about the art that I like but it just looked good.

OBVIOUSLY the Cap at the end is a Skrull but it doesn't seem like he knows it. Hmm.
I agree. It was a good issue and paranoid Spider-Man was nicely done. Skrull-zar. I love it!

#42 preview

According to this issue, Fury has only been missing for a few months, and Spider-Woman (the real one) has also been missing for a few months, around the same time or so as Fury.

The preview has the same seen that I believe was in the Spider-Woman two part arc back in NA #14-15, with Fury and her on the bridge. I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Fury was missing for at least over a year or so. Bendis sure loves time gaps being "a few months."

Secret War, Civil War, and World War Hulk all took place within a couple of months. :roll:

Last edited:

All of this back and forth time **** is so confusing. I don't even know what I'm supposed to think anymore. Too many twists.

And Cheung's Spider-Woman has massive breasts.

Latest posts

Back