New Captain Marvel series (July 2012)

I thought she looked bad ass in a domino mask. Also, I was thinking this was a way to reinvent Binary. If her and Rogue were to meet up in Avengers x X-men, it would only seem fitting.

Sidebar, if only these artists would take a cue from female mma fighters, one can still look sexy and be practical in battle.

Ronda Rousey for example.
StrikeforceRondaRousey2.jpg

[video=youtube;nl1yrrUOWnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1yrrUOWnw[/video]

mmmm Ronda Rousey. <3

Last edited:
I thought she looked bad ass in a domino mask. Also, I was thinking this was a way to reinvent Binary. If her and Rogue were to meet up in Avengers x X-men, it would only seem fitting.

Sidebar, if only these artists would take a cue from female mma fighters, one can still look sexy and be practical in battle.

Ronda Rousey for example.
StrikeforceRondaRousey2.jpg

[video=youtube;nl1yrrUOWnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1yrrUOWnw[/video]

Ew...

From Marvel's Next Big Thing panel, currently going:

"DeConnick on Captain Marvel: Her pitch was "Carol Danvers as Chuck Yeager," and she's trying to get the character back to her "iconoclastic roots."

"She's incredibly awesome, and if it flies, she can fly it," DeConnick says. "I'm super-excited about it. I just turned in issue #2, and we are introducing in issue #2 the female equivalent of the Howling Commandos — the Banshee Squadron."

Singh compares the Captain Marvel series to Daredevil, a launch that people might risk overlooking but he predicts big things for.
"

EDIT:

"Will Carol Danvers' rivalry with Mystique be rekindled? Not immediately, DeConnick says, while expressing love for the character."

I was not aware there was a rivalry between them. Interesting.

Last edited:
They're probably just making it up. I'd be more convinced of a rivalry between her and she-hulk, or even better, Rogue.

Her first appearance was in the 70s Ms. Marvel series, so they're likely alluding to that and any possible later meetings.

Last edited:
They're probably just making it up. I'd be more convinced of a rivalry between her and she-hulk, or even better, Rogue.

Her first appearance was in the 70s Ms. Marvel series, so they're likely alluding to that and any possible later meetings.

well her rivalry with Rogue started when Mystique sent Rogue after her, which happened in the 70s when Mystique first appeared. So maybe that's what they're talking about.

J. Agamemnon said:

Actually, she is right.

Mystique started out as a Ms.Marvel villain, in fact, she was her arch nemesis. Hell, Mystique killed her boyfriend.

Rogue also was a Ms.Marvel villain(That was back when she was still with Mystique) and she and Carol still don't get along to this day.

So yes, Mystique and Carol do have history, she even went back to antagonize Carol at the end her last series.

They aren't making it up.

Last edited:
It's fun - nothing spectacular or even really that memorable at this point, but it's a fun book and I'm enjoying it too.

Latest posts

Back