New Iron Man cartoon

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Sorry if this has been discussed but :

kungfurodeo.com said:
Lucas of Butterboom fame sent me this scan from a UK licensing mag featuring all of Marvel's big guns for the coming year, including a panel promoting an Iron Man cartoon…that I haven't heard anything about. It makes sense that they'd have one in development, what with the live action feature building such an insane amount of buzz, but I don't remember reading anything about it, and I definitely hadn't seen any artwork from it before now.

Full ad available for your viewing pleasure (including a possibly new Wolverine and the X-Men image?) by clicking on the Iron Man pic to the right.

Here is the picture

That is a badass Iron Man. Like a sleeker version of the movie armor.

Last edited:
He looks like a smiley face.

:
He always looks like that to me.

But man.... a New Spider man cartoon,X-men and Iron Man?

Wonder if we'll get a hulk toon too.

Last edited:
:
He always looks like that to me.

But man.... a New Spider man cartoon,X-men and Iron Man?

Wonder if we'll get a hulk toon too.

Maybe.

I wonder if this will be spun off the Iron Man dvd animated movie or all new as animated movie is still pretty new

I don't know if ol' Shellhead has a cool enough rogues gallery to fit in the cartoon. He's got the Mandarin and Obadiah Stane, and a couple others, but they're not really "colorful" enough for a Saturday morning kids cartoon.

I don't know if ol' Shellhead has a cool enough rogues gallery to fit in the cartoon. He's got the Mandarin and Obadiah Stane, and a couple others, but they're not really "colorful" enough for a Saturday morning kids cartoon.

He did have a cartoon in the 90's and it did ok

I really don't think this is going to be good at all.

I think Iron Man the movie is going to be awesome. Something tells me not so much on Saturday morning.

This was mentioned a while ago that was going to be in production, but I don't think we actually had a thread on it.

I think the X-Men cartoon'll be the best out of all of these. But I could be wrong.

I really don't think this is going to be good at all.

I think Iron Man the movie is going to be awesome. Something tells me not so much on Saturday morning.

I'm in '' wait and see'' mode.....it could be kickass

I really think Iron Man only works well on teams.

As an individual character he doesn't have enough going for him. I do think the movie will be awesome though. It really just takes a lot more to develop a character like Iron Man. As apposed to Spiderman or Wolverine, where an audience quickly understands the character. I really think this is why stand alone character movies haven't been as popular in general.

I think the X-Men cartoon'll be the best out of all of these. But I could be wrong.
I agree
I really think Iron Man only works well on teams.

As an individual character he doesn't have enough going for him. I do think the movie will be awesome though. It really just takes a lot more to develop a character like Iron Man. As apposed to Spiderman or Wolverine, where an audience quickly understands the character. I really think this is why stand alone character movies haven't been as popular in general.
This is right, Iron man does not have that much to him to have a solo cartoon, in my opinion

You know, after seeing the trailer for that god-awful looking new Iron Man animated series i cant help but think that the people in charge of those things at Marvel are complete ****in idiots. I thought about writing an e mail to investor relations today about it as id love to know how the hell they do their market research.

At Wal-Mart there's a two-pack with the Iron Man movie and a sneak preview for this show. I didn't buy it since I already have the Iron Man DVD, and the sneak peek isn't sold separately.

But anyways. This show is called Iron Man: Armored Adventures. This is the ****tiest name ever. But it gets better:
Wiki said:
17 year old Tony Stark nearly loses his life and his father in a fatal plane crash one day at the time when Howard Stark refuses Obadiah Stane's Earth Mover Project. Building a device that keeps him alive, then 3 years later Tony Stark then builds a high-tech armor and becomes Iron Man. With the help of Jim Rhodes, Happy Hogan, and Pepper Potts, Iron Man fights the enemies of World Peace ranging from Mandarin, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, Madame Masque, Blizzard, Living Laser, The Controller and Whiplash.

Okay, so Tony's not even at drinking age yet. He's 20 years old in the series. He looks like a teenager in the trailer for this....he really looks like Peter Parker. Pepper Potts is a teenager as well (she wears a schoolgirl uniform). Too young to even be Tony's secretary. She actually looks like Mary Jane Watson come to think about it. And it looks like Howard Stark is the head of Stark Enterprises until his death early in the series (probably in the pilot). Rhodey looks like he's still in freaking high school. Even though it appears that this Tony is a snob as a result of his wealthy upbringing, he's far from the Howard Hughes playboy type guy. Mandarin looks like a freaking robot. He's like Darth Vader but with more of the samurai-like stylings. And Iron Man's origin is apparently that Tony's plane crashed, killing his dad and leaving Tony with injuries that lead him to make the suit.

So apparently we've got the adventures of Iron Boy. It reminds me of Iron Man 2020. The animation looks beautiful in terms of Stark's technology and stuff, but the characters look....meh. I think the creators of the show have taken a cue from anime and stuff; the suits remind me of mecha and whatnot. When it shows Tony inside the suit it's like Gundam.

Again, I know that this is a kid's cartoon, but making Tony a little whipper-snapper who's just out of high school age is taking away one of the fundamental characteristics of Iron Man....he's supposed to be a flawed playboy in like, his mid-to-late 20s, or as I see Downey Jr.'s version, early-to-mid-thirties....just because it's a kid's cartoon, doesn't mean he has to be a kid. The kids that are watching this saw Iron Man in theaters. That's why they're watching this. They've seen a wild, partyboy arms manufacturer who downs scotch and has one-night stands and turns his jet into an airborne club with go-go dancing stewardesses. I'm not saying that you should include that in the show, but don't tone it down so much that he hasn't even grown facial hair yet (in the trailer he is seen with a backpack in a hall with lockers; I realize that most males have facial hair by the time they are 17, but the animators have explicitly left his face un-moustached in order to show that he isn't as old as the Tony Stark we're familiar with). You don't have to show the extent of Tony's partyboy lifestyle, but seriously....Not even the 1990s Iron Man cartoon was toned down this much, and even the 2007 direct-to-DVD cartoon Invincible Iron Man has a much more matured Tony than this, complete with facial hair). It doesn't sound like this Tony's balls have even dropped yet. He looks like 15-year-old Ultimate Peter Parker in an Iron Man suit. The show's going to be on Nicktoons.

[youtube]yr0AAqRxwBQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
Well, clearly I am the only person on this site watching this one.I kind of find this show to my liking...

Firstly and most importantly it has a better theme song than Spectacular Spider-Man (thank god).
I like the cell-shaded graphics too (XIII and Ultimate Spider-Man Game).And they have some nice designs for villains.Cool uber-high-tech suits for even the lamest of villains.Tony gets to invent something new, or create a new suit do beat the villains.It's kind of exciting to see the new villain-suits and the Tony suits.

All main characters are stuck in the same classroom.That's completely been-done-before but not this way.The Mandarin goes to the same class with Iron Man!That sucks.

Tony drinks milkshakes instead of unbelievable amounts of alcohol, and apperreantly Pepper Potts is the only female character that hangs around (say goodbye to the playboy mood).By the way Pepper talks way too fast and way too much.Whoever it is that gives her voice should have played Deadpool on X-Men Origins, she talks that much!

Anyways, it is not the best thing around.But it's a nice time-waster on these uber-hot summer days coming...

Latest posts

Back