New Super Mario Bros. Wii

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
We don't have a thread for this as most of the talk was in E3 thread. However E3 is gone and there new news I decided we needed one.

First Videos :
E3 conference

Trailer

Developer Walkthrough

Pics:

E3 hands on

Now the new news :
GC 2009: New Super Mario Bros. Hands-on

Nintendo of Europe brought the E3 2009 build of New Super Mario Bros. (Wii) to GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. Even so, I went hands-on with the 10-level demo of the game, played both as Mario and Luigi, tried on their various power-ups, shook the Wii remote when necessary to perform certain specials, and walked away wholeheartedly entertained -- again -- by the Big N's straightforward, but addictive platformer. The more time I spend with the game, the more I enjoy it, even if it doesn't exactly evolve the genre in any tangible way.

More here

Last edited:
I can't wait for this. November!!

Me either this is the game i'm currently most hyped for. Co-op , Old style Mario? I've been wanting this for years. It's going to kick ***

I bought a DS just for New Super Mario Bros.

I will buy this.

ANd I will wreck house. Is it online co-op?

Is it online co-op?

No. They said at one point (I think E3) No online as they've put so much in it they can't fit online. (unlikely to actually be true as most games don't fill the disc but if they are telling the truth, awesome!)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Hands-on
Finally! A bit of playtime with the single player component! Check out some new tidbits in our write-up.

US, October 7, 2009 - Nintendo of America is ramping up the release of New Super Mario Bros. Wii for its November 15th release date, and earlier today I had the opportunity to swing by the company's office to toy around with a near final version of the game

read the hands-on here
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/103/1032770p1.html

I got mine on Sunday, I love it sooo much. It's like Super Mario World and Super Mario 3 had a very fun and adorable baby.

I had mine preordered and it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait.

So far I have on complaint. I really wish you had the option of using motions or button combination presses for the spin jump. I can't get the hang of the upswing to spin and I die because of it. Up+B would work so much better for me.

Played with 3 of my friends for about two hours today. It is so much fun to **** with people and kill them in multiplayer. I love picking up people and throwing them into random enemies or obstacles.

Yeah some of the controls are wonky. But I do like that you only have to use the Wii remote and not the nunchuck or anything else.

I also don't like the screen orientation. It's not 16:9 so it doesn't fit properly on a widescreen TV.

It's fun. I played it last night - my son and I played the entire first world. It's pretty much Super Mario 3 updated for the Wii.

Yeah some of the controls are wonky. But I do like that you only have to use the Wii remote and not the nunchuck or anything else.

I also don't like the screen orientation. It's not 16:9 so it doesn't fit properly on a widescreen TV.

It's fun. I played it last night - my son and I played the entire first world. It's pretty much Super Mario 3 updated for the Wii.

You sure your Wii is set properly for widescreen?

I remember I had to change Wii settings for it.

Did you ever play the DS one?

You sure your Wii is set properly for widescreen?

I remember I had to change Wii settings for it.
I'm pretty sure that's how the game was made. Like in Mario Party 8, it's the same thing.

Latest posts

Back