new to ultimate X-men.

Victor Von Doom said:
You are now even deader to me. Too not read Ultimates is a crime. But this.......this......... :sick:

to want a bad character to become good so the ultimate unverse dosen't turn in to the 616 one with characters like The White Rabbit. whats wrong with that?

i know the character suck but move him to ultimate x-men build him up. give him a bigger back story ect would make him good and would improve his apeerance in Ulitmate Spider-man.

It's win win dude.

sjmole said:
to want a bad character to become good so the ultimate unverse dosen't turn in to the 616 one with characters like The White Rabbit. whats wrong with that?

i know the character suck but move him to ultimate x-men build him up. give him a bigger back story ect would make him good and would improve his apeerance in Ulitmate Spider-man.

It's win win dude.
Well maybe y6ou couldnt make a better character but there is a good story, where was he from again? If he's from Latveria that could add to the conspiracy that's been building for years

Random said:
Well maybe y6ou couldnt make a better character but there is a good story, where was he from again? If he's from Latveria that could add to the conspiracy that's been building for years

I agree dude.

E said:
I thought Millar's run was too over-the-top. Look at how Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man started - modernized origins, very much down-to-earth. UXM isn't like that. It starts off with Sentinels flying around killing mutants - too much.

I agree with that, and...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Kirkman's arc started as a filler arc and it reads like it, but once he gets his footing right, I imagine we'll be seeing some good reading right there.

...am hoping this is the case.

gemini-mk said:
no crazier then someone who tries to fight a mirror with a flashlight

how did you know what i was doing?

Victor Von Doom said:
To read anything in the UU and not have Ultimates on the list is just wrong.

If you wanna get into UXM---fine. But you NEED to be reading Ultimates.

Its true. It took me a while to get into the Ultimates. I was put off as I have never been a big Cap fan. Then I borrowed Superhuman from a friend and loved it, picked up Homeland Security (which I still think if one of the best books in the UU... its just so epic!) Then I was hooked. I even have grown to like Cap, which is no mean feat.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Its true. It took me a while to get into the Ultimates. I was put off as I have never been a big Cap fan. Then I borrowed Superhuman from a friend and loved it, picked up Homeland Security (which I still think if one of the best books in the UU... its just so epic!) Then I was hooked. I even have grown to like Cap, which is no mean feat.

ok after reading that i will buy ultimates 1 and 2 next week or two

sjmole said:
if i get another ultimate series it will most likely be ultimate team up first to get the whole ultimate spider-man story
No, you don't wanna do that. Choosing between Ultimates and UMTU is like choosing between a diamond and a turd. Now which do you want?

Last edited:
Don't worry...he'll get Ultimates. It's like required reading for this site. It's the best the universe has to offer.

And UMTU is full of continuty errors and proves, to me at least, that without Millar on UXM and Ultimates Bendis would have made the Ultimate Universe a kiddie universe...like Marvel Tales.

Millar gave the Universe a bite, and that bite has proven to sell.

I have ultimate x-men vol 1 + 2 , ultimates vol 1 and ultimate annuals 1. I've been a little too busy to read them yet but this morning i read ultimate x-men vol 1. OH MY GOD i'm so glad i desided to buy that series next. There was a few things in there i was not expecting

-wolverine sent to kill prof x

- magneto cripled prof x

Now if they were in 616 x-men i dont know did not read much of it.

plus prof x seems kind of darker than i thought he would be. e.g using his mind to basicly calm down cyclopse in sted of listening to him. Storm is more cocky and funny. All in I am verry pleased with ultimate x-men vol 1. I give it 5 out 5 which i rarely give for comics (only others i give 5 out 5 = ultimate spider-man vol 1)

I hope vol 2 turns out to be as good.

sjmole said:
I have ultimate x-men vol 1 + 2 , ultimates vol 1 and ultimate annuals 1. I've been a little too busy to read them yet but this morning i read ultimate x-men vol 1. OH MY GOD i'm so glad i desided to buy that series next. There was a few things in there i was not expecting

-wolverine sent to kill prof x

- magneto cripled prof x

Now if they were in 616 x-men i dont know did not read much of it.

plus prof x seems kind of darker than i thought he would be. e.g using his mind to basicly calm down cyclopse in sted of listening to him. Storm is more cocky and funny. All in I am verry pleased with ultimate x-men vol 1. I give it 5 out 5 which i rarely give for comics (only others i give 5 out 5 = ultimate spider-man vol 1)

I hope vol 2 turns out to be as good.

Believe me, the Weapon X arc (vol. 2) is one the best arcs of the title (IMHO).

You'll like it. You'll REALLY like it.

Ultimate Sam said:
Believe me, the Weapon X arc (vol. 2) is one the best arcs of the title (IMHO).

You'll like it. You'll REALLY like it.

cool i'll most likely read it tommorow. Sounds good

Ultimate Sam said:
But do it when you have time. Rush-reading ruins these things big time.

I dont rush read. I read the whole tpb in one sitting but not rushing i just like to read the whole story in one go.

sjmole said:
I dont rush read. I read the whole tpb in one sitting but not rushing i just like to read the whole story in one go.

True. I'm new (and I mean REALLY new) in the comic world (Marvel only), and I'm going crazy waiting months for an arc to be completed...

Ultimate Sam said:
True. I'm new (and I mean REALLY new) in the comic world (Marvel only), and I'm going crazy waiting months for an arc to be completed...

thats why i buy tbs. sure you have to wait longer but get the full story in a book and i'm not uptodate with any comic book series at the min. i wanted spider-man vol 15 but everytime i looked when in usa they had none left.

sjmole said:
i'm not in usa i'm in the uk. I was just in usa for a weeks holiday.

Then why are you complaining? I won't be able to go to USA in the near (or far) future... And I doubt they'll release the TBP's in south america... I'm depressed now...

Latest posts

Back