New UFF Cover#28 President Thor [SPOILERS]

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
225
Location
The JHB Hellmouth, RSA
Hiya! Anyone seen that new UFF cover!? Wack! Apparently, the FF are gonna meet Super Skrull (the ultimate one) during the "President Thor" storyline. That should be interesting.

Of course, having seen the image, I'm still wondering why he looks the way he does since the Chitauri were much more reptilian than he appeared. At least that's how I remember the dead and distorted one from The Ultimates vol.1 #9...or was it #10?
I dunno, of the stories Millar promised us, I've been looking forward to "President Thor" and "Frightful" the most. Could these be the stories that save his run from its current mediocrity? Well...it isn't THAT bad, but come ON!

Funny thing though, I read somewhere, on another MB somewhere, some guy going: "READ UFF#25!!! IT'S THE BEST STORY IN A COMIC I'VE EVER READ!!!"

Weird, huh?
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
1,748
Location
Tampa FL, Penguin Country
Nas-T! said:
Hiya! Anyone seen that new UFF cover!? Wack! Apparently, the FF are gonna meet Super Skrull (the ultimate one) during the "President Thor" storyline. That should be interesting.

Of course, having seen the image, I'm still wondering why he looks the way he does since the Chitauri were much more reptilian than he appeared. At least that's how I remember the dead and distorted one from The Ultimates vol.1 #9...or was it #10?
They're not the same, its a different timeline. Most likely this could be the UFF continuity problem fix, which I think will include UMTU #9 somehow.
 
Last edited:

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
225
Location
The JHB Hellmouth, RSA
Pandrio said:
They're not the same, its a different timeline. Most likely this could be the UFF continuity problem fix, which I think will include UMTU #9 somehow.
Thought of this myself, but how does an alteration to the timeline that makes Thor the president change the appearance of the Skrulls? That doesn't make sense. In fact, any alteration to Earth itself from its conception till now shouldn't really affect the appearance (evolution?) of the appearance of the Skrulls?

So, unless Millar says that this Skrull is DIFFERENT somehow...he's made a gaff, right? Well, I don't mean to jump the gun. It's just an assumption. Oh and, what's so "ultimate" about this Super Skrull? He looks EXACTLY like the regular one, except only one of his arms is rocky.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
I've always believed that the green space-elf form of Skrulls were going to show up at one point or another when the Ultimate Fantastic Four title debuted.

Meaing that Millar's statement that the Chitauri were 'meant to be' the Ultimate Skrulls doesn't really make it a fact set in stone, in my opinion, just as the editors claiming that the 'origin' of Ultimate Iron Man in UMTU is a cover story doesn't necessarily make it a fact unless they go out of their way to establish that in the comics.

Of course, there's that one line about the Chitauri being called 'Annakui' and 'Skrull', but its a single line that could easily be undone or explained away. 'Skrull' could just be catch-all Egyptian name for any shapeshifting extraterrestrial.

Also, its entirely possible that it's not reality that's being altered to create the Skrulls, and Asgardian presidents and all that crud, but rather, the UFF are jumping from one reality to another by accident. (Just a theory, of course.)
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
But it's a alternate reality. Why are people cryin' about it? It's not in the 'verse where Millar stated what was said above about the Chituar's...
 

Hyperstorm

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
45
Nas-T! said:
Thought of this myself, but how does an alteration to the timeline that makes Thor the president change the appearance of the Skrulls? That doesn't make sense. In fact, any alteration to Earth itself from its conception till now shouldn't really affect the appearance (evolution?) of the appearance of the Skrulls?

So, unless Millar says that this Skrull is DIFFERENT somehow...he's made a gaff, right? Well, I don't mean to jump the gun. It's just an assumption. Oh and, what's so "ultimate" about this Super Skrull? He looks EXACTLY like the regular one, except only one of his arms is rocky.

Actually the regular Super-Skrull is usually portrayed with one arm rocky and one on fire. The only difference I can see is that the Ultimate Super-Skrull seems to have pure black eyes while the regular one has golden eyes with pupils. I wonder if he'll have hypnosis?
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Millar is just trying to introduce classic 616 characters... However oddly they're appearing. In my opinion, he's compromising the quality of the Ultimte Universe, but that's just me.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
On principle I completely disagree. Part of the whole point of the ultimate universe is to reintroduce classic 616 characters.

The problem I have (and I assume, yours as well) is reintroducing classic 616 characters as carbon copies of their 616 counterparts. This is because it is a monumental waste as the reintroduced character has one story available to them "The First Meeting" story, after which, they are just like their 616 counterpart, thus wasting the opportunity to do something unique with the character.

So, I've no problem seeing 616 characters ultimised, I just have a problem when they're ultimised badly and uneccessarily.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Perhaps that's my problem.

Another problem might be the fact that Millar should be focusing on either Mole Man, Doom, or Sub-Mariner right now. Hell, even Annihulus, but he's neglecting to take care of them. I want to see some of those guys. We would've seen a second arc outta Green Goblin by now if this were a Spider-Man title...
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Goodwill said:
Hell, even Annihulus

Yeah! Maybe they can have an issue where everyone is crawling around on the ground picking up pieces of his head! :roll:
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Goodwill said:
Perhaps that's my problem.

Another problem might be the fact that Millar should be focusing on either Mole Man, Doom, or Sub-Mariner right now. Hell, even Annihulus, but he's neglecting to take care of them. I want to see some of those guys. We would've seen a second arc outta Green Goblin by now if this were a Spider-Man title...

Namor's getting his own mini. Not to mention, the CURRENT arc is about him. Both Mole man and Annihulus are presumed dead.

Oh, and Millar said Doom would appear in his run.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Lynx said:
Namor's getting his own mini. Not to mention, the CURRENT arc is about him. Both Mole man and Annihulus are presumed dead.

Oh, and Millar said Doom would appear in his run.

Mole Man's dead? I didn't get that impression at all.

As for Doom's appearance...

What we have left is this alternate future storyline and the rival school. I don't want to see Doom appear in either of those stories. Alternate Doom wouldn't even be the real one anyway so that would suck. And the rival school? What, is Doom gonna fund it or something? Please no.

I could see Victor appearing briefly in the former since Reed goes back to try and fix the problem.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
TheManWithoutFear said:
What we have left is this alternate future storyline and the rival school. I don't want to see Doom appear in either of those stories. Alternate Doom wouldn't even be the real one anyway so that would suck. And the rival school? What, is Doom gonna fund it or something? Please no.

I could see Victor appearing briefly in the former since Reed goes back to try and fix the problem.
I could see Doom running a Rival school. Not just funding it, but running it like a complete and total ***.

And as for the Skrull bit, if its in an alternate universe then having them look like 616 is fine. As long as they're not in the standard Ultimate Universe then I don't have any problem with it.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
UltimateE said:
Yeah! Maybe they can have an issue where everyone is crawling around on the ground picking up pieces of his head! :roll:

:lol:

Lynx said:
Namor's getting his own mini. Not to mention, the CURRENT arc is about him. Both Mole man and Annihulus are presumed dead.

Exactly...though at least in Mole Man's case its possible he could return.

Oh, and Millar said Doom would appear in his run.

I have a feeling Doom will be returning in the President Thor arc, as an alternate reality version of the character...I doubt he'll be in the Frightful arc as I'm pretty sure the Ultimate versions of the Frightful Four will be appearing, and them as just lackeys of Doom's would be overkill.
 

cmdrjanjalani

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
707
UltimateE said:
Yeah! Maybe they can have an issue where everyone is crawling around on the ground picking up pieces of his head! :roll:

The profile in the Handbook says that he's "apparently dead". A reply to a letter regarding Annihilus' death has the editor saying that Annihilus' anatomy is different from humans, so there's still a question if he can really be killed by getting his head blown off.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
cmdrjanjalani said:
The profile in the Handbook says that he's "apparently dead". A reply to a letter regarding Annihilus' death has the editor saying that Annihilus' anatomy is different from humans, so there's still a question if he can really be killed by getting his head blown off.

Figures...they always find a way to bring them back...if only they could always find a way to tell a worthwhile story, there'd be 25% less complaining by comic books fans (as the other 75% will still complain, even if life is perfect for them).
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
UltimateE said:
Yeah. :roll:

The Annihilus thing is the worst, as I don't care how different your anatomy is, when you're blown up its not going to matter.

As for Mole Man, its also completely unbelievable, as that was a pretty long drop, and the only way to really survive something like that would be to actually grab a ledge, which would probably just rip your arm out of the socket and cause you to continue your fall...you're certainly not going to climb back up with a dislocated shoulder, let alone Mole Man's fat ***. Or maybe he hits an underground lake or something...man, all the reasons are weak, least that I'm thinking of.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
1,748
Location
Tampa FL, Penguin Country
DIrishB said:
The Annihilus thing is the worst, as I don't care how different your anatomy is, when you're blown up its not going to matter.

As for Mole Man, its also completely unbelievable, as that was a pretty long drop, and the only way to really survive something like that would be to actually grab a ledge, which would probably just rip your arm out of the socket and cause you to continue your fall...you're certainly not going to climb back up with a dislocated shoulder, let alone Mole Man's fat ***. Or maybe he hits an underground lake or something...man, all the reasons are weak, least that I'm thinking of.
Yeah, but Mole Man coming back is more believable IMO.
 

Latest posts

Top