New UFF Cover#28 President Thor [SPOILERS]

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
cmdrjanjalani said:
The profile in the Handbook says that he's "apparently dead". A reply to a letter regarding Annihilus' death has the editor saying that Annihilus' anatomy is different from humans, so there's still a question if he can really be killed by getting his head blown off.
WTF?! He should be dead then. I don't care about any excuses on how to bring him back. It looked to me like he had a head with a brain in it and the same structure as a human. He's a goner. Decent Ultimization. Decent story. It's over.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
TheManWithoutFear said:
WTF?! He should be dead then. I don't care about any excuses on how to bring him back. It looked to me like he had a head with a brain in it and the same structure as a human. He's a goner. Decent Ultimization. Decent story. It's over.

You should know better...in comics, nothing is ever over. Even death is only temporary.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the best way to 'bring back' Nihil is to bring back other members of his species. Remember that 'nihil' is not his name, but the name of a caste, a social class that happens to be one of would-be conqueror-kings.

The Nihil that Reed and the gang knew is clearly dead, but the above fact means that encountering more megalomaniacal space-bats in the future is still a possibility.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
ourchair said:
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the best way to 'bring back' Nihil is to bring back other members of his species. Remember that 'nihil' is not his name, but the name of a caste, a social class that happens to be one of would-be conqueror-kings.

The Nihil that Reed and the gang knew is clearly dead, but the above fact means that encountering more megalomaniacal space-bats in the future is still a possibility.

Quite true. Still, its even possible in the comic reality that the blown up Nihil could return...call it a crazy alien healing factor or whatever. I do like your idea better, though.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
Quite true. Still, its even possible in the comic reality that the blown up Nihil could return...call it a crazy alien healing factor or whatever. I do like your idea better, though.
Oh, I certainly don't doubt that there's a comic book resurrection that's possible there. But my explanation was just to account for how far editorial is really willing to accept death or not.

In which case, Beast's return would be more difficult to get around WITHOUT resorting to comic book death rules --- regardless of whether you choose a deus ex machina salvation or a pseudoscientific babble.
 

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
Okay Annihulus talk isn't related, but I was gonna start a post where we could all just discuss anything and everything UFF in one post all at once instead of having to split off and having to revive three year old posts about Mole Man whenever we wanted to talk about him and (as DIrish puts it) fat ***!

So, could, like, Ice change the subjectline to "GENERAL UFF DISCUSSION [SPOILERS]" or something...please.

As for Annihulus being dead. Well, he was sorta kinda an insect-like alien (sort of) and his head (or helmet?) looked like some kind of technical additions to his person. And I figure that cockroaches can survive for days on end without their heads, so it is very possible that someone, an alien being with his biological or physical capabilities not fully explored in particular, can survive a shot with a "death ray" to the head.
Hell, do we even know if those "death rays" can disintegrate or harm people that badly? Maybe they administer the equivalent of a mild concussion or something (I don't have the issues at hand, so if they're shown blowing people into dusty chunks...well, then, that's that)? I dunno.

So if Nihil's head was somehow outsulated (made that word up in case you're all scanning dictionary.com) to protect itself from a close range projectile or blast of some kind, and/or his physiology allows him to survive without a head until he can either regenerate (like Jeeves!), rebuild or replace it, and/or the "death rays" don't have the capability to harm anyone that badly...or maybe just Nihil (because we don't really know how hardy he is in relation to other beings like humans or even his Jawa-esque pals). Those're just my thoughts.

As for "Mole Man"...well he could be anywhere right now, right? I mean, I don't understand the sentiments that people actually want him dead just because of the open-ended circumstances in which he appeared to perish. I mean, where was his big ugly prehistoric beast after Ben and Johnny kicked its rock hard *** area, hmmm? It slithered back down to Mole Man and, maybe, dug deeper than where he was located. It could then be possible that it saved him, if there was that level of intelligence or affection towards its "maker" or, rather, its reviver (is that a word?).
Also, the supposedly long drop (heehee:lol: ) that he took off that underground cliff didn't necessarily have to be that far down. It's supposed to be pitch black down there save for some candles made from Shrek's ear wax and the monitors and Johnny, right? So if that's the case then as soon as we see Moley Moley Mole Man vanish he could've hit solid ground in the dark again. Hell, he'd have a broken bone, but he's got a lotta cushion for any kind of Newton-based pushin...not to mention he's a doctor...and who knows what happens if he eats an Ani-Man!?:wink:

Yep...it's amazing how I feel I can discuss so much about these two "villains" when they've supposedly had less development than either Doom or Namor. btw, thought about Doom and he'll probably be in the "President Thor" arc as an alternate version of himself, perhaps one who is Mr Fantastic or something like that!

What I'm wondering is if Ben is really gonna get laid or not. I mean, Millar said it, but he could've meant it in some other way. Like, if the FF alter reality then maybe when they come back they're powerless, or Ben's in a different (better?) phase space and he can...um...do the deed as any normal man (guess that rules out DIrishB) could!

Later...******...swearing? ME!?
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
the Chitauri/skrulls are shape shifters... imagine if a whole subculture emmerged and separated from the original... do you honestly think that they'd keep the same form?

I dunno. I still kinda hope they're the same species.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Nas-T! said:
As for Annihulus being dead. Well, he was sorta kinda an insect-like alien (sort of) and his head (or helmet?) looked like some kind of technical additions to his person. And I figure that cockroaches can survive for days on end without their heads, so it is very possible that someone, an alien being with his biological or physical capabilities not fully explored in particular, can survive a shot with a "death ray" to the head.
Hell, do we even know if those "death rays" can disintegrate or harm people that badly? Maybe they administer the equivalent of a mild concussion or something (I don't have the issues at hand, so if they're shown blowing people into dusty chunks...well, then, that's that)? I dunno.

Very possible.

So if Nihil's head was somehow outsulated (made that word up in case you're all scanning dictionary.com) to protect itself from a close range projectile or blast of some kind, and/or his physiology allows him to survive without a head until he can either regenerate (like Jeeves!), rebuild or replace it, and/or the "death rays" don't have the capability to harm anyone that badly...or maybe just Nihil (because we don't really know how hardy he is in relation to other beings like humans or even his Jawa-esque pals). Those're just my thoughts.

Could happen!

As for "Mole Man"...well he could be anywhere right now, right? I mean, I don't understand the sentiments that people actually want him dead just because of the open-ended circumstances in which he appeared to perish. I mean, where was his big ugly prehistoric beast after Ben and Johnny kicked its rock hard *** area, hmmm? It slithered back down to Mole Man and, maybe, dug deeper than where he was located. It could then be possible that it saved him, if there was that level of intelligence or affection towards its "maker" or, rather, its reviver (is that a word?).
Also, the supposedly long drop (heehee:lol: ) that he took off that underground cliff didn't necessarily have to be that far down. It's supposed to be pitch black down there save for some candles made from Shrek's ear wax and the monitors and Johnny, right? So if that's the case then as soon as we see Moley Moley Mole Man vanish he could've hit solid ground in the dark again. Hell, he'd have a broken bone, but he's got a lotta cushion for any kind of Newton-based pushin...not to mention he's a doctor...and who knows what happens if he eats an Ani-Man!?:wink:

That makes sense, and seems the most likely explanation of survival for his imminent return at some point in the future.

Yep...it's amazing how I feel I can discuss so much about these two "villains" when they've supposedly had less development than either Doom or Namor. btw, thought about Doom and he'll probably be in the "President Thor" arc as an alternate version of himself, perhaps one who is Mr Fantastic or something like that!

Thats what I figured. I mentioned that in another post (not Doom as Mr. Fantastic), but Doom in the alternate reality and probably in some form of extensive power: maybe in that reality he's already taken over Latveria, or possibly all of Europe, and is some uber-dictator God-like character (reminiscent of Doom 2099...maybe Millar will take influence from Ellis' run on that title). And perhaps this is what firmly convinces Reed that Doom, in any reality, must be stopped...thereby cementing their arch-enemy status. Because really at this point Ultimate Doom is no greater an enemy or threat to the FF than Mole Man, Annihilus, the zombie Four, or Namor.

What I'm wondering is if Ben is really gonna get laid or not. I mean, Millar said it, but he could've meant it in some other way. Like, if the FF alter reality then maybe when they come back they're powerless, or Ben's in a different (better?) phase space and he can...um...do the deed as any normal man (guess that rules out DIrishB) could!

I'm not sure if that was a slight or a compliment, but thanks ahead of time if it was the latter, and phoo to you if it was the former. ;)

As for Ben getting some action, I'm actually looking forward to that for some strange reason...not in a perverted way as I'm sure Ourchair is entertaining, but just to see the dude as not so much of a permanent outcast...bring on the blind chick!
 

Shihad

Well-Known Member
Dr.Strangefate said:
the Chitauri/skrulls are shape shifters... imagine if a whole subculture emmerged and separated from the original... do you honestly think that they'd keep the same form?

I dunno. I still kinda hope they're the same species.


What i didn't understand was why the Chitauri had to consume the person to become like them.
so how is the Superskrull going to have the fantastic four powers (if it does?)
Will it be like norman osborn and have to inject himself with a serum?
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Shihad said:
What i didn't understand was why the Chitauri had to consume the person to become like them.
so how is the Superskrull going to have the fantastic four powers (if it does?)
Will it be like norman osborn and have to inject himself with a serum?

No, he's going to eat the zombie FF, then throw them back up in time for their appearance as the Ultimate Frightful Four in the Frightful arc running from UFF #30-32.
 

Shihad

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
No, he's going to eat the zombie FF, then throw them back up in time for their appearance as the Ultimate Frightful Four in the Frightful arc running from UFF #30-32.

Now does the Skrull have to get the whole body like every piece..... or is it just like the brain?
Obviouslly if they were eaten they wouldn't surrive, to come back for the frightful arc?
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Shihad said:
Now does the Skrull have to get the whole body like every piece..... or is it just like the brain?

I really don't know.

Obviouslly if they were eaten they wouldn't surrive, to come back for the frightful arc?

I was kidding...sometimes my humor is too dry apparently.
 

Doc Comic

Well-Known Member
Shihad said:
What i didn't understand was why the Chitauri had to consume the person to become like them.
That's what the premise was for "Who Goes There?" by John Campbell. It was the basis for the movie The Thing, which is probably where they got the idea from, especially how the dead Chitauri was all mangled when they died.

Anyways, what it means is that by consuming them, they're taking in their DNA. They need their whole body, all of the DNA inside of it, in order to replicate them.
 

Shihad

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
I really don't know.



I was kidding...sometimes my humor is too dry apparently.


Nah i knew you were joking.............i mean its only speculation..... it could happen that way :shock:

Doc Comic said:
That's what the premise was for "Who Goes There?" by John Campbell. It was the basis for the movie The Thing, which is probably where they got the idea from, especially how the dead Chitauri was all mangled when they died.

Anyways, what it means is that by consuming them, they're taking in their DNA. They need their whole body, all of the DNA inside of it, in order to replicate them.

There you go.... thats what i wanted to know, thanks :)
 

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
Very possible.
Could happen!

Are you trying to be sly here? Or shrewd? I can't tell.:wink:

DIrishB said:
That makes sense, and seems the most likely explanation of survival for his imminent return at some point in the future.
I know. I'm so good.


DIrishB said:
Thats what I figured. I mentioned that in another post (not Doom as Mr. Fantastic), but Doom in the alternate reality and probably in some form of extensive power: maybe in that reality he's already taken over Latveria, or possibly all of Europe, and is some uber-dictator God-like character (reminiscent of Doom 2099...maybe Millar will take influence from Ellis' run on that title). And perhaps this is what firmly convinces Reed that Doom, in any reality, must be stopped...thereby cementing their arch-enemy status. Because really at this point Ultimate Doom is no greater an enemy or threat to the FF than Mole Man, Annihilus, the zombie Four, or Namor.

Very good points there. Especially on Doom being pretty much a standardized villain here, in complete opposite to his should-be tag of "The Marvel Universe's Greatest Super Villain!" over in 616.
He needs to live up to that tag. At the moment, Magneto is still top of the ultimate log for that spot, imo.

DIrishB said:
I'm not sure if that was a slight or a compliment, but thanks ahead of time if it was the latter, and phoo to you if it was the former. ;)
What did you say? I missed that part. Hey! Why is there poo on my head?

DIrishB said:
As for Ben getting some action, I'm actually looking forward to that for some strange reason...not in a perverted way as I'm sure Ourchair is entertaining, but just to see the dude as not so much of a permanent outcast...bring on the blind chick!
Yeah, me too but not in the pervy way. I don't wanna SEE Ben get laid, I just wanna smile when I know that he did. Ugh! I just can't find the right words to express what I mean here.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Shihad said:
Nah i knew you were joking.............i mean its only speculation..... it could happen that way :shock:

Were Millar to do that, I don't know if I'd hate him or love him.

Nas-T! said:
Yeah, me too but not in the pervy way. I don't wanna SEE Ben get laid, I just wanna smile when I know that he did. Ugh! I just can't find the right words to express what I mean here.

I just think it would be satisfying in terms of the character's plight. Sort of a temporary form of resolution to his monster like appearance. Sort of in a "Beauty and the Beast" way.
 

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
I just think it would be satisfying in terms of the character's plight. Sort of a temporary form of resolution to his monster like appearance. Sort of in a "Beauty and the Beast" way.
Indeed. Have you read my post in the general speculation forum? It's the "What I Would Do With 12 Issues of UFF" post. I did an issue dedicated to Ben in the very same "Beauty & The Beast" style you mention here. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I actually haven't gotten down to finishing that thread off. Have to do it soon.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Nas-T! said:
Indeed. Have you read my post in the general speculation forum? It's the "What I Would Do With 12 Issues of UFF" post. I did an issue dedicated to Ben in the very same "Beauty & The Beast" style you mention here. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I actually haven't gotten down to finishing that thread off. Have to do it soon.

I haven't, but I'll post my thoughts when I read it.
 

Super_Human

Well-Known Member
Nas-T! said:
Hiya! Anyone seen that new UFF cover!? Wack! Apparently, the FF are gonna meet Super Skrull (the ultimate one) during the "President Thor" storyline. That should be interesting.

Of course, having seen the image, I'm still wondering why he looks the way he does since the Chitauri were much more reptilian than he appeared. At least that's how I remember the dead and distorted one from The Ultimates vol.1 #9...or was it #10?
I dunno, of the stories Millar promised us, I've been looking forward to "President Thor" and "Frightful" the most. Could these be the stories that save his run from its current mediocrity? Well...it isn't THAT bad, but come ON!

Funny thing though, I read somewhere, on another MB somewhere, some guy going: "READ UFF#25!!! IT'S THE BEST STORY IN A COMIC I'VE EVER READ!!!"

Weird, huh?

Mediocrity?This series is at it's best right now and very solid.
 
Top