New Ultimate Spider-Man (Warning SPOILERS ahead!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Death Of is done and it looks like he really is dead and there really will be someone different, what are you guys expecting? Has the ending of Death Of changed how you were looking forward to this in any way (whether positive or negative)?

Now that Death Of is done and it looks like he really is dead and there really will be someone different, what are you guys expecting? Has the ending of Death Of changed how you were looking forward to this in any way (whether positive or negative)?

Well, like I said before. I think it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Seeing how the old characters react to there being a new Spider-Man swinging around town. Plus since this is a new person behind the mask. That means new characters both supporting and villainess. And I kind of interested in seeing what kind of personality this Spider-Man has. It like Peter Parker's where he jokes around. Or is he more serious.

A while back I had a dream about a new kind of Spider-Man. A darker Spider-Man his life was like Peter Parker of the Marvel U to a point. The differences are that A. this Aunt May and Uncle Ben had another son that Peter looked up to. Not a superhero. But someone that was willing to do something about the crime in the city. Not lethal but willing to go a little far in solving the crime. And B. after this world's Uncle Ben and Aunt May died and in front of Peter. This brother took Peter in and then was killed later. Peter grew angry and wanted revenge on his brother/cousin's killer. He still jokes around to throw off his enemies but it's a dark humor. As for his look it's kind of like the cover of the Superman Earth-One cover. He wears a hoodie with goggles and a mask that only goes up to the goggles. And for his weapons, he has his webs and a pair of knifes (not to kill but, wound). So something like that would please me.

Last edited:
Marvel revealed to USA Today who the new Spider-man is.

Behind the mask is Miles Morales, a young african/Hispanic character

I'm...actually really glad it's not a returning character. I was pretty worried for a bit there that it was gonna be, like...Kong, or something. Good on ya Bendis.

I'm...actually really glad it's not a returning character. I was pretty worried for a bit there that it was gonna be, like...Kong, or something. Good on ya Bendis.

I don't think we'll ever see kong again. *sad face*

I'm digging Miles, so i'll buy it.

Last edited:
I seriously don't understand Glenn Beck. Why has no one killed him yet? How does he have a TV or radio show? How did he get to where he is?

Oh who gives a ****? The comic will still suck ass because his skin colour was never important and not the reason it was bad in the first place. It's not even Peter Parker. Some other random guy in the suit happens to be black.

For ****'s sake. Look at Africa, then tell me it ****ing matters if Spider-Man isn't ****ing white. ****ing morons.

Last edited:
Where as Glenn Beck blames Michelle Obama for Miles Morales becoming Spider-man.

Let's not forget, this douche nozzle thinks Spider-man: Turn off the Dark is better than Wicked.
:lol:

Personally, I just wish they'd had the balls to do this when Ultimate Spider-Man began, instead of years after it's become irrelevant. Really, as the superhero most prominently associated with New York ****ing City, did it ever make much sense for Spider-Man to be a white protestant kid? I'd bet that if Stan Lee and Steve Ditko were creating Spider-Man today, Peter Parker would have been Jewish.

2011-08-03.jpg

Personally, I just wish they'd had the balls to do this when Ultimate Spider-Man began, instead of years after it's become irrelevant. Really, as the superhero most prominently associated with New York ****ing City, did it ever make much sense for Spider-Man to be a white protestant kid? I'd bet that if Stan Lee and Steve Ditko were creating Spider-Man today, Peter Parker would have been Jewish.

Bendis wrote him Jewish. Yiddish in every issue. It was very distracting. :?

I thought Ultimate Spidey was jewish.

Anyway, i've enjoyed all 160 issues of Ultimate Spidey and i'm digging this new direction.

And i love that strip, who drew it?

Last edited:
This new Spider-Man aside, I think Peter Parker should be white, but that's just my opinion. Spider-Man doesn't always have to be Peter Parker, but I think Peter should be white. So if he were re-imagined today, I couldn't see him being black, Hispanic or Asian. What if Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent were black? That would just be weird, because they're so iconic. Sure, being white isn't exactly one of their defining characteristics, but it fits them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back