Newarama shows the cover to Ultimate Power #1 on Joe Fridays & more.

Anyone else think the whole 'Reed accidentally opens a portal to the Supremeverse while trying to fix Ben' thing sounds like a pile of crap?

I do like Bendis when he's on top of his game, but unfortunately, that solicit really sounds like 'phone it in Bendis' and not 'I actually give a flying **** about what I'm writing Bendis'.

And Land. Good God. His artwork is unbelievably realistic. Everyone really does look like a cardboard cutout. Uncanny.

Why couldn't they put Gary Frank on this mini, considering he's leaving Squadron Supreme, he likely would have had time now.

As for Cable, all I can say is it better be well done.

The Ultimate Universe is not impressing me.

That said though, I am absolutely all over Criminal, The Irredeemable Ant Man (best title ever) and Vaughan flavoured Doc Strange, so it's not all bad.

Fuzzy Birds said:
And Land. Good God. His artwork is unbelievably realistic. Everyone really does look like a cardboard cutout. Uncanny.
So wait...is that a compliment? Cuz with what you said about Gary Frank makes me confused.

I give up. . .

I've resigned myself to the Ultimate Universe becomming a "new" 616-verse.

Clone Sagas, Technomagic, X-men Time Travel. . .the only thing left is Ultimate Civil War. Except, in a suprise twist, Tony hates the Registration act while Cap punches his face in and tries to use his bloody nose to sign it.

Reed going to an alternate dimension and causing trouble? Hasn't this happened before? Oh yeah, that's right - Mark Millar's first Ultimate Fantastic Four arc - Crossover.

How stupid do they want Ultimate Reed to be? ****ing Bendis.

Ok, remember this is not being written only by Bendis. He didn't come up with the idea on his own. There's more people to blame than just Bendis here for those who want to give blame.

Last edited:
Oh, I know three people are writing it. I just said Bendis because he is writing this issue.

****ing Bendis, Loeb and Smcyansdjfsjdftri.

Ice said:
Ok, remember this is not being written only by Bendis. He didn't come up with the idea on his own. There's more people to blame than just Bendis here for those who want to give blame.

forget it Ice. They just like blaming Bendis for everything that goes wrong.

the watcher said:
forget it Ice. They just like blaming Bendis for everything that goes wrong.

:x

As I said, I blamed Bendis because he's writing this issue. :roll:

VVD said:
Ugh.....he's a time traveler.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And I think that one of those chicks is the wonder woman character, Zarda. The one in the middle I think. I have no idea who's in the corner.

That is an ugly cover. Not what I expect from Land.

Last edited:
I'll save the snark up for when I read it - but it's a Bendis-written TEAM title and a Bendis-writtten CROSSOVER. That's two strikes and I haven't even read the first issue, but, who knows, it could be good. Scarlet Witch, Cap and Iron Man are all good characters with a lot of potential. Interesting that Cap's there but not Wasp....

Captain America, Invisible Woman, Spider-Man, Hyperion, Blur, Doctor Spectrum, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and mysterious woman, who is either Zarda, Shadowcat, or one of those new snake characters shown before.

EDIT: So, here's the other page, possibly some kind of Ultimate Serpent Society:

ULTPOW001002_col.jpg

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
Captain America, Invisible Woman, Spider-Man, Hyperion, Blur, Doctor Spectrum, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and mysterious woman, who is either Zarda, Shadowcat, or one of those new snake characters shown before.

I already said who it was. It's Inertia. The new attitude girl in Squadron with earthquake powers.

Lynx said:
I already said who it was. It's Inertia. The new attitude girl in Squadron with earthquake powers.

Okay, I missed that post.

ProjectX2 said:
EDIT: So, here's the other page, possibly some kind of Ultimate Serpent Society:

ULTPOW001002_col.jpg

See, this is my problem with Land and composition - do theose women even look like they are in the same PANEL together? They look like they've all been cut-and-pasted out of a magazine, especially because the faces and bodies are an artistic mis-match. Look at the one on the right, in the background, with the snake-skin pants. The shading is SO different on her upper torso and her legs it doesn't even look like it's all the same figure. Like she's a photo from the waist up and a drawing from the waist down.

IMO, decent but still redundant motive for Reed Richards, didn't we do this motive in President Thor? Although it kind of makes sense, since Reed didn't learn his lesson about the repurcussions of his earlier attempt when the only clue they got that it was a bad idea was seeing Ben Grimm telling them that it was.

The Supremeverse does have something the Ultimate Universe doesn't have, the screwy virus that caused all the super powers in the Squadron's world. Bendis does try to keep consistent with Millar by emphasizing Reed's naivete once again in dabbling in things he shouldn't be.

Not comfortable with Cable being a time traveller though, I always thought they should confine the time travel along with most of the conventional sci-fi plot devices to UFF or the Ultimates. Especially if this means they're going to turn Ultimate Cable into Scott's son again, ugh.

Latest posts

Back