Newarama shows the cover to Ultimate Power #1 on Joe Fridays & more.

Ice said:
Maybe he's counting Stuart?

Yeah, I was. Just because Stuart didn't write one of the big titles, doesn't make him any less of a writer (Or a source of information). :wink:

Victor Von Doom said:
I am VERY glad to hear that he will not be realted to anyone. His looks never bothered me. I agree that you don't need to completely change someone's look just to "ultimize" them.

That he's not related to anyone puts my mind at ease a bit about the time travel. And, ironically, his looks make perfect sense now that he's from the future (Cybernetic arm, eye, advanced weaponry, etc.) even if I am a bit skeptical about the time traveling aspect. Still, I'm willing to give Mr. Kirkman the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have much less of a problem with time travel than I do having him related to Scott...or anyone for that matter. As Doc said, time travel, if done right, can be just fine. Even in UFF where it was a little over-the-top it was OK to me.

E said:
Yeah, I have much less of a problem with time travel than I do having him related to Scott...or anyone for that matter. As Doc said, time travel, if done right, can be just fine. Even in UFF where it was a little over-the-top it was OK to me.

The fact that he's not realted to anyone means we can avoid all the unnessecary, convoluted alternate futures that usually occur when such a thing occurs.

I hope. . .

Lynx said:
Yeah, I was. Just because Stuart didn't write one of the big titles, doesn't make him any less of a writer (Or a source of information). :wink:
Exactly.

Stuart be our boy. You're my boy Stuart!

Cable is a cybernetically enhanced warrior with an agenda against the X-Men.

I wonder if he could have met up with Deadpool in the future?

It's a reach, I know, but it could be possible.

Robert Kirkman said:
Hey, everybody. I just wanted to pop in here and put an end to a few assumptions.

First off, everything I do on X-Men will be an effort to make things more different from the 616, even it it doesn't immediately SEEM that way. I agree with you all that they should be as different as possible.

Also. Cable will not be Scott's son, or related to him in any way. In fact, I'll tell you right now, that Cable is not ANYONE'S brother, son, mother, father, uncle or any other relation. He's going to be different.

As far as his LOOK goes, yeah, it's a little similar to the 616, face aside... but Cable is HARD to change unless you make him a teenager and I DIDN'T want to do that (for one, that was DONE in the 616--X-Man). He's worn 10,000 different costumes, sometimes in the SAME issue, and sometimes on the same PAGE. So unless you make him completely different. He's going to be kinda similar. You don't complain about Cyclops having a VISOR do you? Or Rogue's white streak of hair or Wolverine's CLAWS.

Same thing.

Besides, I think the ORIGINAL Cable, Rob's Cable from New Mutants and X-Force looked DAMN cool... and so I wanted Ultimate Cable to reflect that.

Character-wise... he's totally different, as you'll see in the issue.

So, give it a shot, it's a cool issue and a cool arc and it leads to HUGE shake-ups in the book (which I think the book needs).

And future stuff... yeah, Cable is from the future... sorry about that. I think it's cool. I don't think it'll ruin the book. I don't see why it's okay for Ultimate FF or Ultimates but shouldn't be in this book. Maybe Spider-Man... but I think X-Men has a LONG history with time-travel. And y'know, I'm trying to make it not suck.

Besides, it's not like time travel is going to be a HUGE part of the book. It's just going to be mentioned here and there in relation to Cable. The X-Men do not go to the future or anything.

Anyway, I'll be around, and if you have more questions, it'd probably be easier to find me over at my message board, which I think some of you have already done.

Keep reading!

-Robert
Whoa! Welcome to UC! I hope this isn't your only post here.

Now I feel guilty that I couldn't find those Walking Dead trades at my lcs. :(

Oh and I demand that I be made a "VIP", too. Don't you think of me as a Very Important Person, E? You never loved me at all, did you!? :cry: :cry: :cry:

*storms out in tears*
TheManWithoutFear said:
What's new?

thspit.gif
throfl.gif
No... Not a chance.

moonmaster said:
Oh and I demand that I be made a "VIP", too. Don't you think of me as a Very Important Person, E? You never loved me at all, did you!?

I think the problem is....I love you too much.

What?

I'm looking forward to Cable... Time traveller or not, I think he is what the title needs. I think it's a step in the right direction.

The cover is not my cup of tea, however. I don't like Land anymore than I do Millar. :p

Goodwill said:
I'm looking forward to Cable... Time traveller or not, I think he is what the title needs. I think it's a step in the right direction.

The cover is not my cup of tea, however. I don't like Land anymore than I do Millar. :p
That makes it sound like you're taliking about the UXM cover. :wink:

E said:
I think the problem is....I love you too much.

What?
"I wish I knew how to quit postin' here!"
Dr.Strangefate said:
I am an Extra Important Person, far greater than any Very Important Person.
I'm a Fantastic Unbelievably Cool Kid.

No, I haven't spelled that out.
Victor Von Doom said:
Moony alreaedy has a subnic. If anything you should change it to "Baby Nexus".
Please god, no.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back