Newsarama commemorates 5 years of Ultimate Marvel

Fuzzy Birds

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for moving it E. Boy, you were quick huh? Do you have like, an alarm in your house that signals everytime someone types your name? :wink:

Fuzzy Birds said:
Cheers for moving it E. Boy, you were quick huh? Do you have like, an alarm in your house that signals everytime someone types your name? :wink:

I had just seen it and came here specifically to post it. :D

UltimateE said:
I had just seen it and came here specifically to post it. :D

Well, thanks for not having me 'silenced' by one of your 'moderators', removing all evidence of me on this board and claiming the news as that of your own finding.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Well, thanks for not having me 'silenced' by one of your 'moderators', removing all evidence of me on this board and claiming the news as that of your own finding.

We're pretty good about letting people have credit for posting news, even if the post itself is edited to look more like a "news" post.

Anyway, thanks for posting. This should be interesting to follow...I was out of comics myself when the series started so the "Ground Zero" stuff is interesting to me.

This is the LAST TIME I take a "day off" from the site to go to a comic shop. I go away for a few hours and NOOOOOOOOW Newsarama decides to put something Ultimate up.

*Raises and shakes fist in air*

DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOU NEWSARAMA!!!!

*Ahem*.

Thanks, Fuzz-bud! :D

Rob Liefeld said:
I will tell you that for me this line holds very little interest. I was approached about doing some work on these titles but I resisted because of the fact that they were alternate continuity concepts.
Thank god. Could you imagine Liefeld doing something in the UU?

I can :D :
disturbingLiefeldCappic.jpg

....the horror.....the horror....

He doesn't even have an "A" on his head!

Marvel's Ultimate line turns five in September, marking five years of a relatively continuity-free Marvel universe

Bwahahaha!

Mark Millar said:
"Kids generally aren't interested in the kind of comics that their parents are going to approve of. Marvel, I hope, are savvy enough to realize this and aim the books at teenagers instead of the under-12s. This is what I call trickle-down comic-book economics; aim the books at older kids and the younger kids will bite their own arm off to get at them. Ever seen a kid's face when he sees a South Park keyring for the bargain price of ten bucks?
Millar is awesome and a very astute man.

icemastertron said:

You can't help but respect Bagley when he says stuff like this:

NRAMA: You're fairly unique in the medium for a number of things, but one that really stands out is your work ethic. How do you manage to create so many quality pages on a regular basis? What's your schedule like?

MB: I grew up in a military family where we were expected to pull our own weight. Comics were a goal of mine for a long time, in fact I joined the Army out of high school so that I would earn the G.I. Bill for art school. After art school I banged nails in Georgia for a few years, and that taught me what real hard work is. You haven't lived until you've spent a couple of years doing construction, with a wife and child to support, thinking this is what you are going to be doing for the rest of your life. I finally got a job at Lockheed doing technical illustration which got me out of carpentry - thank God. Did that for three years and broke into comics with the Try Out Contest. Now I get paid to do something I love, and I'll be damned if I'm ever going to be accused of taking it for granted. I work hard because I enjoy what I do, and there are a lot of people who work with me on a book who depend upon my ability to get the job done.

I'm usually at my desk by 8:00 AM, and I put in an average of 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Sounds rough, but I don't spend a half hour dressing for the office everyday, I don't commute an hour a day each to and from work, and lunch usually is a quick sandwich. I'm pretty good at maximizing my time at my desk.

Latest posts

Back