Newsarama offers 8 page preview of Ultimates 2 #4

Goodwill said:
Before reading the actual pages, I actually thought that Iron Maiden was Ultron or even War Machine, however, when I found out that it was Black Widow, I puked... Relationships don't lead to your boyfriend making you your own suit...
I guess they do now! :lol:

Goodwill said:
Before reading the actual pages, I actually thought that Iron Maiden was Ultron or even War Machine, however, when I found out that it was Black Widow, I puked... Relationships don't lead to your boyfriend making you your own suit...

The relationship with Jan and Captain really is a headache and is serving no purpose but to show the gap between Captain and the modern world. I think there is a better way to do it than having a relationship with someone.

My thoughts exactly.

Well, Ultimates seems to keep up the high quality. Looks to be a great issue, altough maybe not so moving and dramatic as #3 was. The sad thing for me is, that for every new issue, its one closer to the end of Millars run.

(Oh well, we´ll always have New Avengers, I suppose. Wich is no bad thing.)

Given that Millar and I seem to share similar political views (we're both British, and that's a start), I totally understand the reasoning for cap to be out of the loop, and for why that is forced home some much. I see the relationship with jan as something a lot more than just an age gap comedy.
And the widows suit perplexed me for a little while, considering it only to be another extension of the supersoldier development of "non-american countries", but after warmachine was mentioned, this puts a whole new slant on it.

Guijllons said:
And anyone else think that pym is working on ultron's head?

Now that you mention it.. I took a second look and I got to say you are most likely dead on there.. they have been hinting on the whole Ultron thing for a while now.. so itd be cool to see him pop up.. and that was definitely a robot head

supermusli said:
Well, Ultimates seems to keep up the high quality. Looks to be a great issue, altough maybe not so moving and dramatic as #3 was. The sad thing for me is, that for every new issue, its one closer to the end of Millars run.

(Oh well, we´ll always have New Avengers, I suppose. Wich is no bad thing.)

Eh, I don't see the great stuff that most of you see in the Ultimates... Call me a simpleton (Heh, you're loving this, aren't you guys?) but I fail to see what's so great because 1.) I think it's obvious that Millar is really making up for the errors that he made in the first volume in terms of scheduling and 2.) I think he's writing this more as an individual title instead of one that fits in a universe. I don't know, something in my mind doesn't put Ultimates 2 in the same regard as the first...

I like the Iron Maiden armor, or whatever they decide to name it, because Black Widow has always been a bit of a weak link in my mind. You can only shoot things so much before you run into something that can't be shot to death. This adds a new dimension to her powers, and with her body, might even make her more powerful than Tony.

jtg3885 said:
I like the Iron Maiden armor, or whatever they decide to name it, because Black Widow has always been a bit of a weak link in my mind. You can only shoot things so much before you run into something that can't be shot to death. This adds a new dimension to her powers, and with her body, might even make her more powerful than Tony.

Cmon Black Widow is classic. It's cool she doesn't have any additive performance enhancers she a top spy that's what she is and a survivor. and you know what really surprises me is the fact that she's supposed to be the hottest woman in the Ultimate Universe and now they're gonna hide her behind armor?

Nobody's saying it'll stick. She's supposedly genetically enhanced, she may be limited by the armor. I was thinking about that, and it could go both ways. Either her body moves too fast for the armor and she's held back by it, or her body and armor moves faster than Tony and she's the superior armored warrior. Still think it's nice to see her with something better than a set of hand guns and maybe some grenades for offensive potential. And being able to fly and stuff can only expand her usefulness and attack possibilities. Allows her to go from thinking in 2D during combat to thinking in 3D.

Nah, having another character turn on the Ultimates would be a bit of overkill at this point. We already have the Ultimates taking on Thor in battle because of the whole Loki mess, and Hank stealing the Ultron plans and joining the Defenders, do we really need a third runaway Ultimate storyline?

jtg3885 said:
Nah, having another character turn on the Ultimates would be a bit of overkill at this point. We already have the Ultimates taking on Thor in battle because of the whole Loki mess, and Hank stealing the Ultron plans and joining the Defenders, do we really need a third runaway Ultimate storyline?

But if you think about it...

Thor - Doesn't betray them it's Loki.
Hank - Doesn't betray them they kicked him off.

If Widow did it it'd be because she's a sexy biotch and had her own agenda.

jtg3885 said:
Good point.

TheManWithoutFear said:
But if you think about it...

Thor - Doesn't betray them it's Loki.
Hank - Doesn't betray them they kicked him off.

If Widow did it it'd be because she's a sexy biotch and had her own agenda.
Thor quits, Hank is thrown off for being a wife-beater. They're still off the team and have storylines dedicated to their post-Ultimates existence. Two of those is enough. As we've seen with the incredible never-really-dead Aunt May and Jean Grey, overdone things are BAAAD.

jtg3885 said:
Thor quits, Hank is thrown off for being a wife-beater. They're still off the team and have storylines dedicated to their post-Ultimates existence. Two of those is enough. As we've seen with the incredible never-really-dead Aunt May and Jean Grey, overdone things are BAAAD.
See, another good point.

jtg3885 said:

I'm not saying you have to follow her after she pulls off her big heist... maybe an Ultimate Black Widow like way down the line is fine. But you don't have to work her post-ultimate life into the title after the leave. It'd be so her character if she did what she had to do and Nick Fury just had a blank WTF look on his face and we never saw from her again.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not saying you have to follow her after she pulls off her big heist... maybe an Ultimate Black Widow like way down the line is fine. But you don't have to work her post-ultimate life into the title after the leave. It'd be so her character if she did what she had to do and Nick Fury just had a blank WTF look on his face and we never saw from her again.
Great. So she goes from being stuck to Tony like spandex on Pamela Anderson, getting her own armor, and going on super important missions like Ultimate Nightmare, to just disappearing from the comic? IF she did something, Millar would be an idiot to not have the Ultimates respond to her actions, and that would put us with the third post-Ultimate storyline. I REALLY don't see it happening.

jtg3885 said:
Great. So she goes from being stuck to Tony like spandex on Pamela Anderson, getting her own armor, and going on super important missions like Ultimate Nightmare, to just disappearing from the comic? IF she did something, Millar would be an idiot to not have the Ultimates respond to her actions, and that would put us with the third post-Ultimate storyline. I REALLY don't see it happening.

forget about it :roll:

Latest posts

Back