Newsarama offers 8 page preview of Ultimates 2 #4

You know, Natasha could be just testing the suit before they give it to Nick Fury and he becomes War Machine!!!!

I can dream

Am I the only one who thought that Natasha might actually enjoy and find perverse pleasure in being named after a medieval torture instrument (Iron Maiden)?

when you first said iron maiden i first thought of the band :S

It would be funny if she called herself that. Cant see it happening tho

UltimateE said:
I don't hate it - I just thought it was unlike him to call Jan "baby" like he did.

I'm just nitpicking.
As Guij suggests, Cap is stuck between two worlds. The term "baby" may just be an awkward affectation that he's adopting in an attempt to be uh, more modern or affectionate or something.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not saying you have to follow her after she pulls off her big heist... maybe an Ultimate Black Widow like way down the line is fine. But you don't have to work her post-ultimate life into the title after the leave. It'd be so her character if she did what she had to do and Nick Fury just had a blank WTF look on his face and we never saw from her again.
Actually, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea as jtg makes it out to be. Granted, another "runaway" Ultimate would be overkill but it could make for an intriguing plot point AFTER Millar wraps up his threads by the end of this 12 issue sequel.

Perhaps the Ultimates (whether it's this team or a new team created out of the potential chaos of Grand Theft America) oversteps their jurisdiction one time too many and Black Widow responds to this event by defecting.

Also, I don't think Black Widow reneging on her Ultimates affiliation is incongruous with her being Tony's lover. Remember that Tony is driven by a utopian ideal to "make the world a better place" and it is possible that aspect of his personality that attracts her to him (not to mention his charm, and good looks). Black Widow leaving the Ultimates would mean that she realizes that SHIELD's goals are not necessarily compatible with her own ideals.

jtg3885 said:
Nah, having another character turn on the Ultimates would be a bit of overkill at this point. We already have the Ultimates taking on Thor in battle because of the whole Loki mess, and Hank stealing the Ultron plans and joining the Defenders, do we really need a third runaway Ultimate storyline?

You mean, do we really need a FOURTH, because Banner/Hulk fits that same mold.

jtg3885 said:
Am I the only one who thought that Natasha might actually enjoy and find perverse pleasure in being named after a medieval torture instrument (Iron Maiden)?

I was actually thinking about the '80s metal band... ;)

jtg3885 said:

I've got to spend less time on the net. I thought of the character who's actually named Iron Maiden.

Well, I still say that Black Widow should lay off the armor for a while after this issue. There's no reason why Tony can't be doing whatever it is she's doing...

Apart from his brain tumor, which by all accounts is going to come into play in the next few issues, with tony receiving chemotherapy and all that comes with that.

I never got the feeling Banner was on the team, though, rather, he was the first villain... I think we've only seen what we have of him is because he's a respected Marvel character without his own title.

Omg don't you guys see it? The ultimates are gonna fight thor soon, and what would black widow be in such battle? You think her guns would even thouch Thor ? No.

Also this thing about black Widow being in a suit SUCKS. They are sooo consurned about the Cpt. Formular and all that, but the fact is that they could just put a Iron man Suit on everyone that would like to join the team? After all Iron Man is the 2nd strongest on the team, so who would't like about 10 of him? They would take the Ultimates down in 5 sec.

SeAcoW said:
Omg don't you guys see it? The ultimates are gonna fight thor soon, and what would black widow be in such battle? You think her guns would even thouch Thor ? No.

Also this thing about black Widow being in a suit SUCKS. They are sooo consurned about the Cpt. Formular and all that, but the fact is that they could just put a Iron man Suit on everyone that would like to join the team? After all Iron Man is the 2nd strongest on the team, so who would't like about 10 of him? They would take the Ultimates down in 5 sec.
Hey, cool thoughts!

AND WELCOME! :D

That is a pretty good idea and it would be an even better one if that actually happened, introducing Jim Rhodes (War Machine) into the series. That's totally interesting and totally buyable, too. Great, idea! Welcome!

SeAcoW said:

Hmmm,

Welcome Seacow...

Well, stronger is always better to foil your theory, actually... Countries and world powers will stop at nothing to become stronger than their competition, sadly, and it becomes hardly worth it to find cure for cancer and what not if we're going to nuke each other off the face of the Earth.

Thanks for the nice welcome :D Sry for going offtopic but i've been seaching for a Ultimate Forum for a loooong time , and the only one i could find that was close to that was newsarama ! I'm glad to see you guys really are into it like i am, i i think i will have a great time here ! thank you again, nice to see such kind ppl in such a nice forum !

You most definitely will... I think that we've got a good group of members here that all have good ideas (Except when we're talking about Beast, Apocolypse, and DD)

Latest posts

Back