Newsarama reveals full Ultimates Annual cover

Are you talking about those soldiers who are standing behind the Ultimates?

EDIT: 'Cause if so, there's four women and nine men visible. That's a total of thirteen.

Last edited:
Caduceus said:
A bit. But he's grinning. Fury may smile but he don't grin.

Looks more like LL Cool J to me. But that's probably who Hitch based him on.

This is pretty interesting...

Now, for some reason, I'm thinking this will be the faction that is going to take a stab AT the Ultimates. I don't know, with Captain America looking so menacing and the fact that Goliath, a Thunderbolt is there, is certainly an intriguing little clue as to how this may end up. You never know, those two robots could be Mach 1 and Mach 2 from the Thunderbolts and the guys running along past Captain are more of the characters. This goes along with my theory that part of the Union will, in fact, go after SHIELD when they get a chance. Who knows, I'm probably only kicking up dirt here.

Also, the robots COULD be the Hulk busters, but remember - Fury didn't unleash them on the Hob, so that may discount your theory. He rounded up some of the Hulk busters and unleashed some power on Harry... It could be that the Hulk shows up, though, since that kind of story would be able to be contained in an Annual, especially written by Millar, who I believe accomplishes a lot in one issue.

:lol: The one thing that doesn't add up is the fact that, at first, they did not release even the Fury cover, and now they've changed it again. This is odd to me. Why couldn't they have waited? We never needed to see the Fury cover.

the fact that there constantly showing different covers, is telling me that Marvel are desperately trying to throw the fans off....This could be the major Ultimates revaltion of the year if my feelings are right.

Maybe. But this isnt something new from marvel, that they show a cover, and replace it close to last minute. Happened with X-Men. Ethan Van S.drew a great Emma cover with a dead X-Mas tree, with some decorations, but when the issue came out, it was replaced by a Larroca cover.

i bet its a fold out cover. 3 panels. firs panel is Fury, 2nd is the big spoiler, and third is this group of rserves we see.

I'll bet ya marvel-money.

Goodwill said:
This is pretty interesting...

Now, for some reason, I'm thinking this will be the faction that is going to take a stab AT the Ultimates. I don't know, with Captain America looking so menacing and the fact that Goliath, a Thunderbolt is there, is certainly an intriguing little clue as to how this may end up. You never know, those two robots could be Mach 1 and Mach 2 from the Thunderbolts and the guys running along past Captain are more of the characters. This goes along with my theory that part of the Union will, in fact, go after SHIELD when they get a chance. Who knows, I'm probably only kicking up dirt here.

Also, the robots COULD be the Hulk busters, but remember - Fury didn't unleash them on the Hob, so that may discount your theory. He rounded up some of the Hulk busters and unleashed some power on Harry... It could be that the Hulk shows up, though, since that kind of story would be able to be contained in an Annual, especially written by Millar, who I believe accomplishes a lot in one issue.

It was Atlas who was in the Thunderbolts, and I'm a thinkin that those two robots could be Ultron, and Ultron 2, not Vision 2..... but then again, they do look like possible Hulk busters.....

maybe the guy that looks like cap is usagent, the two robots could be the ultimate versions of the iron man hulkbuster suits, one has the number 2 on his head because they look exactly the same and that is the only way to tell the difference. the other two captains are britain and spain, goliath is the ll cool j looking guy( hey hes bald and croosseyed maybe he is shaq) the guy running behind usagent is speed demon

elfreo said:
nah, theres no reason for hulk busters, because the hulk is dead.
Of course he is. :wink:

Besides, its not like the Hulkbusters are JUST for Hulk. They have been known to be used on other ocassions besides trying to capture the Hulk.

icemastertron said:
Of course he is. :wink:

Besides, its not like the Hulkbusters are JUST for Hulk. They have been known to be used on other ocassions besides trying to capture the Hulk.

Ultimate She-Hulk...?

Weren't they used to take down Hobgoblin?

Ok, I'll say this again. Aren't they supposed to be totally new characters?
Or have I missed a newer announcement from Millar saying that what he said before was all a pile of misleading tosh?

Vegetable-man said:
It was Atlas who was in the Thunderbolts, and I'm a thinkin that those two robots could be Ultron, and Ultron 2, not Vision 2..... but then again, they do look like possible Hulk busters.....

Where was Goliath from then? I'm pretty sure he was in the Thunderbolts, too.

Latest posts

Back