Newsarama reveals Ultimate Defenders

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Ultimate Defenders Revealed!

[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ults2no6covsm.jpg[/IMGL] Newsarama has revealed the cover to Ultimates 2 #6, featuring the Ultimate Defenders. From http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26017

"In other Hitch-ness, at www.TheArtofComics.com , the home of Hitch's original art dealer, the cover to Ultimates 2 #6 has squeezed out, featuring the Ultimate Defenders.

As Mark Millar explained the Ultimate Defenders when we spoke with him about Ultimates 2: "Issue six is the Ultimate Defenders. I wrote this issue before any of the others because I was so excited about it. The first six issues form an arc, but the arc is really comprised of a three-parter, a two parter and a one-shot that all leads up to a conclusion before we hit the final arc."

The big guy in the back is obviously Hank Pym, but as for the rest…?"

Last edited:
a cold cold night

great job ice.....man...errr...(yes pun intended) you are very cool (another pun) with these news reads as of late, i just froze (another one, hehehe) when i saw the ult defenders, any guesses as to who they are?? when you are done chillin' (yet another!!) gives us some input..

This guy looks on to it...

I'm guessing the one in the middle is Valkyre, the winged one is Night Hawk, the other chick is maybe Hellcat, the black guy is maybe Luke Cage and the freakie looking guy in the back ??? a version of fool killer? Just my guesses, we'll see.

Looks cool.

Nice job Ice.

Looks cool - I think the one in the back is Tigra, only because I seem to remember Millar specifically mentioning her. I don't remember if he said she was in any of the Ultiamtes teams...

Yes I think it's tigra too. Possibly Doc Strange is in it?

jtg3885 said:
This is the last post on the subject, and I'm going to leave it at this because I have no desire for UltimateE to get on my case for fighting with your idiot ass again. You throw out the most ridiculous Wild Ass Guesses I've ever seen, and then turn into a ****ing twit when people decide that you're wrong. If you're going to sit here and throw out piles of **** trying to start a conversation, don't turn into a sniveling little bitch when people decide not to go along with you.

Out of line... AGAIN.

Since I was reading at NEWSARAMA, I saw someone suggest Dr. Strange, and since he's an original member... List is coming soon!

Well, it may be that not all of the members made it on to that cover, you know... It's very possible there's a mystery member here, too. ;)

Giant Man is the obvious one. Nighthawk is right in front of him. Valkyrie and Hellcat are good guesses for the two girls, but if we're going by the original Defenders of 616, that really only leaves Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Sub Mariner for the two unknown men. Perhaps Sub Mariner for the left hand guy, but the one in the back... no clue.

And although speculation of the cat-eared female being Tigra is currently being passed around, I think that Millar and Hitch would come up with something better for her, preferably staying in a neomorphic form. Changing her into a girl with cat ears on a headband is just cheesy as hell.

Perhaps the cat girl is Tigra and she can change into a cat form or something... Mystique...

Here's a basic list that the characters might be...

Thor girl - Valkyre/Enchantress
Left Black looking guy - Luke Cage
Right cat girl - Tigra/Hellcat
Clown person - ???
Flying person - Nighthawk
Back guy - Giant-Man/Goliath

I think the person in the back looks like a clown... Lol.

I gotta go with no for Luke Cage, and after further thought, withdraw my own speculation that it's the Sub Mariner. Aren't the Ultimate Defenders kinda like, the anti-Ultimates? The kinda low-level, low-income hero team? Do we really want to see people like Namor or Luke Cage Ultimatized for THAT?

jtg3885 said:
I gotta go with no for Luke Cage, and after further thought, withdraw my own speculation that it's the Sub Mariner. Aren't the Ultimate Defenders kinda like, the anti-Ultimates? The kinda low-level, low-income hero team? Do we really want to see people like Namor or Luke Cage Ultimatized for THAT?

Nope

Well, Namor is gonna be ultimized in UFF, rather than the mini he was supposed to be ultimized in. But I was thinkin' Luke Cage too, but I'm not sure...

Latest posts

Back