Newsarama shows preliminary Ultimate Galactus designs in Quesada interview

Fuzzy Birds said:
I cannot understand the hate towards the Gah Lak Tus thingies! Come on, would you honestly prefer a big purple dude in a cheesy 60's getup? I don't want Gah Lak Tus to be anything remotely human, not even to have a personality in fact. It's a hundred times scarier to be attacked by something mindless, something that is simply following it's instincts.

Similar to how the Chitauri described themselves as an antibody, I think Gah Lak Tus should be a cancer. Ok, so maybe they're robotic, which is a bit dissapointing, but I still think they're a wonderful idea, and a really creepy idea. Looks like I'll be the only UC member picking this one up and actually enjoying it then.

Nah, I'll enjoy it, as I said its all in the execution. And I have faith in Ellis's writing and Peterson's art that they'll be able to pull it off, no problem. I think most people are upset because its just so drastically different than the 616 version (people want something new, but not necessarily different I guess). Either way, I'm very much looking forward to this book.

And what's with all this Nick Fury nonsense?!?

Apparently most of the UC members (and the folks at Newsarama also) are color-blind.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Looks like I'll be the only UC member picking this one up and actually enjoying it then.

Im sure i`ll actually enjoy it, im just a bit dissapointed with the design, ellis`s writing on these mini-seires has been getting steadily better so i have high hopes

DIrishB said:
Nope, Ultimate Thunderbird will be showing up eventually, but he'll be killed off after one issue much like his 616 counterpart. He'll also be a transexual, changing his name to Thunderbirdette halfway through the issue.
Yeah, because thunderbird was from India. :|

Fuzzy Birds- Did you see me trash Galactus? :wink:

DB- Just admit that you're really color blind. You see that Joe Q. said "woops" without a joking smiley or whatever, so Fury wasn't black before.

icemastertron said:
Fuzzy Birds- Did you see me trash Galactus? :wink:

DB- Just admit that you're really color blind. You see that Joe Q. said "woops" without a joking smiley or whatever, so Fury wasn't black before.
He may not have been Afro-caribean in origin, but he was certainly darker than the average caucasian.

I still consider Nick Fury black. Makes it seem more realistic.

I too like the Gah Lak Tus designs.

Guijllons said:
He may not have been Afro-caribean in origin, but he was certainly darker than the average caucasian.
I know that. We know its a probably a mistake by the colorist, but it's fun messin' with people, giving them a "taste of their own medicine". :D

icemastertron said:
I know that. We know its a probably a mistake by the colorist, but it's fun messin' with people, giving them a "taste of their own medicine". :D

Blegh. Medicine.

icemastertron said:
I'm just gonna say that he was Indian before, then, erm.. became West Indian..

e-hem.

Now that he's General of SHIELD, he goes to those solar tanning places a lot.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, because thunderbird was from India. :|

I thought you were just going way off base and referring to an American Indian. Though in retrospect it makes more sense for you to be referring to him as Indian, since I think he mentioned attending college in India in USM, during the Venom arc.

icemastertron said:

Please tell me you're kidding. Isn't this a verbal interview? How could he insert a joking smiley if thats the case? Also, seriously, I don't care how lightly colored Fury was anywhere, he was definitly black in all cases. In the early X-Men issues, the UMTU issues, etc, he's absolutely, 100% African-American. Like I said, barring the coloring, look at his features. How many caucasian people have the more pronounced nose/nostrils, lips, etc? How many white people have tightly-coiled, short black hair? Sorry Ice, Fury was always black in the Ultimate Universe. I think it was obvious Quesada was just playing around.

I am kidding. Did you not read my post above quoting Guij?

I know he's really black. I was just saying he wasnt colored black before, and probably was a mistake or something.

Oh yeah, the smiley- : ) or : P without the spaces.

icemastertron said:

I know he's really black. I was just saying he wasnt colored black before, and probably was a mistake or something.

Or - (laughs/grins/smiles)

icemastertron said:

I know you're kidding, just want to make it clear for people who might not be familiar with the Ultimate universe that yes, this version of Nick Fury is black (or Indian). But I still don't see how anyone could even fathom him looking white, coloring aside. Like I said, his features are definitly that of an African-American.

Guijllons said:
Gwen Stacy? Man, he's gonna clone her isn't he. Carnage has her DNA, will build a new one. Or maybe carnage is living his life somewhere as Gwen. Who knows, or indeed cares?

A long time ago Bendis went on record as to saying that Gwen IS carnage...which in a way, can technically mean more than just being "absorbed" or whatever you wanna call it. I would not be surprised to see her show up again connected carnage. Imagine someone he [ peter] felt responsible for, being one of his enemies coming back to haunt him...just a thought.

Latest posts

Back