Newsarama shows preliminary Ultimate Galactus designs in Quesada interview

ProjectX2 said:
But Marvel Boy doesn't really fit into the UU. Trouble does.

I never actually read Trouble (I can't find the trade ANYWHERE. I don't even know if there is a trade!), but wasn't the basis that May was actually Peter's mother?? That'd be. . .woah.

And I want to read Marvel Boy.

As for Gah Lak Tus. . . :roll:

Guijllons said:
Who said galactus is robotic bugs? Maybe it's just armour, alien planet, strange atmosphere..
And, what if the bugs are just drones, and galactus is the queen.

I say this, but I know you'll not remember and ask the same question again at some point :)

You're absolutely right. I am just kicking around ideas... With these sketches and the cover to Ultimate Extinction, there are probably a lot of different directions fans are taking all of this. So, we'll just have to see what's going on come December. Either of us could be wrong. ;)

ProjectX2 said:
But Marvel Boy doesn't really fit into the UU. Trouble does.

Sort of. There are some problems with it. I had a pretty lengthy and detailed review and reasons why it could or couldn't fit in the UU. I just searched for it and can't find it, but I know it's here somewhere.

And the reason Marvel Boy doesn't fit *into* the UU is because, as I understand it (I haven't read it yet) it leads into the creation of the UU.

Lynx said:
I never actually read Trouble (I can't find the trade ANYWHERE. I don't even know if there is a trade!)

It sold and was received so poorly that they canceled the TPB. You should be able to find the issues dirt cheap if you want to check it out.

Seacow is all amazed that there's a Ultimate Hulk and Wolverine mini...

Lynx said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker_probe

Someone posted this on Millarworld. It'd be a DAMN intresting take on Galactus if this is what those things are.
I really hope that's what it is.

For all of you who are disappointed and we're hoping he'd be like 616 Galactus, I have a feeling that if Ultimate Galactus had turned out to be some huge dude who eats planets you would've incessantly *****ed about how unoriginal it is and how they should have done something more like this. Personally, I think the concept of a some cybernetic alien swarm that lands on earth and just starts destroying everything and killing everyone is much scarier. And that's what I think it looks like.

I love how everytime someone says they're hopeing for a single being someone shouts out "A BIG PURPLE MAN!?" That is not what I meant. I'd just like to see a central figure. He doesn't have to have Purple Helmut and he doesn't have to be a giant.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I love how everytime someone says they're hopeing for a single being someone shouts out "A BIG PURPLE MAN!?" That is not what I meant. I'd just like to see a central figure. He doesn't have to have Purple Helmut and he doesn't have to be a giant.

I'd like to have one giant mind thing, controlling all those drones. The cover to Ultimate Extinction makes them look like ships, and I betcha once those ships open their mouths, lots of drone bug things fly out.

ProjectX2 said:
I'd like to have one giant mind thing, controlling all those drones. The cover to Ultimate Extinction makes them look like ships, and I betcha once those ships open their mouths, lots of drone bug things fly out.

Agreed. A running "insect" theme would be appropriate with a sort of Queen-like figure running the show.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agreed. A running "insect" theme would be appropriate with a sort of Queen-like figure running the show.

For some reason, I'm thinking The Overmind controlling the Zerg from Starcraft. I acually like the Berserker Probe thing. If it's that, then I wonder who created them. . .

Maybe Silver Surfer. . .

Latest posts

Back