Newsarama shows preliminary Ultimate Galactus designs in Quesada interview

The Captain said:
A long time ago Bendis went on record as to saying that Gwen IS carnage...which in a way, can technically mean more than just being "absorbed" or whatever you wanna call it. I would not be surprised to see her show up again connected carnage. Imagine someone he [ peter] felt responsible for, being one of his enemies coming back to haunt him...just a thought.
Well, I can handle carnage adopting her form, and perhaps carnage can even think that he is Gwen, but only because the alternative is worse. No clones, please no clones.

The Captain said:
NRAMA: From "Zypster X": What is your opinion on Ultimate Gwen Stacy? Did you like the interpretation of the character? Were you happy with the way she bit the dust?

JQ: Ultimate Gwen was interesting, if I'm not mistaken, Brian's not finished with the concept of Ultimate Gwen just yet.
Clone saga *****es! It's coming!

Fun fact: Theres still a Gwen Stacy clone loose in 616, editors told the writers to do away with her time and time again during the clone saga and it just never heppened.

DIrishB said:
Please tell me you're kidding. Isn't this a verbal interview? How could he insert a joking smiley if thats the case?
He's just posting a bunch of replies to message board questions, theres no reason to go verbal with that. Hell, he can do most of it in a free half hour anywhere with an internet connection.

I could almost see them portraying Gah Lak Tus as a race of bio-mechanical insects. Like a F***ed up version of the Borg. They've always portrayed Galactus to be more of a force of nature anyway. If they go with Gah Lak Tus being a race of bio-mechanical beings I could see Reed come up with some computer virus that would destroy them all.

For some reason the fact that Galactus is now robotic bugs makes me wonder one thing... Who made them all? It's a question that I hope is answered. I mean, we've got these bugs destroying entire planets and obviously another being out them together. Something's gotta be said for the Galactus bug.

icemastertron said:
I am kidding. Did you not read my post above quoting Guij?

I know he's really black. I was just saying he wasnt colored black before, and probably was a mistake or something.

Oh yeah, the smiley- : ) or : P without the spaces.

I've never seen those in any of his interviews. He was black and always has been black.

Goodwill said:
For some reason the fact that Galactus is now robotic bugs makes me wonder one thing... Who made them all? It's a question that I hope is answered. I mean, we've got these bugs destroying entire planets and obviously another being out them together. Something's gotta be said for the Galactus bug.
Who said galactus is robotic bugs? Maybe it's just armour, alien planet, strange atmosphere..
And, what if the bugs are just drones, and galactus is the queen.

I say this, but I know you'll not remember and ask the same question again at some point :)

Guijllons said:
Oh yeah.

What was the Ultimate title that didn't have ultimate in the title thing mentioned?

There's only two possibilities:

Marvel Boy by Grant Morrison

or

Trouble by Mark Millar.

Now that you mention it, I think it is Trouble.

But Marvel Boy doesn't really fit into the UU. Trouble does.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not happy with how Galactus is being portrayed. I want a single... hungry... being.

And I agree about Fury always being Black. He's always looked black. Whoever disagrees must be color blind.

Which is Ice.

Ice, you made my day!! Ultimate Hulk? THANK YOU MA'AM !

Hadn't multiple beings been theorized from the first sketch of Ultimate Extinction? Gah Lak Tus and all? Why are we surprised that they departed from the humanoid shape, especially after the Chitauri/Skrull and the Kree?

Latest posts

Back