Newsarama's Interview with Brian Michael Bendis

With a promised devastating event in the upcoming mini-series Ultimatum looming on the horizon of the Ultimate Universe, for MJ and Peter, this question -- defined by series writer Brian Michael Bendis as "Should they or shouldn't they?" -- is the one that looms even greater.

Do you know how much that makes sense? If we had that kind of eye for characterization in all of the books and stories played to the character's strengths, personalities, and themes...we wouldn't need the rubbish Ultimatum event.

Yeah, it's a tough sell, because it's a touchy subject that has to be handled appropriately. But then I brought up that, I said, "You know, you've got another Ultimate book where the brother and sister are making out in front of Captain America! And I can't have a conversation about this?" I mean, come on. This is something that's real. This is something that happens. Anyway, that's how I sold it.

I am loving the idea that other writers are going to be able to tell stories by comparing their stories to Ultimates 3 and saying, "This is better than that. And you published that!"

lol

I am loving the idea that other writers are going to be able to tell stories by comparing their stories to Ultimates 3 and saying, "This is better than that. And you published that!"

lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't get it. I'd rather see Spidey fight a villain than waste an episode wondering if Peter's gonna beat cheeks.

Eh... So it makes sense, I guess, but we can all see how it's going to turn out. "I'm sorry Mary Jane. I totally wanna plow you. But with great power comes great responsibility."

It took like a year to green light this issue, and I'm really happy about it. We're going to do a special Ultimate Spider-Man Annual that deals with the subject of Peter and MJ's burgeoning physical relationship. It's a story that everyone jokes about online, or they ask about seriously. They're teenagers who are in love and they've been through all this stuff. Should they or shouldn't they?

Best comic ever

MJ - "Ewww peter I think your web shooters just squirted me in the face"
Peter - "That wasn't my webshooters and that's not webbing"
MJ - :shock:

My spidersense is tingling....

EDIT:

And that's another thing too, you can remember certain things from high school like that. Of course, they're not giant disasters that Jeph Loeb wrote for you, but you can remember things happening in your life that defined your relationships with your friends.

Is Bendis trying to tell us something?

Last edited:
Best comic ever

MJ - "Ewww peter I think your web shooters just squirted me in the face"
Peter - "That wasn't my webshooters and that's not webbing"
MJ - :shock:

Post of the Day.

I see Museum potential for this thread.

I don't get it. I'd rather see Spidey fight a villain than waste an episode wondering if Peter's gonna beat cheeks.

It says in the interview Spidey will fight someone too. It's just while he's fighting...he wants sex. It could be a really good issue.

Thats gotta be embarrassing...fighting a super-villains in your tights while sporting a boner!

It stops them grabbing him though right? I mean who would grab a man in tights with a boner? Besides possibly TOG the answer is no one.

Latest posts

Back