newuniversal (pre-release discussion)

Joe Kalicki

If this series is really an ultimization of the old New Universe series I'd like to see it connected to the Ultimate multverse in some way. Maybe something really subtle, but something that definately connects it to the UU.

I never wanted any crossovers with the UU and other universes before, but was somehow excited when I first heard about Ultimate Power. Before I read it.

So, sight unseen, those are my thoughts on it. It might completely not fit at all.

Either way, I'm looking forward to reading the book. Ellis lost favor with me for a while, but he's regained my faith with Nextwave.

I never followed the New Universe. Actually, I've only read one issue from it. A John Byrne Starbrand. Unless you count the Net Prophet appearances in Spider-Man 2099.

It'll be fun to see one book tackling an entire universe. It's been tried a few times, but mostly in creator-owned books. Again, except 2099. And that was a disaster.

But Ellis is better than Joe Kelly and Ben Raab combined.

Last edited:
Re: newuniversal

conceptually, newuniversal is to the New Universe, as the UU is to the Ultimate Universe, and Supreme Power is to the original Squadron Supreme.

That being said, I don't want this to be addressed, unless Ellis does it and makes it brilliant.

conceptually, newuniversal is to the New Universe, as the UU is to the Ultimate Universe, and Supreme Power is to the original Squadron Supreme.

That being said, I don't want this to be addressed, unless Ellis does it and makes it brilliant.

Well, I guess I'd just rather it wasn't ruled out, more than actually showing it

Something to have around, just in case.

At the moment this is the only new Marvel book that I'm actually planning to pick up in the future, though I've considered not buying it in protest of Nextwave's cancellation.

It'll be fun to see one book tackling an entire universe. It's been tried a few times, but mostly in creator-owned books. Again, except 2099. And that was a disaster.

But Ellis is better than Joe Kelly and Ben Raab combined.

They tried it in Supreme Power also. Which was (is?) a disaster as well.

I'll pick up newuniversal though, sounds interesting.

though I've considered not buying it in protest of Nextwave's cancellation.
Yeah, the best way to show Marvel not to cancel an Ellis book is by not buying them. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back