Night of Owls crossover (spoilers)

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
So, Batman #8 came out and with it, Doc's first backup story. Unfortunately, there's not much to say about it since it serves to set up the hook for the Bat-book crossovers, but it did the job well and was nicely written. Good use of pacing and all that.

Just thought I'd mention it. I'll probably have more to say once we actually get to the meat of his story.

Re: Doc Strangefate is writing backup stories on BATMAN! SRSLY!

DSF's back-up is also currently free as part of the Night of Owls booklet on Comixology for people like me who don't believe in money.

Batman has some sweet armour.

I normally hate special armor like this but it looks good and fits the story.

I agree with Zombi in that there isn't a ton to say about it because it really is setting up the entire crossover, but it did a great job to pique my interest. I'm sold.

Re: Doc Strangefate is writing backup stories on BATMAN! SRSLY!

I normally hate special armor like this but it looks good and fits the story.

I agree with Zombi in that there isn't a ton to say about it because it really is setting up the entire crossover, but it did a great job to pique my interest. I'm sold.

I did like the dense layout on the two-page spread. I take it those are the targets that are going to be focused on in the tie-in books.

I wanted to split the Night of Owls-specific discussion away from the DSF congratulatory thread because it seems interesting enough to talk more about.

The only other book I've read in the crossover is Nightwing (one of the better New 52 books, actually), where Bruce discovers that one of the Court of Owls is Dick Greyson's great-grandfather who was sent specifically to kill him and actually stabs him pretty good.

Do we know anything more yet about the identities of the Court of Owls? Are we looking at more "zombies" from the past like this, each with personal grudges against various people?

From what's been said in interviews, it sounds less like the focus will be on personal grudges and more an opportunity to explore various aspects of Gotham's history by utilizing owls from different eras.

A question: in Batman #9 it starts: "The first members of my family to live in the manor were Solomon and Joshua Wayne - brothers. They bought the house in 1855"

I thought it was established, at least in Return of Bruce Wayne, that it was built at the time when the Waynes and Van Derms were joined by marriage...? It's kind of an important plot point in RoBW.

Batman & Robin #9 was good. Damien Wayne is one of my favorite comic characters.

I like that Night Of The Owls is bringing the best out of the lower-tier Batman books.

I thought it was established, at least in Return of Bruce Wayne, that it was built at the time when the Waynes and Van Derms were joined by marriage...? It's kind of an important plot point in RoBW.

That happened before the reboot of the DC Universe.

I worry that the format for this crossover is going to get old since it's basically just "Guy fights owl-ninja that has coincidental circumstances to hero". I was quite fond of Batgirl, which took the tropiness of the whole affair and made it into something pretty brilliant. Way more complexity than any of the other tie-ins I've read while actually managing to fill in a couple questions about the circumstances of the event as a whole.

I just caught up on Batman and really love the idea behind the character of Lincoln March, and how even though it was pretty firmly established that he's not Bruce's long lost brother, there is just enough doubt to make it worth keeping in the back of your mind.

If I'm being totally honest, I wasn't completely sold on a Talon series before reading these last couple of issues but I am on board now. Court of Owls was a great story.

Latest posts

Back