Nintendo DS thread

Re: I got a DS Lite today...

As far as I know, the only way you can get WWT is used...it's out of print or whatever the equivalent is in video games. I've seen it going for as much as $60 but I picked it up at Gamestop for $25.
Games still "sell out". :p

As far as I know, the only way you can get WWT is used...it's out of print or whatever the equivalent is in video games. I've seen it going for as much as $60 but I picked it up at Gamestop for $25.

Yeah, I just checked out the prices online. Cheapest I could find was $49.98. Must've been a good game. However, I'm not willing to pay that high a price for a DS game. I think I'll wait on that one and hope Nintendo is smart enough to re-release it in some way so I can buy it for at least $20 less.

However, I'll keep an eye out, just in case I see it somewhere for cheap, and most likely used. But as long as it works I'm good with it, used or not.

Games still "sell out". :p

I guess...

Surprised though, that there arent more copies being shipped out. Especially with a game that's really popular.

Surprised though, that there arent more copies being shipped out. Especially with a game that's really popular.

Sometimes they just don't make more. It was the same with Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow. They just re-released it in November because they had PoR coming out. Before that it was $50+

Sometimes they just don't make more. It was the same with Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow. They just re-released it in November because they had PoR coming out. Before that it was $50+

I really wish they'd re-release the older Castlevania games, either on GBA or NDS (and ideally a collection of the older games, even if they do update the graphics a little). Hell, even a Gamecube or Wii collection with a fair amount would be sweet! I'm not sure if there are rights issues in terms of the Playstation Castlevania games, but even so, it should be possible to release the games Nintendo (or whatever company) has the rights to.

I've always been a Metroid fan, so that was my game series of choice, but I've enjoyed every Castlevania game I've ever played (which is honestly probably half a dozen). I did play the N64 version, and that wasn't as terrible as some make it out to be, but it was hardly worth playing a second time at all (though to be fair, if I played a Metroid game like that, I'd probably be one of those extremely disappointed, hardcore fans *****ing about it to their friends or on a message board).

I really wish they'd re-release the older Castlevania games, either on GBA or NDS (and ideally a collection of the older games, even if they do update the graphics a little). Hell, even a Gamecube or Wii collection with a fair amount would be sweet! I'm not sure if there are rights issues in terms of the Playstation Castlevania games, but even so, it should be possible to release the games Nintendo (or whatever company) has the rights to.

I've always been a Metroid fan, so that was my game series of choice, but I've enjoyed every Castlevania game I've ever played (which is honestly probably half a dozen). I did play the N64 version, and that wasn't as terrible as some make it out to be, but it was hardly worth playing a second time at all (though to be fair, if I played a Metroid game like that, I'd probably be one of those extremely disappointed, hardcore fans *****ing about it to their friends or on a message board).

Well, I know Symphony of the Night is getting a X-Box live release, but I'd love a DS or GBA release of say 1-4 on one cart. I've never gotten to play 3 and I've wanted to since I read a review of it when i was a wee tyke...

Well, I know Symphony of the Night is getting a X-Box live release, but I'd love a DS or GBA release of say 1-4 on one cart. I've never gotten to play 3 and I've wanted to since I read a review of it when i was a wee tyke...

I remember playing it as a kid...all I really remember was you could play as Alucard. I used to have Castlevania 1 & 2. I only played Castlevania 3 a few times, since it was my buddy's and we were usually too busy playing one of several Mario or baseball games, Off-Road, or Marble Madness. I don't think I ever got past the first or second level. I also had one of the GB Castlevania games, whichever one it was that had Sonia Belmont.

I played Symphony of Night at a friends, as well as the N64 version. So that's maybe a third, a fourth of all the Castlevania games?

Well, lets see here, we had

Nintendo

Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania 64
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness

On the Game boy

Castlevania Adventure
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania Legends (The Sonia one)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Genesis

Castlevania: Bloodlines
Castlevania: Dracula X

Playstation

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania Chronicals (Really just an upgraded 1)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

And thats just in America. :?

Well, lets see here, we had

Nintendo

Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Super Castlevania IV (Forgot I used to have this one)
Castlevania 64
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness

On the Game boy

Castlevania Adventure
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania Legends
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Genesis

Castlevania: Bloodlines
Castlevania: Dracula X

Playstation

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania Chronicals (Really just an upgraded 1)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

And thats just in America. :?

Yeah, so I've played about a third, then.

I got the DS browser today. I have to say I felt like a bit of a retard paying $25 for a web browser, but I felt slightly redeemed after finding that it also comes with some hardware in the form of a memory expansion thingee (which apparently can be used with some games but I'm not sure I get how).

The browser is based on Opera and seems to work well. I haven't tried going to any rich media sites so I don't know how it handles Flash and other things, but so far everything I've looked at has displayed correctly.

It seems a little slow, but I don't believe it's the browser and if I had to guess I'd say it was due to memory limitations in the DS. The PSP browser has similar problems.

But it's a cool little function and makes the DS much more useful to me.

How does it work, do you need to be in a spot with wireless or is it like its ow little wireless card???

How does it work, do you need to be in a spot with wireless or is it like its ow little wireless card???

The DS has built-in wifi. If you have an Internet connection but no wifi you can get a Nintendo wifi adapter thingee that plugs into the USB port on your computer.

I'm posting this from my DS!

From E3, Nintendo has shown a crossword game coming out for the DS. Definetly gonna grab that. And Mario Party DS likely as well. Will also likely be getting the Zelda Phantom Hourglass game, too.

From E3, Nintendo has shown a crossword game coming out for the DS. Definetly gonna grab that. And Mario Party DS likely as well. Will also likely be getting the Zelda Phantom Hourglass game, too.

I am so jazzed for Phantom Hourglass. Can't wait.

Wonder what's so special about the crossword puzzle. Is it supposed to be better than the New York Times Puzzle game? I have that...it's pretty good, but pretty hard.

Did anyone else get the web browser?

Will also likely be getting the Zelda Phantom Hourglass game, too.

I am so jazzed for Phantom Hourglass. Can't wait.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah! :rockon:

Other than that, I think I'm just getting Brain Age 2 and some of the FF titles, whenever they come out. I'm not keen on the idea of a portable Mario Party, although the fact that its WiFi enabled might make it decent. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back