Nintendo DS thread

My DS broke, and now i have it back, playing FFIII ALL the time. Great game :D

I didnt get the browser since its pretty much useless to me. When school is over, and i am going to travel I will pick it up. Also I use this homebrew called Beup as msn, so im good for now !

There's a new game called Jam Sessions coming. You can essentially play guitar (literally) with your DS. It's a step up from Guitar Hero.

If I can find the video, I'll show you guys.

There's a new game called Jam Sessions coming. You can essentially play guitar (literally) with your DS. It's a step up from Guitar Hero.

If I can find the video, I'll show you guys.

I saw that. Looks like it is working really freakin' good.

Finally got a wireless router at home, so if anyone ever wants to play me in Metroid, Star Fox, etc let me know.

Here's a list of upcoming releases, from the same place I got the list for the Wii games:

Nintendo DS
Oct. 15: Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day from Nintendo
Oct. 16: Thrillville: Off the Rails from LucasArts
Oct. 22: EA PLAYGROUND from Electronic Arts
Oct. 23: THE SIMS 2 CASTAWAY from Electronic Arts
Oct. 23: FRONT MISSION from Square Enix, Inc.
Oct. 23: NARUTO: Path of the Ninja from TOMY Corporation
Oct. 30: NEED FOR SPEED PROSTREET from Electronic Arts
Oct. 30: THE SIMPSONS from Electronic Arts
Oct. 30: Puzzle de Harvest Moon from Natsume Inc.
Oct. 31: Dementium: The Ward from Gamecock Media Group
October: Shrek: Ogres and Dronkeys from Activision
October: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground from Activision
October: Touch Detective 2½ from Atlus USA
October: Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth from THQ
October: SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis from THQ
Nov. 6: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga from LucasArts
Nov. 6: DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker from Square Enix, Inc.
Nov. 13: BOOGIE from Electronic Arts
Nov. 13: ORCS & ELVES from Electronic Arts
Nov. 13: Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends from Majesco Entertainment
Nov. 13: Geometry Wars: Galaxies from Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
Nov. 19: Mario Party DS from Nintendo
Nov. 20: Godzilla Unleashed Double Smash from Atari, Inc.
Nov. 20: FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS from Square Enix, Inc.
Nov. 26: Master of Illusion from Nintendo
November: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from Activision
November: Contra 4 from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
November: Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command from THQ
November: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 from THQ
November: Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword from Tecmo, Inc.
November: Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 from Ubisoft
Jan. 21: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin from Nintendo
January: Miami Nights from Ubisoft
Feb. 4: Professor Layton and the Curious Village from Nintendo
Feb. 19: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer from SEGA
February: Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft
March: Insecticide from Gamecock Media Group
Q1: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games from SEGA

So many games (from here and the Wii) and not enough money!!!

Last edited:
SUPER DODGEBALL IS COMING BACK!

Coming Spring 2008, Super Dodgeball: Brawler will be released for the DS! It's gonna be more awesome with weapons and what not that you can now throw to your oponents.

And of course, wireless multiplayer!

w00000000t! :rockon:

SUPER DODGEBALL IS COMING BACK!

Coming Spring 2008, Super Dodgeball: Brawler will be released for the DS! It's gonna be more awesome with weapons and what not that you can now throw to your oponents.

And of course, wireless multiplayer!

w00000000t! :rockon:

Super dosgeball?

Super dosgeball?
It was one of the most awesomest game for the NES.

super_dodge_ball_box.JPG

superdodgeball.jpg

superdodgeball-3.png

That'll prolly utilize the duel screen pretty well. Bottom screen'll be your team's side... The top screen will be your opponent... That'll be cool.

Nintendo sued....over DS design.

Yahoo! Games reports:

Thanks to its innovative design and wealth of fantastic games, the Nintendo DS has scrambled to the top of the handheld gaming war, making the hardware wizards at Nintendo the darlings of the games industry.

But what if they don't hold the patent on the touchy tech?

As reported by video game blog Gamepolitics, John R. Martin has filed a complaint alleging that he owns the patent on the system's lauded touch screen. While the patent was updated in August of 2005 -- a full six months after Nintendo launched the DS -- it was originally filed a decade earlier in 1995.

The patent seems to cover the key input ingredient of Nintendo's popular handheld, citing "an improved method of operating a touch screen on a CRT or ICD computer screen [that] uses finger release as input registering" in "an electronic game device system [which] is switchable between an amusement mode and a gaming or gambling mode and is useful for vehicles such as airplanes or boats..."Sounds a little like the DS to us, minus the gambling bit.

Re: Nintendo sued....over DS design.

Yahoo! Games reports:

Thanks to its innovative design and wealth of fantastic games, the Nintendo DS has scrambled to the top of the handheld gaming war, making the hardware wizards at Nintendo the darlings of the games industry.

But what if they don't hold the patent on the touchy tech?

As reported by video game blog Gamepolitics, John R. Martin has filed a complaint alleging that he owns the patent on the system's lauded touch screen. While the patent was updated in August of 2005 -- a full six months after Nintendo launched the DS -- it was originally filed a decade earlier in 1995.

The patent seems to cover the key input ingredient of Nintendo's popular handheld, citing "an improved method of operating a touch screen on a CRT or ICD computer screen [that] uses finger release as input registering" in "an electronic game device system [which] is switchable between an amusement mode and a gaming or gambling mode and is useful for vehicles such as airplanes or boats..."Sounds a little like the DS to us, minus the gambling bit.
I have no love (or hate) for Nintendo, but what an ***.

Touch screens have been used by numerous other consumer electronic companies for decades, and he sues NOW?

So my DS is broken now. That'd be my fault.

I was just now playing FF4, and my whole party died. I got annoyed because my party kept getting with a thunder attack while I tried to revive them. Then when the last guy fell and it was game over, I squeezed the top part of the DS in anger - and then I heard a pop.

So now the top screen is broken and I have to get a new DS.

Part of me is torn and part not. The reason as to the not partly torn is because I didn't buy the DS. It was a gift from someone who was a friend (not no more). He had given it to me for Christmas around 4 years ago, I think it was.

But I think when I buy one now, I might just stick with the big clunky version. I don't know why, but I just prefer it over the Lite.

I didn't even know we had a Nintendo DS thread.

I discovered the DS last month when my girlfriend bought it as an impulse buy.

I borrowed it for ten days and took it to work and amazed people with my Advance Wars: Dual Strike awesomeness only to embarrass myself during lunch break by talking to my Nintendog.

As if the fact that the DS itself was pink wasn't enough to get me stares on the jeep commute home.

I didn't even know we had a Nintendo DS thread.

I discovered the DS last month when my girlfriend bought it as an impulse buy.

I borrowed it for ten days and took it to work and amazed people with my Advance Wars: Dual Strike awesomeness only to embarrass myself during lunch break by talking to my Nintendog.

As if the fact that the DS itself was pink wasn't enough to get me stares on the jeep commute home.

Nintendogs is great. I had the Labrador version (it reminded me of the Andrex puppy so I needed it :lol:)

Latest posts

Back