Nintendo Wii discussion

I'm not saying that...

:lol: Say what you will, but the Wii is a novelty game system. There's nothing valuable in it other than that. The controllers not being thought out enough to spawn all these attachments only proves it. I'll ****in' sell mine to whoever wants it.

I'm not saying that...

:lol: Say what you will, but the Wii is a novelty game system. There's nothing valuable in it other than that. The controllers not being thought out enough to spawn all these attachments only proves it. I'll ****in' sell mine to whoever wants it.

"Thought out"? Seems pretty convenient to me that you don't have to buy separate $60 controllers. And who knows; it could have been a matter of the technology not being there when the system was introduced; it's not like the controller couldn't handle 3d motion before this.

And your claim that there is no value in the system is odd; it's not like people are buying it and not buying games. Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy...all are big hits.

"Thought out"? Seems pretty convenient to me that you don't have to buy separate $60 controllers. And who knows; it could have been a matter of the technology not being there when the system was introduced; it's not like the controller couldn't handle 3d motion before this.

And your claim that there is no value in the system is odd; it's not like people are buying it and not buying games. Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy...all are big hits.

Not to mention hospitals across the country utilizing it for physical therapy patients.

ZOMG Guys!!!! Mega Man 9 came out on the VC on Monday!!!!

I just got it last night. So far I got about an hour and 20 minutes worth of play time and I still can't get past one damn level (I've tried 3). I'm sure they made it even harder than the classic!

Now, didn't someone make a thread for this? I can't find it...

zomg guys!!!! Mega man 9 came out on the vc on monday!!!!

I just got it last night. So far i got about an hour and 20 minutes worth of play time and i still can't get past one damn level (i've tried 3). I'm sure they made it even harder than the classic!

Now, didn't someone make a thread for this? I can't find it...

I was going to get MM9, but then Vectorman was released on the same day

If you haven't given Vectorman a shot, do so, it's more or less Megaman with Donkey Kong country graphics, and Wall-E's plot

and he can shoot in 8 directions

I'll pick up Megaman 9 if I ever get around to picking up another Wiipoints card

So I got Wii Fit for my parents a while ago and I finally got around to hooking it up for them. And even though setting up the account is boring as hell, this is an amazing game. The level of detail the game can calculate is crazy. My mom gets freaked how much it knows.

So me and Lyn are going to get a Wii together as I wouldn't mind one again and she really wants one. So, Smash bros is a must for me. But I had some questions to people on here with wiis.

1st) Is the "New Play Control" games worth it? I see Mario tennis is comming to that and I do love my mario Tennis.

2nd) Wii Music any good?

3rd) How is Animal crossing?

4th) Is Wiispeak worth getting? I know its boxed with Animal crossing but wondered if it was good quality or not worth getting.

5th) How is clone wars? (another must for me at some point)

clone wars is fun. wii music is nostalgic. animal crossing is meh and i haven't had a chance to use the mic because i don't care for talking to people over a game where I can't really talk **** to people.

but is Wii-music fun? I heard it's non licensed music and not a good selection. Someone else said it was great.

I have WiiMusic and it's OK. I've only played it once if that tells you anything. It was a Christmas gift. I don't dislike it, it's just only OK.

Same story with Clone Wars. Not too bad. I've played it more than once but I thought it would be a lot cooler than it is.

I have WiiMusic and it's OK. I've only played it once if that tells you anything. It was a Christmas gift. I don't dislike it, it's just only OK.

Same story with Clone Wars. Not too bad. I've played it more than once but I thought it would be a lot cooler than it is.

Thanks dude. Yeah looking at Wii games that out or coming out soon here and the top choices for me are :

• Smash bros
  • New Play Control Mario Tennis
  • Dead rising (though lack of picture mode makes me :()
  • MySims Party
  • SimAminals
  • No More Heroes
  • Disney Think Fast
  • Animal crossing
  • Mysims Kingdom

Will not get them all will get 2-3. besides Smash bros as my last wii broke a month or two before it came out. I can't decide.

So me and Lyn are going to get a Wii together as I wouldn't mind one again and she really wants one. So, Smash bros is a must for me. But I had some questions to people on here with wiis.
I all honesty dude

don't waste your money

I completley regret buying mine, after SSBB failed to hold my attention for a couple months (while SSBM and 64 held my attention for years) I haven't used it for anything except a couple sessions of Vectorman and Earthworm Jim, which just isn't the same with the crappy Wii controllers.

Save your cash

Do not listen to Gemini!

1st) Is the "New Play Control" games worth it? I see Mario tennis is comming to that and I do love my mario Tennis.
It really all depends on the game.

2nd) Wii Music any good?
From what I've seen, not really. It's a disappointment from what I thought it was going to be. You might still enjoy it, so who knows.

3rd) How is Animal crossing?
Animal Crossing is a nice game when you just want to relax and enjoy a calm and quiet time, taking a break from all the other types of games. It's quiet nice, though nothing much new from the previous versions. It is fun playing with someone else when they come to your town, or you go to theirs.

4th) Is Wiispeak worth getting? I know its boxed with Animal crossing but wondered if it was good quality or not worth getting.
Not all are boxed with Animal Crossing. I ordered mine without it. As for if it's worth it...well, not sure. There's no headset, it's just a mic/speaker that everyone can hear what others are saying.

5th) How is clone wars? (another must for me at some point)
Never played it, don't know.

Last edited:
I all honesty dude

don't waste your money

I completley regret buying mine, after SSBB failed to hold my attention for a couple months (while SSBM and 64 held my attention for years) I haven't used it for anything except a couple sessions of Vectorman and Earthworm Jim, which just isn't the same with the crappy Wii controllers.

Save your cash

Yeah except it's not just my decision to make. By not just mine I mean it is her decision entirely (except for games) and thought hinting that I had some say in it would make me look slightly more in charge

Do not listen to Gemini!

That should be a rule on this site :lol: :p

It really all depends on the game.

The Mario Tennis one? It looks pretty cool but can't decide if it's good or just rushed.

Which games would you recommended for it? I heard Mario Baseball is crap with very little of the game been actual baseball.

Which games would you recommended for it? I heard Mario Baseball is crap with very little of the game been actual baseball.
That's not true. It's actually a lot of fun, and it's even better with a 2nd player (as most games are anyways). The game is actually mostly baseball, with some minigames, which are better now with the Wii controls than predecessor.

The only thing is that the motions aren't exactly like Wii Sports baseball, but even then the game is much enjoyable.

That's not true. It's actually a lot of fun, and it's even better with a 2nd player (as most games are anyways). The game is actually mostly baseball, with some minigames, which are better now with the Wii controls than predecessor.

The only thing is that the motions aren't exactly like Wii Sports baseball, but even then the game is much enjoyable.

Cool, I might check that out when it comes to Europe.

Latest posts

Back