NYCC Ultimate Universe Panel-new UFF creative team revealed, and more...

Lynx said:
You mean Loki not being a part of Thor's psyche doesn't give it away?

No. Nothing has been definitely proven either way. Millar left it open for interpretation on purpose.

"Loki" seems to be real, but how do we know for sure that he is an Asgardian god? We don't. We have indications either way, but nothing definite.

UltimateE said:
No. Nothing has been definitely proven either way. Millar left it open for interpretation on purpose.

"Loki" seems to be real, but how do we know for sure that he is an Asgardian god? We don't. We have indications either way, but nothing definite.

Well, on the opposite side, Asgard may not be the Asgardian "heaven". It may something completely different.

Who knows. . .maybe the Asgaurdians are something similiar to the Eternals in the Ultimate Universe. Early Earth mutations. Or Second Tier mutations. Think Earth X.

UltimateE said:

I also like that we still don't know. And I hope they are both bat**** crazy. 2 super powered whackjob brothers who think they are gods. That's more entertaining to me than actual gods.

I don't think the UU should have gods interacting with normal folk.

The McCheese vote: No Asgard.

I have spoken. It is final. Let my will be done.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
What's funny is that everyone is automatically thinking Asgard is the actual place like in 616.

:?

When Joe Q says 616 crossover, that tells me they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything.

Maybe if Warren Ellis or Grant Morrison were writing it. Otherwise, no.

icemastertron said:
What's funny is that everyone is automatically thinking Asgard is the actual place like in 616.

:?
You're right. Assumptions make an *** out of someone. I forget who. I hope Ultimate Asgard is an insane asylum.

He and Loki can share a padded room.:wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:
UltimateE said:
Ultimate Asgard?

616 crossover?

Looks like it's time to start the fire and shut down the site. Nice knowing you guys.

:twisted:

It's all Seldes fault
Which of those is my fault? And how, oh pray tell, is it my fault? I would have told them an Ultimate/616 crossover was a horrifically bad idea if they'd asked me.

On the other hand.... if I thought someone could do a creative job on "ultimizing" Asgard in keeping with the amubiguity we've had with Thor all along, I'd be willing to read it. I've actually seen some pretty interesting takes on Greek and Norse mythologies in fiction over the years. Not holding my breath until they locate someone creative to do it, mind you, but if....

Oh, wait, we're talking about Marvel's management, aren't we? Maybe I should just run along and get UltimateE some lighter fluid and matches.

Seldes Katne said:
Oh, wait, we're talking about Marvel's management, aren't we? Maybe I should just run along and get UltimateE some lighter fluid and matches.
Seldes!

Say it ain't so!!

I feel betrayed... :cry:

Oh, sorry, Ice. I'm just having an over-reaction to reading the first trade of Astonishing X-Men, where I not only have to see Emma Frost and her sorry excuse for a wardrobe (again? still?), but also see that the X-Men are back in those cringe-worthy spandex outfits after previously being allowed to wear clothes that were actually respectable. (Hate spandex. Hate it. It should be at the top of the list of controlled substances that are illegal to own....)

Besides, it's Ash Wednesday, and I'm off chocolate for the next few weeks. So I may be a little crankier than usual. :(

Seldes Katne said:
Besides, it's Ash Wednesday, and I'm off chocolate for the next few weeks. So I may be a little crankier than usual. :(

Don't worry Seldes. You couldn't be any worse than MWoF. He's the biggest crank there is on this site.

Thanks for the reassurance, Watcher. I appreciate it. (Although I have to say I personally don't think MWoF is a crank. :) )

But let's wait until I've gone a whole month without chocolate and see if you still think he's got me beat.... :wink:

Seldes Katne said:
Thanks for the reassurance, Watcher. I appreciate it. (Although I have to say I personally don't think MWoF is a crank. :) )

But let's wait until I've gone a whole month without chocolate and see if you still think he's got me beat.... :wink:

Crank was the only word I could think of that wouldn't get me band. Oh, and trust me I can handle cranky people. My little sister as a child was a nightmare. I mean my brothers and I could be to blame, for some of the stuff. But you did not want to get her mad!

One time I came home after playin' with some friends, and found my brothers had locked her in her room. For what... I can't remember. She was screamin' and kicking the door till she put her foot in the door! I never said anything but some times she scared the crap out of me. Some guys may say women can't fight. But those guys never had sisters. Men might fight with their fist. But women use everything. They use crazy style, and MWoF is the same.

But if you really want to get him mad. Just call him a Whipping Boy. That will get him P.O.'ed.

A 616/UU crossover is the only thing that would make me drop the Ultimate line as a whole. No matter how much I complain about something (Like my arguement about the Shi'ar being aliens with Ice), I'd suck it up and take it. But, if the two universes ever cross, for me, it means two things:

1) I can no longer be a completist. I collect all of the Ultimate Universe and Marvel Zombies because of it's association with the UU. It would be near impossible to do that if the UU crossed over with 616.

2) It means that the UU is an alternate universe, not a reimaging, and it loses, in my eyes, all credibility.

I can live with Ultimate Asgard; not a 616/UU crossover.

Well I guess Quesada found that greatest script ever. Because, that's what he said it would take to make a 1610/616 crossover.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Well I guess Quesada found that greatest script ever. Because, that's what he said it would take to make a 1610/616 crossover.

We're not even completely sure that's what it is. Some people have reported it's a intra-Universe crossover (Including Queseda a few weeks back). CBR says differently. We'll have to see.

Lynx said:
We're not even completely sure that's what it is. Some people have reported it's a intra-Universe crossover (Including Queseda a few weeks back). CBR says differently. We'll have to see.

Oh, ok. But if it is it. It better be good.

Gawd you guys are whiney!

"Oh I'll drop the entire Ultimate line if they EVER do a UU/616 crossover"

Come ON!

Okay, let's face it here; in comic, EVERY universe is an alternate universe! The very fact that the 616 has a number tells you that it is, in fact, part of a multiversial plane of universes AND that it is not the original universe!
Also, if the Ultimate Universe is on a plane of stacked universes, then it IS an alternate universe to everyone in those universes!
AND since the UFF were able to enter an alternate universe that was almost identical to the 616 (pre-Zombification) hints at the possibility of that being, like, Marvel 617 or 618 or something! Meaning that the Ultimate Universe is, at its worst, an alternate universe in the same multiverse as the 616, and, at its best, an alternate universe within its very own multiversial plain.

And man, don't even get me started on people whining about Ultimate Asgard and Norse Gods and stuff! Listen, a story can be great. It can be the greatest story ever! It can be a defining moment for a writer/artist...and yet if he stretches the original idea for too long, or even tries to maintain that same idea...it usually becomes boring (and then you guys will be whining about THAT, no doubt!) and/or just falls apart.
Ultimate Asgard may be coming too soon...but it would have sure as hell showed up in the years to come when Bendis is finally done hoarding Ultimate Spider-Man all for himself and Bryan Singer FINALLY "writes" UXM!
Friends, the sequel to "The Dark Night Returns" proves this. Some ideas are finite. No matter how much you love them, sometimes you gotta say "buh-bye" and keep on moving.

I don't mind when people discuss things. I don't mind when people debate things. But when people whine about something...Worse still: when people whine about something that we know nothing about beyond a few words that may or may not have been uttered by one of the biggest hucksters on the face of the planet and have been mentioned on, like, one internet site (that "crossover")...well, that's when I just give up and hand UltimateE his damn lighter fluid.

Can't wait to hear the rebuttles and the disses coming my way. Maybe somebody will even have something original and amusing to say. Like, say, a well-presented argument.

*storms off to fetch lighter fluid

Nas-T! said:
Gawd you guys are whiney!

And you are whining about the whining.

So what does that make you?

Latest posts

Back