Omega-Level Mutants.

So they actually said, "Mister Sinister was right, Cyclops has two brothers"? That was a throw-away line in X-Men #27 or something. And they called him Vulcan? How odd. (Goes into the interweb to find out more about him...)

Not reading Bru's Uncanny, are ya?

It's his pet character and he's horribly 2 dimensional. There are few characters I hate so much to the point of not being able to wait until they're retconned to hell or forgotten and never spoken about again.

So they actually said, "Mister Sinister was right, Cyclops has two brothers"? That was a throw-away line in X-Men #27 or something. And they called him Vulcan? How odd. (Goes into the interweb to find out more about him...)

You didn't read X-Men: Deadly Genesis? It was actually very good...and that's coming from someone who can't usually stand X-Men stories.

Not reading Bru's Uncanny, are ya?

Isn't Astonishing X-Men the only X-title being produced at the moment? I thought all the other X-titles got cancelled after Morrison's run.

It's his pet character and he's horribly 2 dimensional. There are few characters I hate so much to the point of not being able to wait until they're retconned to hell or forgotten and never spoken about again.

I have to say, I looked at him on wikipedia and hated him after just a couple of sentences. Hideously convoluted origin and 'god' powers. Yay.

You didn't read X-Men: Deadly Genesis? It was actually very good...and that's coming from someone who can't usually stand X-Men stories.

I didn't. I don't even know what it is about.

Isn't Astonishing X-Men the only X-title being produced at the moment? I thought all the other X-titles got cancelled after Morrison's run.

I wish that wasn't so, but that's about right.

With Mutants

So, we have something that's beginning and is bad, maybe even life threatening involving people who could be mutants, or maybe obessed with the letter X.

So, I think me and E did a good job of explaining the title to you Bass

Last edited:
Wait.

Omega-Level being 'the most powerful mutant' and Iceman is one?! Mr Immortal from the Great Lakes Avengers is one?! And who are Vulcan, Mister M and Elixir?

What about Cassandra Nova or Apocalypse?
What's so surprising about Iceman? He can control ice, and can actually bring upon the world a new ice age. He *can* do it, he just doesn't have the mind to because how much he slacks. A lot of his omega-level power was shown when Emma Frost took over his mind (an accident) and was about to travel in water at around the speed of light or so. There's a lot of things Iceman can do, just that no one has really taken the time to show it because they just have him play around or whatever. He can control the sub-zero temperature around him making a room's temp. below zero. That's happened before.

I'm not sure on Cassandra, but if you click on the link that VVD posted on page 1, Apocalypse is an Alpha-Level mutant, which as DSF said, it's the level right under Omega-level.

Anything else?

Yeah, it's kinda goofy. I can't really see Mr. Immortal being on the list except as a joke. Iceman theoretically has control over water and possibly oxygen/hydrogen in general.

Vulcan is Cyclops and Havok's brother. Mister M is some guy that can do anything, although I think he's dead (maybe?), Elixir is someone from the New X-Men I think, with healing powers?

Okay, so I don't really know much about any of them.
I have not read anything with Mr. Immortal, so I don't really know. Mr M.- not sure. And yes, Elixir has healing powers.

What's so surprising about Iceman? He can control ice, and can actually bring upon the world a new ice age. He *can* do it, he just doesn't have the mind to because how much he slacks. A lot of his omega-level power was shown when Emma Frost took over his mind (an accident) and was about to travel in water at around the speed of light or so. There's a lot of things Iceman can do, just that no one has really taken the time to show it because they just have him play around or whatever. He can control the sub-zero temperature around him making a room's temp. below zero. That's happened before.

I'm not sure on Cassandra, but if you click on the link that VVD posted on page 1, Apocalypse is an Alpha-Level mutant, which as DSF said, it's the level right under Omega-level.

Anything else?

Nah. That's all I need to remove the X-Men from the multidimensional harddrive stack.

Charles Xavier is most assuredly an Omega-level, but just hasn't been stated as such since the concept was coined. Only stated Omega-level mutants are listed on that Wikipedia page.

Elixer doesn't really have the power to heal, but alter biology. Healing is just instinctive to him, but he can use his powers to harm others. At his full potential... heh, one can only imagine!

Mr. Immortal, as stated by Deathurge (or was it D'Spayre?), has evolved beyond death and is destined to be present at the end of the universe. So, yup, I'd say he's an Omega-level.

Last edited:
With Mutants

So, we have something that's beginning and is bad, maybe even life threatening involving people who could be mutants, or maybe obessed with the letter X.

So, I think me and E did a good job of explaining the title to you Bass

We should be the ones writing those character handbooks.

Totally

I always wondered why they were called Omega Level, since Omega means death and all that

Hrm, maybe we should call them something else, like, I don't know, Dues Ex Machina Level

Anything else?

so shouldn't Iceman be able to beat Apocalypse with ease? That's somthing i don't get about this.

Wait.

Omega-Level being 'the most powerful mutant' and Iceman is one?! Mr Immortal from the Great Lakes Avengers is one?! And who are Vulcan, Mister M and Elixir?

What about Cassandra Nova or Apocalypse?

Cassandra Nova's not a mutant. I think it was stated in Morrison's run.

Totally

I always wondered why they were called Omega Level, since Omega means death and all that

Hrm, maybe we should call them something else, like, I don't know, Dues Ex Machina Level

That would be perfect. Or we could just call them "Really Really Really Powerful". Then the next ones down like Apocolypse can be "Really Really Powerful" etc. etc.

Cassandra Nova's not a mutant. I think it was stated in Morrison's run.

Makes sense. She's really just a transferred consciousness.

Latest posts

Back