Omega-Level Mutants.

On the topic of Iceman, doesn't he have the potential to control all water? I remember once he pulled all the water out of someone's body to reform himself, and another time he made the blood in Emma Frost's head very cold... and he wasn't touching her.
Hmm.

On Emma, the only time I remember him doing that was when he was freezing her blood flow, which is something else he can do. I think he had touched her at first. I remember this situation; it was Uncanny X-Men #331 where Iceman went to Emma's company building to force her to help him.

Wait, I just realized something. Iceman isn't related to water at all, he just has temperature control patterns. Water is just the most convenient tool for him to use. Why is he crippling his own potential by sticking with fluids? He can break the laws of thermodynamics!

Wait, I just realized something. Iceman isn't related to water at all, he just has temperature control patterns. Water is just the most convenient tool for him to use. Why is he crippling his own potential by sticking with fluids? He can break the laws of thermodynamics!
He is not only "sticking to fluids". With Mike Carey on X-Men, he's getting Iceman to use his powers with the other forms of water. Gas. Part of the mansion was exploded, with Iceman in the heart of it. Explosions = heat. Heat melts ice. But Iceman was able to form back. Few issues later, Iceman was able to form back still in his form, but that was due because when he went through a transportation device, he ended being sent inbetween a wall.

I like the X-Men.

It's just that when it's bad...the X-Men are proof of everything wrong with comics.

But when it's good, few things in mainstream comics can compare.
That basically sums it up. Good X-Men stories are pretty freaking awesome. Its just that most of them suck more than a $2 whore on prom night.

you should be a new x-men villain.

I shall be... THE EDITOR! With powers of rational thought and an army of horses, whipped to death by X-Men writers, brought back to life under my servitude! Fear me, X-Men! For I can take down the shoddy half-baked structures of your continuity!

Mister Sinister: "Some throwaway line about Cyclops having more than one brother."
Cyclops: "Throwaway line, eh? Let it become THREE MINI-SERIES AND A FIFTEEN ISSUE CROSSOVER... TEN YEARS LATER!!!!"

[In steps... THE EDITOR!!! *shock* He's so manly!]

The Editor: "No."
Cyclops: "But..."
The Editor: "No. It was a throwaway line. It's bad enough that you felt you had to resolve it ten years later with yet another Deus Ex Mutanta character, but the suggestion that now you have more than TWO brothers because it wasn't specified... We are NOT having an army of Summers mutant brothers, each one more powerful than the last. ESPECIALLY when mutants are meant to be a minority and we've just had Bendis cripple the Marvel universe by removing Jubilee and Blob's powers. Pick a direction and stick with it."
Cyclops: "But... it's something the fans have wanted..."
The Editor: "Well Jubilee had fans! What about them? They got SCREWED and are told to just 'accept it' because Jubilee had **** powers. SHE WAS A REGULAR ON THE 90s CARTOON SHOW. I... er... SOME FANS GREW UP WITH THAT CHARACTER AS SOME KIND OF VICARIOUS MUTANT GIRLFRIEND. I LOVED HER... er... LIKED HER. SOME FANS LIKED HER."
Cyclops: "I understand but..."
The Editor: "No. You can't spend a year going on about how you're making mutants an endangered species and there's so few around and everyone's decimated and then suddenly reveal Corsair breeds like a rabbit and there's three dozen Summers brothers running around. Bull****."
Cylcops: "But... it's only one. And he's omega-level which is a rare, special thing..."
The Editor: "No it isn't! ANY n00b can be an omega-level mutant these days. Christ, ICEMAN is an omega-level mutant now."
Cyclops: "But he can control ice and thus water and can become a sentient ocean capable of tearing the world in half."
The Editor: "... NO HE CAN'T! He's ICE-man! He had trouble not looking like snow when he first appeared! He can create ice and make things cold. HE CANNOT BECOME A SENTIENT OCEAN AND TEAR THE WORLD IN HALF."
Cyclops: "But it's a simple extrapolation of his pow..."
The Editor: "NO! By that token Jubilee is an omega-level mutant, she just hasn't 'used her powers' that way. She can control light, which is displays both the characteristics of a wave and particle. Thus she can control waves and particles - the basic building blocks of all matter in the universe! OMG!"
Cyclops: "Now you're being silly."
The Editor: "Oh, really? And how are you lot not being silly? Iceman can destroy the world. HARD TO HAVE ANY VILLAINS IF HE CAN DO THAT. Magneto shows up and says, 'Hark! I am going to destroy America - depending on which version of me the continuity is currently using - unless you give me my own island! PS - I am not really Magneto but a robot pretending to be its evil twin clone robot from the future past pretending to be an amnesia-riddled younger version of a good alternate universe version of Magneto pretending to be the real Magneto. If I die. Otherwise, I'm really Magneto. Or a Skrull.' and all Iceman has to do is, 'I'll destroy the world.' '... Aren't you a n00b? Isn't that... the point of your character? Arent' you the original Jubilee?' 'Silence or I shall destroy the world, including all islands.' 'Oh. Really?' 'Yes.' 'Fine.'"
Cyclops: "Oh come on. Iceman would never use his powers like that."
The Editor: "THEN WHY GIVE HIM THE POTENTIAL?! The whole point is that he's rather slack and n00bish and if he actually trained and what not he'd be a kickass superhero - NOT THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS! Every third mutant is omega-level! It's preposterous! And why?! Because of some throwaway line someone made ten years ago, or because people have forgotten that POWER doesn't equal GOOD. Christ, isn't this the argument everyone makes for Superman being crap? That he's 'too powerful'? Well half of any given X-Men assemblage can EAT THE MOON. Hell with you. Jubilee rocked."

But it's inconceivable that they could win against Bass Lak Tus and Marvel won't kill a money-making title.

Inconceivable, eh? You always use that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I can see it now. The story begins like DSF said, the monstrous Ice-planet challenging the Exiles alone in a dimension where universal gayness caused extinction, until a voice from beyond thunders out a mighty warning: "OH **** NO. DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE."

The Ice-planet doesn't listen and is destroyed. The Exiles flee the universe lest they be faced with his wrath next. They don't know that there is nowhere to run from Bass Lak Tus. Luckily, he's chosen to spare them. But he's watching them.

This post is either funny or the stupidest thing ever and I can't tell which.

Can it not be both?

Hmm.

On Emma, the only time I remember him doing that was when he was freezing her blood flow, which is something else he can do. I think he had touched her at first. I remember this situation; it was Uncanny X-Men #331 where Iceman went to Emma's company building to force her to help him.

I believe we're thinking of the same incident... but I don't recall Iceman touching her. I just remember him looking angry, and then her being in agony.

Latest posts

Back