Online Previews

UltimateE said:
Wait - is the cover different than it was before? These posts seem to indicate that

Quicksilver is dead or something

but that clearly isn't the case on the cover I see. Did they change it?

They certainly did change it. The "non-variant" cover has a weeping Scarlet Witch cradling an unconscious Quicksilver. If you go to the Buzzscope page and look at the banner across the top, that's part of the painted cover.

Stupid adj. Buying it even though it drives you up the wall. Like, ummm, me with House of M.

Last edited:
Meh. I'm, so out of the loop, this means nothing to me, but I just felt the need to say that the second cover is...dull. "Ooh look, they're fighting!" is kind of lacking for what this story was supposed to be. So...yeah. Not Ribic-worthy, just dull.

UltimateE said:
Wait - is the cover different than it was before? These posts seem to indicate that

Quicksilver is dead or something

but that clearly isn't the case on the cover I see. Did they change it?
Yes, they did. I have no idea why.

Rhyo said:
Oh, come on, you know he's not dead - for one thing, he has an entire miniseries coming out after House of M and, for another, a cover of a comic character cradling the lifeless body of yet another comic character is pretty much a SURE sign that the second character ISN'T dead.

I'm not sure why this cover was held back so long - Quicksilver's fate has pretty much been spoiled by the (meager) release of info about "Son of M" so there is nothing particularly shocking or spoiler-y about the cover.

I know it, but...i really want to see what happens to him, i don't know, what if he turns evil and he is killed in Son of M? It's Bendis he could do it! :cry:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I know it, but...i really want to see what happens to him, i don't know, what if he turns evil and he is killed in Son of M? It's Bendis he could do it! :cry:

My GUESS is that Quicksilver will be either mostly or complete depowered as part of the ending of House of M and the mini is him adjusting to living life as something close to a normal human, probably with overtones of having to hide the fact that he is the son of Magneto from those who remember House of M - including the rest of the superhero crowd, who shun him for his complicity or even active participation in poor mad Wanda's "reality."

So no dying, just lots of angst. Written well, it could be fairly good. Written with a heavy hand, it could be absolutely awful. We'll have to see.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm done. The Hyperlink doesn't work like it used too and it's real annoying but Buzzscopes got new previews up including an awesome Runaways with Cloak.
Yeah, they do. I waited for the other previews to be posted but it seems that it won't happen.

Here is some previews from Buzzscope.com for October 19th, 2005:

Daredevil vs Punisher #5
Marvel Monsters: Fin Fang Four
Runaways Vol. 2 #9
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #19

And here is some more from Comics Continuum:

MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #19
MARVEL MONSTERS: FIN FANG FOUR
NICK FURY'S HOWLING COMMANDOS #1
SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #1
X-MEN: COLOSSUS -- BLOODLINE #2
WEAPON X: DAYS OF FUTURE NOW #4

Have a good time! :D

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Will we finally stop gettng Howling Cammando previews in our comics... please...

That has been the STRANGEST book to pick to preview in every title. It seems like such a "niche" title, without a lot of broad appeal. Maybe that's the point of previewing it, but the previews have just convinced me that I'm NOT interested.

Something like GRAVITY or RUNAWAYS - a title that's not selling that well but has the potential to be more widely read by general "superhero reading" audiences - would make more sense.

icemastertron said:
Now I get the feeling to punch Captain America.

Now, now, this is 616 Cap aka "The Eternal Do-Gooder" - not that he did very well by the Runaways.

Doesn't it seem likely that after he went to the trouble to find them foster homes, he'd have gone looking for them when they turned up missing? Because this is Cap...

Rhyo said:
Now, now, this is 616 Cap aka "The Eternal Do-Gooder" - not that he did very well by the Runaways.

Doesn't it seem likely that after he went to the trouble to find them foster homes, he'd have gone looking for them when they turned up missing? Because this is Cap...
Just sometimes what he does, makes me what to punch him, like he always has to be right. "There's always a way." "NO! THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY!" and some other things. Like Fury, I wanna punch him sometimes, but Fury I want to punch all the times.

I hope Cloak kicks his ***.

Latest posts

Back