Order the 4 on-going titles (best to worst)

TheManWithoutFear said:
What are you guys baseing UFF off of? I really wish they had a consistent writer for the series.

I won't even name UFF yet.

Ultimates
UXM
Ultimate Galactus
USM

What am I basing it off? The story we've had so far that I've enjoyed.

GMaster said:
Words can and are everything. Without words, nothing exists, as words are consciousness. Without words, what do we have? We have less than nothing. Blackness, utter darkness. We don't even have that, because without words you are nothing.

Racist.

UXM
Ultimates
UFF
Ult. Spidey

I have one issue of Ultimate Spiderman and its part 1 of hollywood that I got for $1 so....

Ultimates
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Fantastic Four

I still like spidey, I don't like where he's been for a while now, but I still care about the characters

There hasn't been anything to make me care about the Fantastic Four yet, as much as I've wanted there to be.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Because as seen in the other threads people have different opinions of different writers vision of them.

If I based it off of Millar's run I'd make it last. If Ellis I'd probably tie it for 2 or make it 3rd.
Well you have your way, and I have mine.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think that's fair to the title.

I agree.

And that's why I voted based on the here and now.

So now I can't judge a title because it has different writers? :sure:

I judge it on how I've been enjoying the series as a whole. So you guys just stick to your ways, and don't worry about if you think it's fair or not.

icemastertron said:
So now I can't judge a title because it has different writers? :sure:

I judge it on how I've been enjoying the series as a whole. So you guys just stick to your ways, and don't worry about if you think it's fair or not.
Calm down Ice. We're just saying we feel like they're different books when different writers are on. And UFF has had 3 different writers this year so it's hard for us to rank a title when it's just been "different" the last year or so.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Calm down Ice. We're just saying we feel like they're different books when different writers are on. And UFF has had 3 different writers this year so it's hard for us to rank a title when it's just been "different" the last year or so.
Exactly, for you.

The Ultimates-Because the story lines are so damn interesting and after each issue it keeps me wanting more.
Ultimate Spider-man-because i was always a spidey fan and seeing the story unfold from the beginning is pretty cool. Plus he gives me something to laugh about
Ultimate X-men- I like the title but there are too many characters to focus on and not all of them get the full attention they need to develop their characters.
Ultimate Fantastic Four-i liked the book in the beginning but, lately it's been to overthe top for me and the FF concept isn't all that exiting to me in the first place.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hate's a strong word but I've said worse. I agree USM is nowhere near the top Ultimate title. People are just fanboys and love Spider-Man. Ultimates the most well written by far and Vaughan's UXM was better handled.

People who hate on USM are just trying to be part of the "Bendis Sucks" bandwagon. Not that I believe that, but thats an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

Anyhow;

USM (More than 12 issues a year, almost 90 issues of above average quality in total, there probably hasn't been a more consistent comic in history that I'm aware of)
Ultimates (Packs far more into one issue, and I'll definately read it before USM if out on the same day, but only has 3 or 4 issues a year. We should expect it to be damn good. Didn't like the Widow reveal or Darth Maul but I aint gonna judge till its all over)
UFF (Ellis' run attempted and failed to be legit sciency, so Millar acknowledging the inate ridiculousness of UFF and running with it has been refreshing. Only started liking since "Crossover")
UXM (Have hated it since Wolverine was reaccepted so readily by the group after almost killing Cyclops, Storm even wants him. There are also too many mutants so much so we need Ultimate HoM. Millars' storytelling logic leaps towards the end of hi run which look like they may pervade Ultimates yet has been followed by lacklustre runs by various guys like Bendis and BKV. In fact, the only issue I've enjoyed since Millar was Wolverine executing that dangerous mutant kid).

randomthoughts said:
People who hate on USM are just trying to be part of the "Bendis Sucks" bandwagon. Not that I believe that, but thats an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

Hey. I started that bandwagon, and I really don't think "ignorance" was why. :wink:

Latest posts

Back