Spider-Man Origin of the Species (Amazing Spider-Man #642-646)

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Issue #642 came out today (along with #643, OMIT Part 4, which you can discuss in the [thread=12816]One Moment In Time Thread[/thread]

It's interesting so far. MJ is fulfilling her new role as Peter's
best friend
. Paul Azaceta's art is pretty bad though. And the Peter out of work and having problems with his room mate angle is really wearing thin. But the premise for the story is cool.

Last edited:
Re: Origin of the Species (ASM #642-646)

Issue #642 came out today (along with #643, OMIT Part 4, which you can discuss in the [thread=12816]One Moment In Time Thread[/thread]

It's interesting so far. MJ is fulfilling her new role as Peter's
best friend
. Paul Azaceta's art is pretty bad though. And the Peter out of work and having problems with his room mate angle is really wearing thin. But the premise for the story is cool.

I liked it (I was wondering what had happed to Lily), and I agree about Azaceta, I'd rather have Marcos Martin working on the main title instead of the backup strip. One question why is Doc Ock different looking?

Re: Origin of the Species (ASM #642-646)

Back in ASM 600, Otto found out he was dying and he upgraded his harness

Which, in my most humble opinion, is a great move. I'd like to see darker Doc Ock stories and this could lend the character to such. I'm tired of that goofy green jumpsuit.

So Issue #643. Decent. This is basically a villain-palooza Spidey-on-the-run story so far, but i have to imagine it's actually going somewhere.

Issue #644 came out yesterday. The best thing about it is the portrayal of the lizard on the cover:

detail.jpg

Sweet!

Inside the cover:
I really hate Paul Azaceta's art.
The story is too drawn out. It's JUST starting to feel like it's going somewhere at the end of this issue. Peter should have
given the baby to Chameleon
last issue.
Octo-tracers? seriously?
I want to say the shadowy figure talking to Doc Ock is Norman, but he's supposed to be in maximum security lockdown.

Last edited:
Issue #644 came out yesterday. The best thing about it is the portrayal of the lizard on the cover:

detail.jpg

Sweet!

Inside the cover:
I really hate Paul Azaceta's art.
The story is too drawn out. It's JUST starting to feel like it's going somewhere at the end of this issue. Peter should have
given the baby to Chameleon
last issue.
Octo-tracers? seriously?
I want to say the shadowy figure talking to Doc Ock is Norman, but he's supposed to be in maximum security lockdown.

The
Chameleon
thing was so obvious as soon as he appeared. I find it hard to believe that Spidey is that stupid or that
he didn't even check the baby to make sure it was dead. I have half a mind to think he knows what's going on and is using this is an opportunity to follow the Chameleon back to Doc Ock, but then, it's even harder to believe he'd use an innocent baby as bait

My first thought was Norman too, and then I remembered he was locked away. Maybe it's Kraven, considering they're hanging out at his house.

Last edited:
The
Chameleon
thing was so obvious as soon as he appeared. I find it hard to believe that Spidey is that stupid or that
he didn't even check the baby to make sure it was dead. I have half a mind to think he knows what's going on and is using this is an opportunity to follow the Chameleon back to Doc Ock, but then, it's even harder to believe he'd use an innocent baby as bait

My first thought was Norman too, and then I remembered he was locked away. Maybe it's Kraven, considering they're hanging out at his house.

i agree with everything you just said.

That has NEVER happened before ZP!

I posted this in the wrong thread (ASM General discussion), so i thought i'd quote it here too:
So I just read ASM #645. Is this story over yet?

The only only part of the issue that grabbed my attention was the two panels suggesting that
Harry was considering taking the Goblin formula...

and MJ saying "Good to know Parker has finally learned how to pick 'em" made me so mad. Her characterization is terrible. She didn't have a fling with Peter, they were in love for YEARS!

so frustrating.

well, with issue #646, the arc is over. I didn't really think much of it. It was mostly a big super-villain hoopla to tie up some loose ends from the "BND era" of the series.

I don't have much else to say about it except, I remembered something from ASM #644:
did they ever reveal who that was?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back