other members?

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I only read the Ultimate versions of these comics... I'm not completely oblivious to what's going on with these teams and heroes.
I have a few other members in mind for the ultimates like vision and war machine... but could someone tell me who else was in the avengers?

In order of appearance =

Thor
Iron Man
Ant-Man: Other identities have included Giant-Man, Goliath and Yellowjacket.
Wasp
The Incredible Hulk
Rick Jones: An honorary member.
Captain America
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Swordsman
Hercules
Black Panther
Vision
Black Knight
Black Widow
Mantis
Beast
Moondragon
Hellcat
Whizzer
Two-Gun Kid
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel. Also known as Binary and Warbird.
Falcon
Jocasta
Tigra
She-Hulk
Captain Marvel. Awarded honorary membership posthumously in The Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel.
Captain Marvel II. Also known as Photon.
Starfox
Mockingbird
Iron Man II
Moira Brandon
Firebird
Thing
Moon Knight
USAgent
Human Torch
Living Lightning
Spider-Woman II
Machine Man
Darkhawk
Namor
Doctor Druid
Marrina
Ravonna Lexus Renslayer better known as Terminatrix.
Yellowjacket II
Demolition Man
Gilgamesh, the Forgotten One
Invisible Woman
Mister Fantastic
Quasar
Big Bertha
Dinah Soar
Doorman
Flatman
Mister Immortal
Sersi
Spider-Man
Stingray
Rage
The Sandman
Crystal
Thor II
Swordsman II
AntiVision
Magdalene
Deathcry
Iron Man III
Masque: A clone of Madame Masque
Justice
Firestar
Triathlon
Silverclaw
Jack of Hearts
Ant-Man II
Captain Britain III

And soon;

Luke Cage
Sentry
Spider-Woman
Wolverine

Alternate Avengers have been =

Venus
Marvel Boy
Gorilla-Man
Human Robot
3-D Man
Jimmy Woo of the FBI
Namora
Jann of the Jungle

Alternate honoury Avengers =

Aleta
Charlie-27
Martinex
Nikki
Starhawk
Vance Astro
Yondu

Phew...

Any others?

longshotjimlee said:
In order of appearance =

Thor
Iron Man
Ant-Man: Other identities have included Giant-Man, Goliath and Yellowjacket.
Wasp
The Incredible Hulk
Rick Jones: An honorary member.
Captain America
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Swordsman
Hercules
Black Panther
Vision
Black Knight
Black Widow
Mantis
Beast
Moondragon
Hellcat
Whizzer
Two-Gun Kid
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel. Also known as Binary and Warbird.
Falcon
Jocasta
Tigra
She-Hulk
Captain Marvel. Awarded honorary membership posthumously in The Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel.
Captain Marvel II. Also known as Photon.
Starfox
Mockingbird
Iron Man II
Moira Brandon
Firebird
Thing
Moon Knight
USAgent
Human Torch
Living Lightning
Spider-Woman II
Machine Man
Darkhawk
Namor
Doctor Druid
Marrina
Ravonna Lexus Renslayer better known as Terminatrix.
Yellowjacket II
Demolition Man
Gilgamesh, the Forgotten One
Invisible Woman
Mister Fantastic
Quasar
Big Bertha
Dinah Soar
Doorman
Flatman
Mister Immortal
Sersi
Spider-Man
Stingray
Rage
The Sandman
Crystal
Thor II
Swordsman II
AntiVision
Magdalene
Deathcry
Iron Man III
Masque: A clone of Madame Masque
Justice
Firestar
Triathlon
Silverclaw
Jack of Hearts
Ant-Man II
Captain Britain III

And soon;

Luke Cage
Sentry
Spider-Woman
Wolverine

Alternate Avengers have been =

Venus
Marvel Boy
Gorilla-Man
Human Robot
3-D Man
Jimmy Woo of the FBI
Namora
Jann of the Jungle

Alternate honoury Avengers =

Aleta
Charlie-27
Martinex
Nikki
Starhawk
Vance Astro
Yondu

Phew...

Any others?

Show-off.

Now I am either a show off...

or...

you lot are just thick as two short Micronauts.

All I did was type in "List of Avengers"+ marvel into my search engine and up came a site with this information on.

I had no idea about this list until I read the question in this thread.

Next lesson tomorrow - same time, bring your laptops!!!

Last edited:
Well, sorry. There aren't many Avengers compared to, say, the X-Men, but they do have quite a following, no? Although I've heard that Millar wasn't going to bring in too many new characters, I still wouldn't put that past him.

Who I'd Like to be on the Ultimates between now and the imaginary Ultimates 3:

Doc Samson - The Perfected Hulk. As smart as Banner, and as strong as the Hulk

Vision - In my mind, Tony Stark will die at the end of his mini-series, but he will have used the technology of Pym's Ultron in combination with his Irontech to create a thinking robot with his mind and personality (like the original Vision had of Wonder Man).

War Machine - Jim Rhodes will probably be the man to take up the Original Iron Man suit, while SHIELD uses the Irontech to Mass produce more destructive and powerful suits.

The Falcon - I love 'em so far in Nightmare, i'd like to see him show up again when the series is done.

USAgent - If Rogers gets into a Disagreement with Fury (which he's already had a few of) and quit, and if they managed to make the SuperSoldier Serum, this guy would be Capt America with the mindset of a 30 year old in today's world. A lot less Clean-cut than the Original.

Wolverine - Fury's going to get Wolvie to do some missions for him ONE of these days, if only because he needs to work off all the homicide and assualts he's committed in the US. Maybe here we'd see his good costume (the Brown/black or Yellow/blue).

Spiderman: I'd bet that he joins the team on standby when he turns eighteen

I'm betting Black Widow goes back to Black Ops, Captain America gets to the point where he can't work for the US anymore because he doesnt beleive in what it stands for, The Wasp goes with Steve, Ant-man stays (maybe as yellowjacket), Thor leaves, Hawkeye Stays, Scarlett Witch Stays, Quicksilver leaves, and Iron-man passes on the suit and dies of cancer.

Dr.Strangefate said:
if they managed to make the SuperSoldier Serum

If they managed to recreate the Super Soldier Serum it would ruin the Ultiamte Universe. This whole universe revolves around trying to crack that serum.

I think it's rather simple.

Steve Rogers is a mutant.

I reckon the serum that turned Bruce into the Hulk is the same serum as turned Steve into Captain America.

It's just the way that the serum effected the X-gene that produced the result.

and the reason why it has failed in the past with others is that they were human with no x-gene.

anybody want to tell me to shut the f*** up? :wink:

nope? Okay, on that note, I wonder how many of the Avengers in the above list / or even the possible Ultimates, could - just could - be Mutants?

Quicksilver and Scarlet are you starters.

Also, Karma did some work for S.H.I.E.L.D. during the New Mutants arc, and while reviewing possible candidates for the team Havok, Bishop, Polaris, and others I can't remember were being scouted for the president's team, no reason they can't be taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D. as well.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Doc Samson - The Perfected Hulk. As smart as Banner, and as strong as the Hulk
And right now we're trying the Hulk. I doubt anything Hulk-shaped would be received well by the general public.
Dr.Strangefate said:
Vision - In my mind, Tony Stark will die at the end of his mini-series, but he will have used the technology of Pym's Ultron in combination with his Irontech to create a thinking robot with his mind and personality (like the original Vision had of Wonder Man).
And considering the mini-series is a PREQUEL, I'm gonna go out on a REALLY big limb here, and say he lives through it. ;)
Dr.Strangefate said:
War Machine - Jim Rhodes will probably be the man to take up the Original Iron Man suit, while SHIELD uses the Irontech to Mass produce more destructive and powerful suits.
Considering it takes 100 personnel to keep Iron Man operational, at least at the point of Ultimate Nightmare, I really can't see mass-produced Iron Tech soldiers.
Dr.Strangefate said:
The Falcon - I love 'em so far in Nightmare, i'd like to see him show up again when the series is done.
He's not really a militant character though. It'd be like crossing Thor's disobedience with the Pyms' need to analyze and experiment with things.
Dr.Strangefate said:
USAgent - If Rogers gets into a Disagreement with Fury (which he's already had a few of) and quit, and if they managed to make the SuperSoldier Serum, this guy would be Capt America with the mindset of a 30 year old in today's world. A lot less Clean-cut than the Original.
Can't really see this Fury letting Cap go. Considering that at this point, he's effectively told Peter that he's going to be drafted when he turns of legal age... I don't see Rogers be allowed to walk away, and therefore get to a point where US Agent would be an option.
Dr.Strangefate said:
Wolverine - Fury's going to get Wolvie to do some missions for him ONE of these days, if only because he needs to work off all the homicide and assualts he's committed in the US. Maybe here we'd see his good costume (the Brown/black or Yellow/blue).
Considering that Fury and Xavier have a treaty of some sort going, and he could have used Wolverine for things like Nightmare... I'm assuming that Wolverine falls under Xavier's jurisdiction, and he's just too good of security to let Fury take him.
Dr.Strangefate said:
Spiderman: I'd bet that he joins the team on standby when he turns eighteen
That goes back to the drafted part.
Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm betting Black Widow goes back to Black Ops
After being on the public team, can you explain how exactly you thing she'd be unrecognizable enough for anything Black Ops?
Dr.Strangefate said:
Captain America gets to the point where he can't work for the US anymore because he doesnt beleive in what it stands for,
Think I covered this already...
Dr.Strangefate said:
The Wasp goes with Steve
And although I'm unsure of the political climate regarding mutants at the time, I bet Fury could lock Janet down into some kind of draft/conscription if she tried to leave to follow...
Dr.Strangefate said:
Ant-man stays (maybe as yellowjacket)
Hank is still trying to kiss-ass after the Giant Man fiasco. Where else would he go?
Dr.Strangefate said:
Thor leaves
Wow, considering we knew that a few months ago, I'm shocked that prediction came true!
Dr.Strangefate said:
Hawkeye Stays
Same as the Black Widow...
Dr.Strangefate said:
Scarlett Witch Stays, Quicksilver leaves
I can't see this either, especially with what their father did. If they're not there voluntarily, then I imagine Fury is playing either the guilt card, or the "we'll lock you up for what you did as members of the Brotherhood" card.
Dr.Strangefate said:
and Iron-man passes on the suit and dies of cancer.
Ehhhh... I still don't think he's going to die outright. Tony's been physically messed up for how many years in the 616 universe?

And that crap about Steve being a mutant and Bruce being one too, and the same serum changed them both... that's patently ridiculous, because both of them are a good deal past manifestation for non-physical mutations, and if Steve Rogers was an active mutant during WW2, they would have been trying to see how to reproduce that, not trying to pile more mutation onto him.

jtg3885 said:
After being on the public team, can you explain how exactly you thing she'd be unrecognizable enough for anything Black Ops?

I don't have Ultimates TPBs on me right now - wasn't she already on Black Ops?

jtg3885 said:
Hank is still trying to kiss-ass after the Giant Man fiasco. Where else would he go?

We've known for a long time now that he leaves to start his own team.

Latest posts

Back