Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread

Fixed

And I'll be honest, I'm enough of a creepy cougar to admire the fanservice in HSotD.

I'm pretty sure the original artist for the manga has a second job working on Hentai. Which is where all the fanservice came from. I find the fanservice off-putting at times, (seriously, there are attractive big boobs, and there are "holy crap I think you have cancer" big boobs) but I was rather impressed that for a work with this much fanservice, the one sex scene (in the manga, anyway) was incredibly creepy.

I can understand why it's devisive, but I'm personally enjoying the manga. I'll probably check out the anime.

I'm pretty sure you just called me a lady, but I'm going to let it slide because that is the funniest joke in the universe.
And I'll be honest, I'm enough of a creepy cougar to admire the fanservice in HSotD.
Rowr!

Seriously though, I read the first dozen or so chapters of HSotD and I completely lost interest in it. Fanservice is one thing, but it's usually an interruption from the plot not the premise of the series itself. The PREMISE of this series is "Titties, Ass, And Occasionally Zombies".

This thing reads more like the Cinemax soft core version of a hentai. Occasionally with zombies.

A cougar? What are you like, 50?

35, so I'm far too old to be a kitten. I think 30 is the cougar starting point.

I thought the starting point was however old Courtney Cox is.

I'm pretty sure the original artist for the manga has a second job working on Hentai. Which is where all the fanservice came from. I find the fanservice off-putting at times, (seriously, there are attractive big boobs, and there are "holy crap I think you have cancer" big boobs) but I was rather impressed that for a work with this much fanservice, the one sex scene (in the manga, anyway) was incredibly creepy.

According to TV tropes, drawing hentai is his night job. I'm not surprised one iota.

I'm pretty sure you just called me a lady, but I'm going to let it slide because that is the funniest joke in the universe.

Rowr!

Seriously though, I read the first dozen or so chapters of HSotD and I completely lost interest in it. Fanservice is one thing, but it's usually an interruption from the plot not the premise of the series itself. The PREMISE of this series is "Titties, Ass, And Occasionally Zombies".

This thing reads more like the Cinemax soft core version of a hentai. Occasionally with zombies.

For the most part I've been able to tolerate it in the manga, but the anime turns everything up to 11. Which is great for the blood and gore aspects, but it's a lot harder to not feel like a total perv.

Rowr!

I think I just found another series to keep myself occupied with.

I finally got Bleach season 3 the other day when I bought Ncis season 5. I loved season 3 and I have to say I was actually surprised by twists and scenes in it. Example.
I did NOT see the whole Captain Aizen faked his death and turned evil thing coming at all.
There were a lot a cool fights in 3 as well. Also Yoruichi = AWESOME from very of 2 through out 3.

Next I'll get season 4 at end of the year.

It always pissed me off how Tite, after building up their personalities and backgrounds, later shoves all of Ichigo's friends to the sidelines to tell us how cool the Captains are.

It always pissed me off how Tite, after building up their personalities and backgrounds, later shoves all of Ichigo's friends to the sidelines to tell us how cool the Captains are.

yeah, agreed. Have you read the latest issue. I mean it's a fun read but on a story structure level, how far up his bum can that man go???

mid-way through this season of Anime

I had chance to read Nurarihyon the Manga and it has gotten pretty good, and the Anime is sticking pretty close to it I hope they keep it going in that direction.

The Legend of the Legendary Hero's is a strange Anime story-wise, but its all starting to come together.

Okamisan and her Seven Companions, its light and funny with a nice narration commenting on the story really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Man, is it wrong if I wanna check this show out? It looks like a cracked out Power Puff Girls (Turn the volume down a bit if you're watching this in public).

[video=youtube;shHZmwq9X1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHZmwq9X1Q[/video]

Fall Anime Season: Not much that really caught my eye, But this survived the 1st episodes cut.

Otome Youkai Zakuro: I loved the mini little theme song the girls sing.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge: Season 1 was sooo OUTRAGEOUS!! that its funny. and S2 seems to be along the same path of craziness.

Psychic Detective Yakumo: interesting premise, we will have to see if it can keep it up.

Last edited:
It's not conventional anime (it's a french show with strong anime influence) but does anyone know where I can find non-torrented, english sub episodes of Wakfu?

How did this hold up?

i like it, its really grown on me. it has many interesting little plots that feed into the bigger story line. and it uses real world themes in the plots. (child serial killers, parents grief of a lost child, parent abandonment issues...ect)

Latest posts

Back