Peter´s secret identity no secret anymore? (#65 spoilers)

supermusli

Anyone else thinks that, after this issue, Spider-mans secret identity would be very much, if not exposed, but at least discussed at the high school? Mary Jane gave a not-so subtle hint in front of Kong and Liz, and it should get them to at least wonder what Peters connection to Spider-man is. Also, Kong has already come to the conclusion that Peter is Spider-man once, so we know that he really isn´t as dim as he sometimes give the impression to be.

From reading Daredevil, we know that Bendis doesn´t view the heroes secret identity as something holy. He created a great story by exposing Daredevils identity, and something along those lines could be happening in USM also. Not the same story once again of course (that wouldn´t be Bendis), but maybe a different take on the same theme.

Maybe a rumor will start circulating on the school that Peter Parker is, in fact, Spider-man? Poor boy, he never seems to catch a break.

What do you guys think?

HAHA!!! I have an idea!!!

To prove to his high school student body that he isn't Spider-Man, Peter gets his buddy Wolverine to do stuff as Spider-Man so that everyone is caught off gaurd! WOW, that makes perfect sense to me!

Haha, wonderful! Supposing nobody will notice that Spider-man is suddenly on fire, or have adamantium claws? :wink:

Maybe he can find Ben Reillys Carnage-sample to make a clone of Spider-man... :D

Well, I'm not saying that the Torch had to but Wolverine could very easily keep his claws in so that he could wear the web shooters and all that to try and fight off a random criminal... Wolverine told Peter that he owed him big for helping him back in Blockbuster and this is pretty big... I betcha it's really big for Wolverine to put on a Spider-Man costume!

I suppose... but he´s also a much bigger guy than Peter... and the whole idea of posing as another hero reminds me of the old Zorro tv-show or batman in the 60:s, where Alfred the butler had to dress up in the batsuit to save Bruce Waynes identity or whatever. It´s quite silly, that´s all I´m saying! :lol:

My point was that it could be very interesting for the story if Spider-man identity became known in some kind of "inner circle" at the school. Already MJ knows, and Gwen who of course is dead know, and Harry knows but he´s somewhere else. If Liz and Kong figures it out too, they will be a whole bunch. Especially if Johnny Storm comes around and joins the club.

I think it´s interesting - how would Peter react? It could even help him in his superhero-career, and it could also take some load of MJ as the only person he can rely on. Just my thought...

GW - awesome theory. :D

Yeah, that sounds just awesome! You think that all on your own? lol

No im just joking. I seriously like it too. Cool imagination! :)

You got it... I remember saying that this was going to be a really really strange team up and the two of them were reluctant to work together. I also remember that it had something to do with one of the character's past... Wolverine could definitely see how tough it is being Spider-Man seeing as how he is crucified each time he suits up. Could be very cool for each character if my theory goes as planned.

Yes, Ice, I did think of it all on my own!

Also, don't you think that Kong would run around and tell everyone? Liz, too? I mean, these aren't Peter's closest friends and they probably wouldn't keep a secret just if they were told to. Friendships will be tested, and they will probably fall apart because of this whole thing.

Goodwill said:
Also, don't you think that Kong would run around and tell everyone? Liz, too? I mean, these aren't Peter's closest friends and they probably wouldn't keep a secret just if they were told to. Friendships will be tested, and they will probably fall apart because of this whole thing.

Well, Kong worships Spider-man, so he will probably start to view Peter in another light if he really finds out. And no, they aren´t his closest friends, but Liz is a close friend of MJ, so she will maybe find it nice to have someone to talk to about it. She said something like that to Gwen I think, before she died. And they don´t have to be on "peters side" to keep the secret. Kong already tried to tell everyone, and nobody believed him. Why would he make an ass of himself again?`

And finally, a "Spider-man" with a healing factor would be nice. Peter could really use one, with all the beating he gets. :wink:

Well, Kong has Liz to back him up this time. He'll tell Flash and Flash will run around telling everyone... It'll get around! :)

I really, really hope that my theory is translated into the actual comic... It could be very cool to see!

But why would Liz back him up? I think her friendship with MJ would be more important to her.

But then again... we know from before that Liz is quite sensitive when it comes to costumed heroes. "Enough about Spider-man already" anyone? Didn´t she had a cousin or something who was a mutant and disappeared?

Spidey has a healing factor. It doesn't work anywhere near the level of Wolverine's but it's well established. It's a basic property of the Oz formula (which is why Osborn after injecting himself with it up to his eyeballs is nearly unstoppable).

Didn´t she had a cousin or something who was a mutant and disappeared?

Yeah, or an uncle...something like that.

I don't think that will change anything, do you? It hasn't before other than in the Geldoff arc... Even then, it wasn't that bigga deal.

i really dont think anyone picked up on what mary jane said. They didnt seem to notice. It just seemed like a inside conversation with mary and peter. IMHO

i really dont think anyone picked up on what mary jane said.

That's funny, because she immediately got a shocked look on her face and covered her mouth, like "oops!" Then Peter runs out. If I'm Kong, I'm rethinking the Peter/Spidey connection.

Yeah but Mary and peter knew but Kong and Liz had no shocked look. They were just like "oh we can leave when we want?"

Mary and peter picked up on it but noone else did in my opinion. Thats what i meant by some inside conversation between the two of them, noone else got what the said.

Just my opinion

Latest posts

Back