Peter Parker expelled from high school?

greenland

Hey all, my first attempt at a new thread on this board...

Has anyone else noticed that Peter has been skipping out of school a LOT lately? He always goes for a swing during his lunch breaks and always seems to come back late. Or he'll get suspended for speaking out. Or he'll just bolt right in the middle of class. I mean, he's always done this since the series' inception, but it seems to be happening even more in the issues after Gwen's death.

I didn't really notice anything until Peter deleted the principal's message in a recent issue in "Warriors", but maybe Bendis is setting up Peter's possible expulsion because of his erratic behavior and attendance problems? If the principal is calling his house now, that's gotta be pretty bad, right? I remember reading somewhere that the end of the Warriors arc has something that will make Peter not want to be Peter Parker anymore, so maybe this is it. Plus, we all know Fury's coming along to mess up his life as Spider-Man, so maybe this is the twist we don't see coming...

Anyway. Maybe I'm just rehashing an old subject here, but has anyone else suspected this?

This would be a nice twist. Peter Parker is a genius, but never before has he faced a real life situation like high school expulsion. It would also be the reverse of Amazing Spider-Man #50 and Spider-Man 2. Instead of becoming Peter Parker full-time, he becomes Spider-Man full time.

Actually, this would be incredebly intresting. I do like the High School aspect, but this would let there be more Spidey and less Peter for awhile. Plus, its a cheap way of keeping him in HS for longer (He'd go back after being expelled for the year).

I always like this aspect about young super-heroes. Smallville has Clark apparently going to college which is just wrong. Yeah, you want to send a positive message about education but when you're stuck with super-powers and you're out saving the day school's not an option.

Ultimate Houde said:
I was thinking of this as well

It has to happened, obviously, and soon to by the looks of it.

Not like he needs the diploma or anything
What about his degree in Super-heroistic Arachnology? How could anyone survive without one of those?

That be funny, him walking into that class.

Peter: Yes, I'm here for Super-heroistic Arachnology.

Ezekial: Oh, Parker, sit down between Jessica Drew, Mayday Parker, and...let's see...A Mr. Reiley.

Ben: Just call me Scarlet.

Peter: Why you called Scarlet?

Jessica: Trust me, you don't want to know.

Scarlet: Red wings baby!

Mayday: I hate my name.

Peter: At least it's better than J2.

Mayday: Aren't you my dad?

Peter: I hope not.

Ezekial: Enough class, um....Mrs. Drew, didn't I tell you to wear less revealing clothing?

Jessica: I did Professor! My boobs are simply to huge.

Peter: She must have super powers to walk with those big things and not get a back ache.

Ben: Oh yea!

Ultimate Houde said:

Ezekial: Oh, Parker, sit down between Jessica Drew, Mayday Parker, and...let's see...A Mr. Reiley.

Ezekial: Enough class, um....Mrs. Drew, didn't I tell you to wear less revealing clothing?

Peter: She must have super powers to walk with those big things and not get a back ache.

:lol:

Spider-Woman is married? Since when?

Ultimate Houde said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spade said:
well this would be a real turn around seeing as in the 616 world he graduated with the higest average in Midtown High history.

But then didn't he fail out of Columbia University?

He failed out of SOMETHING because of spidey....

Bendis has been pretty adament that they do things "right" by keeping him in high school. I can't see him getting expelled.

Unless it means putting him in a different school...but I can't see them completely throwing out an entire supporting cast.

Suspended? Maaaaaaaaybe. But expelled - no way. And even suspension would be a surprise...the teachers know he's something special. He gets away with a lot of stuff others wouldn't. I don't really see that changing.

Maybe Peter will get really lucky and have a hot young teacher make a move on him. And this teacher will turn out to be Ultimate Silver Sable, since she knows Peter is Spider-Man. Just a thought. Poor kid needs to get some to offset all the bad stuff happening to him. Bendis, hook a super-hero up man!

UltimateE said:
Bendis has been pretty adament that they do things "right" by keeping him in high school. I can't see him getting expelled.

Unless it means putting him in a different school...but I can't see them completely throwing out an entire supporting cast.

Suspended? Maaaaaaaaybe. But expelled - no way. And even suspension would be a surprise...the teachers know he's something special. He gets away with a lot of stuff others wouldn't. I don't really see that changing.

Same here, but I think half the fun of Peter getting expelled would be seeing how the situation got rectified. I could imagine Peter getting really defensive and using his completely open days to be Spider-Man full time, then realizing that, oh yeah, being Spider-Man full time would really suck!

UltimateE said:

send him to the school for the gifted, with all the mutants....i don't know now why....cuz they need to show the world that they take 'human' kids tooo

[Just fixing the tags- Cad]

Last edited by a moderator:
nigma said:
send him to the school for the gifted, with all the mutants....i don't know now why....cuz they need to show the world that they take 'human' kids tooo

Or the Baxter Building!

It would seem that they send everyone and their mother to the Baxter Building these days.

*exasperated sigh directed at Orson Scott Card*

Dr.Strangefate said:
Or the Baxter Building!

It would seem that they send everyone and their mother to the Baxter Building these days.

*exasperated sigh directed at Orson Scott Card*

how very true....

Latest posts

Back