Phoenix: Endsong discussion [Pak/Land] [spoilers]

Nobody in the Marvel universe is ever dead. And you can't go wrong with well-drawn, half-naked Emma antics. LOL

I'm just excited about new Cuckoo art. Greg Land's stuff has to be some of the best I've ever seen, and conveniently is appearing right when I was about to commission a piece of all five Stepford Cuckoos. Hmm. I guess praying to that bust of Stan Lee on my dresser really does work.

No, what I mean is that he never really fully died. He was just as sometype of liquid in Beast's lab in the subbasment. He never joined in the "white room". He was somewhat concious, just couldn'tdo anything.

It came across as more of an Ascension than anything else. Yay for the Cuckoos! Anyone else read "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"

Phoenix Endsong #2-sellout like the first.

Just like the first issue, Phoenix Endsong #2 has completely sold out, and will go into 2nd printing, with a variant cover, again, like the first.

"PHOENIX-ENDSONG SELLS OUT AGAIN -- LIMITED EDITON VARIANT COVER OF ISSUE #2 ON THE WAY!

Marvel Comics announces that PHOENIX-ENDSONG #2 has completely sold out from Diamond Comics and that backorders once again are mounting, at the same blistering pace as issue #1…and just like that first issue, #2 will return to store shelves in the form of a new Limited Edition Variant.

Says Marvel's Director of Sales, David Gabriel, "This is one of those series where the story is so compelling, and the illustrations so stunning, that we couldn't wait for the retailers and fans to see the book. Now that it's gotten out there and blowing out of stores, it's confirmed what we've always known internally: we had a phenomenal piece of art on our hands. Prepping variant printings of issue #1, and now issue #2, was an incredibly easy decision."

To see the cover and read more:
Phoenix Endsong sells out again.

I'm just glad that I have a copy reserved. All I gotta say is that Marvel better get Greg Pak to do some other books, cuz this guy is one hot writer. 'Course, all the credit can't go to him alone. You also have the awesome art by Greg Land! :D

And the colorists, inker, and the rest of the crew. Can't forget about them either! :wink:

Last edited:
Despite already having read it on MilheHighComics..... It's still Really Good....

Quinten Quire was one of my favorite new Characters in the Morrison Run, and I like him being back....

jtg3885 said:
I wonder Sophie coming back would herald the return of... Esme? Was that the other Cuckoo who died? I can never keep them straight.

The Cuckoos

Sophie- Died from the strain of using Cerebra against Quentin Quire during "Riot at Xaviers"

Esme- Joined Xorneto's brotherhood and cut herself of from the group mind. Killed by Xorneto when that all fell apart in "Planet X"

Mindee- Had the pyrokinetic boyfriend who was killed by anti-mutant activists in the last arc before Reloaded.

Celeste and Phoebe- Haven't done anythign individual. Still alive.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
Despite already having read it on MilheHighComics..... It's still Really Good....

Quinten Quire was one of my favorite new Characters in the Morrison Run, and I like him being back....
I do like QQ being back, but I do not want him to anyway be linked to the Phoenix (I know he was in the White Hot Room in HCT, but don't want him to become an avator this mini). It's already confusing enough...

Irish_4204 said:
I do like QQ being back, but I do not want him to anyway be linked to the Phoenix (I know he was in the White Hot Room in HCT, but don't want him to become an avator this mini). It's already confusing enough...
How so?

Welcome, btw. :D

icemastertron said:
How so?

Welcome, btw. :D
Thanks.

Well, it's not that confusing, but it would if QQ became the new host of the phoenix force after this mini it would. I just don't want that to happen. That would be confusing and would completely screw Rachel.

Oh yeah, I don't think he would be the new host. The only thing he wants with Phoenix at the moment is just to bring back Sohpie.

Icemastertron said:
Oh yeah, I don't think he would be the new host. The only thing he wants with Phoenix at the moment is just to bring back Sohpie.
Yeah I know. But it seems like this story MIGHT tie into HCT. For example, Beast's container (the phoenix egg) and now QQ showing up again (him being an avator in the White Hot Room). Hmm....can't wait for the next issue.

Last edited:
I don't think Quire is going to become the new Pheonix... i do think that Pheonix will bring back sophie, but she will turn on him and he will kill her, keeping things the same, except Quinten's out there, alive.

Quinten Quire has the potential to be one of the best X-men villians, and I really hope they don't kill him off

I think he has alot of potential as well. I just don't want to see him with the Raptor or I'll be really pissed.

Phoenix: Endsong #4 (spoilers)

I leafed through it while picking up Ultimate Secret today. I liked it for the most part. Especially Emma taking on the Phoenix Force... can anyone scan that frame of her in her new costume? I just want to know why a dude who has been hunting the Phoenix feels the need to grab a sword and go swinging at Quentin? Especially with the Phoenix right there? I know the two are sorta in cahoots (or at least Quentin is trying to help the Phoenix so his beloved Sophie can get resurrected) but going after an Omega telepath with a sword just sounds like a bad idea.

I thought this issue was absolutely amazing. The story was well-written and the characters are well-characterized (though i think wolverine trusted emma a little too quickly), and I think this art is the best in the business right now. Even if it's done off photo references, I really like this art out of all the ones I see.

This issue was truly great. I don't think that Wolverine trusted Emma too quickly. He can smell that. He's done it before. But Emma with the Phoenix, gotta admit she looks cool. If I get the chance, I'll scan in the picture.

I loved the art. It's just so great. I can't wait to see how this ends.

icemastertron said:
But Emma with the Phoenix, gotta admit she looks cool. If I get the chance, I'll scan in the picture.
Well, I was thinking of something very similar for the Phoenix costumes in you-know-what, so I know Skotti would also appreciate a good-sized scan of that.

Latest posts

Back