Possible BKV X-Men stuff

Friday

Well, I've been bored lately, so I decided to read the 20 some page FAQ on Vaughans message board. I'm gonna post any UXM related thingies here. Keep in mind that some of these are 4 months old.

BKV and Friends. said:
2. Will you please switch Jean over from Marvel Girl to the Phoenix codename?

PROBABLY NOT?

3. Bendis left open a little plot with Jean talking to some mystery person at the end of his Blockbuster arc, will you touch on this? (or just admit it was Apocalypse)

I WILL INDEED.

If I beg can I get Ultimate Avalanche and Pyro? PLEASE?????

***I can guarantee you will be seeing one of these characters before 2006

Brian, since you can theoretically get away with more continuity-wise in UXM will you ever address the issue of the third Summers brother?

***Absolutely not. ^^

Question:
How would you feel if Joe Q came down and said that he wanted to do an ultimate universe/616 crossover?

***Blech. Joe would never say that, and I would never want to do it.

2. You mentioned that Ultimate X-Men is yours for 54-65 and without and spoilers could you break it down how you plan to have it flow. Could you fill in the question marks? And if it doesn't give anything away what are the arc titles?
54-57 Longshot arc "The Most Dangerous Game"(we already know this)
58-?? Shorter stories arc "?"
??-65 Final arc "?"

***58 is a standalone issue. 59-60 is a two-parter. 61-65 is our final mega arc. That's all I'm saying!

Are there anymore characters you would like to Ultimatize when you are done with your run on Ultimate X-men?

***Not really. I love all-new stuff.

Since you have a nice long run coming up on Ultimate X-Men can you reply if any of the following might show up in your run. Just a yes or no would be cool. No spoilers needed just wondering. Thanks

Magneto
Juggernaut
Sabertooth
Emma Frost
Avalance
Pyro
Forge
Banshee
Mystique
more Nick Fury

***We will see at least two of those people in the next twelve issues. That's all I'm saying.

In the schedules thread you wrote about the Ultimate X-Men:
"a standalone story focusing on Ultimate Xavier and an all-new Ultimate villain"

Is this an all-new Ultimate villain: A. Your all new creation or B. a regular universe Marvel villain never before seen in the Ultimate Universe.

***A! 100% all-new.

Did Jean Paul refuse to stay at the mansion? Will he reappear?

***Probably not, we have a pretty full house, as is.

Any chance we could see Mystique,Destiny and Magneto in your run?

***You'll see at least one of them.

hmmm. Dazzler's supposed to be similar to Brody Dalle of the Distillers, so what does Dazzler's band sound like?

***Like ****.

Will we see Moira Mctagertt again?

***Maybe.

What about Emma Frost and Havok? Will we see the hellions before Singer??

***I can actually answer this question... YES! To both!

Okay.... An hour and a half later....

Do what you will here. Poke it, prode it, roll it over. We knew alot of it, some of it we suspected (Dazzler's band), some of it's new. Good luck.

Wow Baxter - thanks for sorting through those and sharing them. Interesting. He seems pretty secretive about the rest of his run.

UltimateE said:
Wow Baxter - thanks for sorting through those and sharing them. Interesting. He seems pretty secretive about the rest of his run.

You wouldn't belive how many I didn't put in there because all he did to reply was say "Stay tuned"

This is actually a very interesting turn out in terms of stuff we can talk about, you know? Very good, Bax, you did the UC well!

First, I'm getting this odd feeling that Vaughan is wrapping up our most asked questions. What's going on with Jean and the Phoenix? What's going on with Wolverine's wife (Which is what I'm thinking the short story is going to follow)? Is Mystique really the cat? I mean, he knows his stuff and what Bendis and Millar left for him to focus on and I think that he's going to be doing a good job doing what he can in terms of wrapping it up. Sure, he'll have to leave SOME things left undone, but he's going to be kicking it out... That's nothing but a good thing in my opinion!

Also, there's a lot of speculation as to who he is going to be used, you know? I mean rumors that Avalanche and Pyro are going to be showing up? One of the three more interesting villains (Mystique, Magneto, and Destiny) will be showing up... I'm thinking that this run will be something worth remembering. I'm hoping he clears up all of the stuff with the mutants that are in SHIELD custody and then some... Maybe Mystique is going to be forming a new Brotherhood with Emma, Alex, Avalanche, and more, you know? It would be interesting... They could be the Ultimate Hellions. I don't know, this sounds great, though! :)

I think that he updates his FAQ thread monday nights, so there might be more new info later too. I'll post whatever goes up in here.

We're deffinatly getting more Emma Frost, and I hope we get some Pyro in there too. If he does do anything with the tattered remains of the Brotherhood I really want to see Forge come to the mansion, of course that's my dead beast.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The Marvel/UU crossover was shot down... thank God..

I'm wondering if he inadvertantly confirmed that the upcoming Millar story is NOT a 616 crossover.

There was a rumour that there would be a 616 crossover? I really hope they never do that, that's like the exiles popping up in ultimateland. It should be self contained. Please let it remain self contained.

Guijllons said:
There was a rumour that there would be a 616 crossover? I really hope they never do that, that's like the exiles popping up in ultimateland. It should be self contained. Please let it remain self contained.

Yeah, wild speculation from Wizard based on a Millar interview that Millar did nothing to refute. Actually, I'm not sure they asked him specifically or what. But regardless, I don't think it's happening. It's just hype.

Woo-Hoo! This is all awesome, awesome news! Thanks Baxter for giving this is VERY cool insight.

S'cuse me while I go geek out! :D

Guijllons said:

That could be good but only if it was done right. Probably if it wasn't written by Bedard. Its not his kind of thing.

Seriously though Baxter, this interview reminded how much I love Vaughn. Seriously.

Personally there's nothing else in the UU that I'd rather not see than a dimension hop to an existing book. Though, famous last words, I may be proved wrong...
Ultimate howard the duck would be scary too. Hmm, although, I could think of ways that could work :)

Can you give the link to the site of Brain''s Messageboard? That'd be cool.

Thinking about it now, if he brings in Sabretooth, he has to explain how he came back from that head chopping from Logan. I mean, Logan really cut off his head, and there was a BIG gap between his head and the rest of his neck.

And as I said, #58 is a stand alone with the villain being an original character created by Vaughan. 8)

UltimateE said:
Yeah, wild speculation from Wizard based on a Millar interview that Millar did nothing to refute. Actually, I'm not sure they asked him specifically or what. But regardless, I don't think it's happening. It's just hype.
Yeah, Wizard started all that spec. Now people think it's happening, when that was never said in the first place.

Last edited:
I hope to see Pyro and Mystique. Who do you think will be in the final arc? Im thinkin Magneto or Dark Phoeniz but hoping Apocalypse. And it might involve archangel.

www.bkv.tv It's linked right up top, and has a little blog thingy that he does.

On sabertooth, I think he could still be alive. The angle of the art doesn't show his entire neck, so he could have just had his throat slashed out.

Baxter said:
www.bkv.tv It's linked right up top, and has a little blog thingy that he does.

On sabertooth, I think he could still be alive. The angle of the art doesn't show his entire neck, so he could have just had his throat slashed out.

Nah, it's a pretty huge cut. If Sabretooth only got his throat slit he would have still be asking for more. Wolverine's also a killer, and knows that only a fatal decapitation would take out a healer like Sabretooth so he definitely lopped off Sabretooth's head. It was just done slightly offscreen to minimize the gore since UXM is a comic book for all ages and not MAX.

My theory is that some of the Brotherhood probably tried to patch him quickly, long enough for Sabretooth to survive and regenerate.

Latest posts

Back